Suggestions For Valentines Day Dinner

rmicheald

If the wife/girlfriend/barfine is Thai there isn't much point taking her to an expensive Farang type restaurant where she won't appreciate the difference.

The words I want to use would have me banned, but if thats your attitude towards Thais then how on earth have you survived here?

Survive here? I'm here by my own free will and love it.

Edited by tropo

If the wife/girlfriend/barfine is Thai there isn't much point taking her to an expensive Farang type restaurant where she won't appreciate the difference.

A rather over the top generalization but running with the idea that gives me an idea for a new kind of niche restaurant. The food might not be appreciated but hiso decor and service would be seen as special. So here goes: five star decor and service with one star 100 baht level European food. Charge one third what a real fine restaurant would charge. Money saved. Date impressed!

Sounds great. When will you be opening?

A rather over the top generalization but running with the idea that gives me an idea for a new kind of niche restaurant. The food might not be appreciated but hiso decor and service would be seen as special. So here goes: five star decor and service with one star 100 baht level European food. Charge one third what a real fine restaurant would charge. Money saved. Date impressed!

Sounds great. When will you be opening?

Thank you for your interest in this exciting new niche restaurant concept, clearly with franchise potential to resorts all over Thailand!

To be clear, I wasn't suggesting the ACTUAL price could be as low as 100 baht for main courses. That is because to present the illusion of a hiso restaurant, there are extra cost factors that would need to be priced in. I was suggesting the food costs FOR THE RESTAURANT should be at about the same level as budget "f-rang food" such as you would find at the Boat Restaurant.

Of course, why not step it up a notch and make the entire experience more fun and ironic for the f-rang paying party (because they certainly won't be going for the food)?

For example, menus with fake, bizarrely inflated prices for both parties (with the understanding to the f-rang the actual check will be a fraction of the printed prices). For example, bottled water, 200 baht.

Then there are the actual dishes. Just pork steak and potatoes doesn't sound very hiso. Here are some menu ideas to support the ironic concept:

Beef Swellington

Well done Thai beef patty inserted into a sweet hamburger bun, sewn together, egg battered and coated with rice powder, deep fried in month old palm oil, served with a heart drawing on top of sweet Thai ketchup, finished with sugar powder

Braised Sweetbreads avec sauce Pattayanois

Thai bologna sizzled in an oily wok, served with a reduction of Thai powdered fake orange sugar juice, fish sauce, sugar, au jus of crushed grasshoppers, and sugar

Edited by Jingthing

Back to suggestions:

'The View' on Ban Amphur beach, about half way between Ambassador City hotel and Huay Yai traffic lights. Directly on the beach and very laid-back atmosphere. Not bad prices (200-400 for a main course). http://eat.edtguide.com/327974_the-view-beach-bar-restaurant-

There's another restaurant on this stretch of beach, 'The Glass House'. I haven't tried this one yet, but it looks really nice and all reports from friends have been good. There's a review with photos at the bottom of this link http://thailandtittletattle.com/dining/

Can people please get off the Chang-beers, and help in this thread?

Most replays are just fighting each other?!?

I'm looking for a romantic dinner, preferable beach side - with a junior suite, at a MAX. of 100k baht for dinner + room.....Na Jomtien, Pattaya, Naklua...somewhere in that area - it has to exist?

I'm looking for a romantic dinner, preferable beach side - with a junior suite, at a MAX. of 100k baht for dinner + room.....Na Jomtien, Pattaya, Naklua...somewhere in that area - it has to exist?

How many people in your party? 100 thousand baht is quite a budget!

Edited by LennyW

Romantic 'table for two" dinners is my middle name

I know you like that.

Girl, tonight is all for you, a special rendezvous, a table for two.

A table for two, dinner room with a view.

Your body's unwinding you, let me eat up,

Gonna start at your toes til I hit it up,

A table for two.

Tonight I'm gonna eat on you, but there won't be no add on you,

No teasing you, gonna kiss on your lips where it's pleasing you.

Come on in, lay the table, it's your body I wanna feast.

Girl tonight, I'll be your waiter, I'm gonna serve a midnight treat.

Would you like a little teaser, enough to wipe your appetite.

A little taste of something sweeter, served just the way you like.

I wanna taste your wine, I want your lips on mine.

I wanna pleasure you, baby, anyway you want me to.

http://www.lyrics007...o%20Lyrics.html

Edited by poanoi

take a room at the Hilton

KING GRAND OCEAN SUITE only 30,700 baht

well within your budget.......

Sea Sun Sand Resort is the place you want.

take a room at the Hilton

KING GRAND OCEAN SUITE only 30,700 baht

well within your budget.......

Cheapskate :D

Grand Mirage Duplex Suite 48 000 THB

Apologies as I have not read the start of this topic but has anybody tried The Pullman? My TGF was suggesting it for next time I am there and saying it had beachside dining?