Suggestions For Valentines Day Dinner

rmicheald

I have taken many a lady to the Beer Garden nr Walking street. Sit at a table overlooking the sea, small table lamps to give a little atmosphere, the Pattaya City sign illuminated, the lights along the shore and the boats bobbing about on the water. Friendly staff. Relaxing and I've never had a bad word said about a night out there from anyone of them :)

Reasonable prices too. Good desserts like Ice cream banana boat etc.

No rush to vacate the tables.

• Like 1

There is a place on the dark side called "Sure Park Steakhouse" that is very nice and has lots of private romantic seats around it and unfortunately is not well known because it's kinda hard to find. they used to have a live soft band playing there around the beautiful pond all lit up. The owners name is Sunny and he speaks impeccable English.

Here is the website I just found. GREAT STEAK !!!!!!!!

http://www.sureparkpattaya.com/

• Like 1

Let's start hearing some reasonably priced options

dam_n jehricaholic, if a gourmet diner like you cannot recommend anywhere

what the rest of us supposed to do....?

lol... this will be my first (and hopefully last) Valentines in Pattaya. Anyways, even if I were to think of myself as a 'gourmet' type, my spouse is the boss and will only eat steak.

Edited by jehricaholic

There is a place on the dark side called "Sure Park Steakhouse" that is very nice and has lots of private romantic seats around it and unfortunately is not well known because it's kinda hard to find. they used to have a live soft band playing there around the beautiful pond all lit up. The owners name is Sunny and he speaks impeccable English.

This is just next to Green Field Villas 2 if you know where that is.

Another place I find really nice is the unfortunately named Manneken Piss on SSCC. Try the steak with the blue cheese sauce, to die for!

Cafe Des Amis

Where is that? Menu? Price? Info?

Thanks

Google is your friend:

http://www.cafedesam...a.com/home.html

Not cheap but I like the food and the setting is very nice. To me wins hands down over places like Mata Hari and Manhattans

Couldent agree more, in our opinion it has got to be the best restaurant in Pattaya !!!

Cafe Des Amis

Where is that? Menu? Price? Info?

Thanks

Google is your friend:

http://www.cafedesam...a.com/home.html

Not cheap but I like the food and the setting is very nice. To me wins hands down over places like Mata Hari and Manhattans

Couldent agree more, in our opinion it has got to be the best restaurant in Pattaya !!!

and most expensive?

If the wife/girlfriend/barfine is Thai there isn't much point taking her to an expensive Farang type restaurant where she won't appreciate the difference.

A rather over the top generalization but running with the idea that gives me an idea for a new kind of niche restaurant. The food might not be appreciated but hiso decor and service would be seen as special. So here goes: five star decor and service with one star 100 baht level European food. Charge one third what a real fine restaurant would charge. Money saved. Date impressed!

If the wife/girlfriend/barfine is Thai there isn't much point taking her to an expensive Farang type restaurant where she won't appreciate the difference.

The words I want to use would have me banned, but if thats your attitude towards Thais then how on earth have you survived here?

The words I want to use would have me banned, but if thats your attitude towards Thais then how on earth have you survived here?

Chill dude... I'll think you'll find you're in the minority

Chill dude... I'll think you'll find you're in the minority

Your avatar does you proud

Agreed and i survivied 15 years here, all the feelings i got back was what they could have done with the thousands of baht spent, and always had a craving for som tam when we came out.

i to always dislike it as i had 30 years of having to eat that overpiced meat and veg because of my job. nice basic thai will do us just fine. British style Chinese would be a dream, its all after all my valentines day as well.

Edited by marstons

I think what the OP wants is a mix of good food AND Romantic.

Just because a place served good food, prices are decent etc I wouldn't say that a place like "Cherries" (which has it all) on a busy soi would be classed as "Romantic".

The place I mentioned has all including a romantic atmosphere.

I don't know this place everyone is talking about called "Cafe Des Amis" is bout sounds like a place worth trying one day as many folk are recommending it here.

Seeing as I'm single and not into the bar girl scene it's off to 7-11 for a nice "Mama" soup for Valentines. :(

This is just next to Green Field Villas 2 if you know where that is.

Another place I find really nice is the unfortunately named Manneken Piss on SSCC. Try the steak with the blue cheese sauce, to die for!

Phil can you give better reference to the Mannekin piss on SSCC? What soi is it near? I will take a run up there today and have a looksy.

VERY UNTRUE... my wife and I have been together 5 years, honeymooned in Las Vegas and she has gone to the States 3 times.... She loves prime rib, Hamburgers, corn beef and cabbage and many other farang foods. She is intelligent, hiso and enjoys a good ambiance. We usually go to cabbages and condoms, but I am tired of that..

Not all Thai women are ignorant bar sluts. People are people no matter where you are, so get some class and stop thinking so poorly about the people in whose country YOU ARE A GUEST...

• Like 1

VERY UNTRUE... my wife and I have been together 5 years, honeymooned in Las Vegas and she has gone to the States 3 times.... She loves prime rib, Hamburgers, corn beef and cabbage and many other farang foods. She is intelligent, hiso and enjoys a good ambiance. We usually go to cabbages and condoms, but I am tired of that..

Not all Thai women are ignorant bar sluts. People are people no matter where you are, so get some class and stop thinking so poorly about the people in whose country YOU ARE A GUEST...

Now look who is over generalizing.."Not all Thai women are ignorant bar sluts", and is "thinking so poorly" about those who have an opinion contrary to yours. Tropo has a valid point, but perhaps he could have used a smaller brush, but at least he stated his opinion with "some class".