Mini Lasagna

Gladiator

I guess that one of the things about Chiang Mai is that we 'flush' with international restaurants and supermarkets.

One of the things which is on sale at a Wesern supermarket called Rimpings is a mini-lasgana in a ramekin. Quite tatsy and not an exorbitant price. After eating I always keep the ramekins for future use.

The other day I thought that I would have a go and cook my own, instead of the nomral way layered in a tray - this tme I used the ramekins. It came out very well.

Because of the size of the ramekins I put the cooked lasagna pasta in the meat sauce and then made the cheese sauce. Pre-heated the electric oven. Put some meat sauce in eagh ramekin, then a layer of chese sause and finally some gratted cheddar on top. 40 minutes at 180C and they came out grand.

Gladiator

you have a toaster oven or a real oven?

Sorry for the delay in reply.

I do have a toaster oven but I bought an elecric oven from Makro and it does the job well. There are a few grid levels on it, a tray, temperature seting up to 250C plus plus timer and up/down/both heating elelements. Sorry I can't see the name of the manufacture on it but it came in somewhere around 2000 THB. We have used i for Lasagna, Pizza, Shepherds Pie and lots more. The next venture will be to make Pita Bread pockets. Apart from using them with various dips - I quite enjoy them filled with bacon and mushrooms.