Degree Needed For Non-Teaching Work Permit Application?

From looking that the post, this "rule" seems to only apply to Caucasians aka "farang". There are many foreigners in Thailand that have work permits that are doing jobs just about any Thai person can do like construction and housekeeper jobs. Looks like a pretty racist rule to me.

People from surrounding countries are allowed to do any work for a WP visa, but are only allowed visas for if I recall correctly 4 years, where as other foreigners no matter what colour their skin are allowed visas for as many years as they can get them. So who is disadvantaged ?

Actually yes, most countries do. Thailand has "little man syndrome" when it comes to foreigners working here. Pathetically outdated.

webdesign only needs him i guess, so why bother with 4 thais that would be doing NOTHING ALL DAY anyway... why make it so hard for farang to live and work here ? would like to see if in your home country when a THAI wants a job, they will ask to have 4 natives working there, just to be able to hire the Thai, lets say as a COOK in a thai restaurant, what or why would you need for locals that know nothing about thai cooking ???

good for me, i dont (have to) work (anymore or less)

Does your country allow anyone to just move there and work?

That's an incredibly ignorant statement, sausage. So you're telling me anyone can just cross the border into America and work? Rhetorical question, of course, as the answer is no. Do you actually think before typing a post?

Semantics and pedantic..No doubt his answer goes with the OP and assumes the person is in-country already with a valid visa...

Actually yes, most countries do. Thailand has "little man syndrome" when it comes to foreigners working here. Pathetically outdated.

webdesign only needs him i guess, so why bother with 4 thais that would be doing NOTHING ALL DAY anyway... why make it so hard for farang to live and work here ? would like to see if in your home country when a THAI wants a job, they will ask to have 4 natives working there, just to be able to hire the Thai, lets say as a COOK in a thai restaurant, what or why would you need for locals that know nothing about thai cooking ???

good for me, i dont (have to) work (anymore or less)

Does your country allow anyone to just move there and work?

Yep, true in Australia too. But make sure you go there by small unseaworthy boat tho !!

BUT Australia has age discrimination on work visa permits..

From looking that the post, this "rule" seems to only apply to Caucasians aka "farang". There are many foreigners in Thailand that have work permits that are doing jobs just about any Thai person can do like construction and housekeeper jobs. Looks like a pretty racist rule to me.

If you are talking about other Asian peoples... they all belong to the Asean 7 Group and can easily work in any job in Thailand... similar to EEC in Europe.. Those rules you talk about are there to keep Farangs from taking Thai jobs...

coffee1.gif I admit to be a complete novice in this but I'll ask this question anyhow....even if I end up with "foot in mouth" disease.

I know about capitalization requirements for a foriegner owning a business in Thailand...but I'm not sure if it is true that a THAI owning a business (legally, i mean) needs to come up with any capital up front to hire a foriegner as an advisor.

So, being a complete novice as i said....are you really SURE a Thai owned business needs that 2 million Baht capital just to hire a foriegn consultant or employee?

Just seeking information on that point.

licklips.gif

coffee1.gif I admit to be a complete novice in this but I'll ask this question anyhow....even if I end up with "foot in mouth" disease.

I know about capitalization requirements for a foriegner owning a business in Thailand...but I'm not sure if it is true that a THAI owning a business (legally, i mean) needs to come up with any capital up front to hire a foriegner as an advisor.

So, being a complete novice as i said....are you really SURE a Thai owned business needs that 2 million Baht capital just to hire a foriegn consultant or employee?

Just seeking information on that point.

Yes, that foreigner would still need a Work Permit to work for a 100% Thai owned company and the Rule is that each foreign WP requires 2 Million THB of Registered Capitalisation; this figure is shown on the Minisitry of Commerce Company Registration papers.

With certain exeptions, all Thai Limited Companies have to have a majority of Thai ownership anyway (>51%).

If the foreign national works as a consultant and is not an employee of the Thai company่, then while it may be true that the company will not be required to help the foreign national to get a work permit, that does not mean that the foreign nationals does not need a work permit

The foreign national consultant is still required to have a work permit, so if any problem then the Thai company is protected, but the foreign national is hung out to dry