Thai Gf In Your Own Country

muay_thai

I have been told that Thai restaurants outside of London are far more friendlier places to work.

I wish , my wife has had a few jobs in Reading and Oxford , same sh1t different town/city. And as you say , the student/hi-so Thais were hitting on anything in trousers for an extra tip ( Not asparagus... :o )

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Bronco I think you reflect the general attitude in Oz.......those who look down on others are a piece of shit. We are all the same and it takes more guts and class to be able to sit down for a beer with a garbage collector than it does to sit down for a beer with a lawyer (although we may be more afraid of the lawyer) !! :D

Every time I see a post from "lady penny" :D I think no leave it alone but I just can't help myself when I see tripe like that and have to reply :D .

I suppose a guy who's nick is female and is 1/2 kiwi says it all :o

Wouldn't want to eat with a lawyer you'd wear the bill somehow :D

Pnu

Pls don't bring me in to this high class thing! :o

If you read my small contribution than you see that my point is the education.

You cannot onlytalk about the weather.So to become friends there should be some level that connects.

One of the closest friends of my wife (still at the moment) is a divorced,living on social welfare,highly educated philipinno woman in Holland, who cannot get a job because of her looks!

Although we all (I think) would like to be treated equal.It is simply not like that in life.( I think that is the message of Penelope).Like it or not but look around and you will come to that conclusion.

Although we all (I think) would like to be treated equal.It is simply not like that in life.( I think that is the message of Penelope).Like it or not but look around and you will come to that conclusion.

Thankyou, see someone CAN address the point, rather than resorting to trite ,banal, personal insults that are a reaction to a FACT of thai society that I happened to mention.

well penny trite, banal, personal insults, you havn't been insulted yet :o but I reckon your gonna get a few soon, if you're that sensitive don't read em.

You first got my attention when you stuck your nose into a migration issue, remember? well you were wrong then and not much has changed in a lot of your posts since since. :D

I give you your due, you know your stuff when it comes to programming.

Now if you see this as a personal insult , then I suggest you do some exercise to broaden you shoulders.

well penny trite, banal, personal insults, you havn't been insulted yet :o but I reckon your gonna get a few soon, if you're that sensitive don't read em.

You first got my attention when you stuck your nose into a migration issue, remember? well you were wrong then and not much has changed in a lot of your posts since since. :D

I give you your due, you know your stuff when it comes to programming.

Now if you see this as a personal insult , then I suggest you do some exercise to broaden you shoulders.

It is not a sensitivity issue.

You can "type" what you want, if it is a soothing outlet for your denials. Think of my avatar as you personal stress squeeze ball, my gift to you, free of charge.

Accepted.I know you from our chat.

I do have quite a strong opinion about this issue,which is in principal not the thread issue.

I think we moving away from that.

Muaythai was requesting experiences from mixed couples abroad.

I spend (with my Thai wife) 5 years in Germany-2 years in France-5 years in Indonesia and 15 years in Holland. I think we do have some experience.

Over the housewarming we will talk later OK? :o

Think of my avatar as you personal stress squeeze ball, my gift to you, free of charge.

your avatar is like your posts, without substance :o

I disagree.

Many of my posts have offered practical and useful information.Perhaps substanceless to some, but you can't fulfill everyone.

GIRL OF YOUR DREAMS?

Well, you are not the only farang who finds his dream girl?

Are not all Thai Woman so nice and handsome and they are willing to do everything for you to have a better life?

Maybe you should (if you really want) take here to the UK for a Holiday and let's see if she really like it. Winter time would be the best time, then she know how it is to life in the cold.

If you took her from the bar, then think twice. The most farang who took woman from the bar have allot of problems and the most relations are not standing for long.

About 3% have a good relation?

The most woman come from the farm land. No education etc. In the beginning everything is fine, but the world is small for these woman.

If she has childeren and family, you have to support them?

What I always hear? My woman is different. She don't worked in the bar and she never asked for money

Good luck!

An old man told me ones. A woman can leave the bar, but the bar never leaves the woman

still carry on can't beat a good argument........ :D

Sorry to disapoint, but that's all from me. It's hardly an argument when you are simply stating facts about Thai society, and then another person insults you for being a messenger of those facts.

Bronco's rebuttal ability is so medicore and inept that [a] he cant' focus on the original point has to resort to petty insults [c] has to refer to other postings in different threads. And accuses me of having a lack of substance. :o

I’m a Brit who married a Thai girl (not a bar girl) two weeks after we met, and we’re now coming up to our 13th anniversary. We married quickly because I travel a great deal as a journalist and had to move on to the States and wanted to take her with me. After the US embassy turned her down twice for a visa, they were great once we’d married.

For the first 18 months she travelled with me to Europe, the US and Australia, but it got expensive so then she stayed behind in the UK most of the time while I went overseas. We were based in East London where Thais seem to be a rare species (as opposed possibly to South West London) and I felt uneasy about her not knowing many people (just my sister) while I was away, so I decided we should re-locate to Thailand.

It avoided placing presure on our marriage and was a good move, especially after the currency collapse. My only problem is that by travelling so frequently I’ve had no opportunity over the last 10 years or so to learn Thai, or perhaps my brain is full with other garbage and needs de-fragging. So I’m completely in her hands in dealing with day-to-day stuff like the phone people and buying furniture and such. She even had to take me to get my hair cut until the guy I use learned how I wanted it done!!!

She still travels with me once a year, we have a few days away from Bangkok a couple of times a year, she visits her family in Kalasin once or twice a year, and I make a point of us going out to dinner at least once a week. Now, to help pass the time when I’m away, she’s doing a BA in English (at 42) to add to her unused BA in Political Science. I enjoy being based in Bangkok, despite it’s many frustrations, and could never live in the UK again. I like the chaos of Bangkok, and the mix of East and West, and the way that slowly but surely the city is getting a better place to live (more trees and plants, better paving on the streets, the skytrain and upcoming subway). In 10 years, there might even be a decent number of young people speaking recognisable English. We both enjoy both Thai and ‘falang’ food, and I’ve finally convinced her that having more than one glass of beer doesn’t make you an alcoholic.

Of course there are cultural differences, and I have to bite my tongue sometimes. Her support for police conducting their own executions being justified, is one example. On the other hand, I’ve taught her to stand up against poor service instead of mildly accepting it as most Thai people do. As far as money goes, she holds the ATM cards, although I have an account in the UK from which money is transferred each month. She also has two accounts of her own in Thailand, one which was set up with 100 baht when she began her university course and which I now contribute 5000 a month to, and she has another with 150,000 which was money I loaned to a relative and it was paid back monthly into that acount. I thought she might as well keep it, even though the money originally came out of ‘my’ account. Her accounts are not used though, just used as a place for savings.

I said before your posts lack substance, stick to commenting on software, I've told you thats your ball.

I am not insulting you penn just don't try and be so superior this a forum not a top of the heap race.

Where in NZ do you come from? if you are white you might be my son :o

Hi Bangkok Barry,

A good story to come back to the thread again.

Although we are very different from each other it looks very simular to mine situation,

Also here the real solution is (according to my humble opinion) educational background,besides a healthy personal life view.

You are going to break my record (27 years till now and still going strong) ?:o

Hi Dutch

Yep. I think education is the key. Although my wife came from a farming family they appear to be comfortable rather than poor, with a decent enough house. Once she finished school she was able to attend university in Bangkok, whereas someone from a poor background would have ended up working in the fields. And she's interested in overseas. It often seems to me that most Thai people are not interested in anything overseas unless it's something to do with Manchester United.