N/W Bs Transfere To Bkk Bank

hi all

i want to transfere money from my nationwide account in the uk via swift to my bangkok bank "foreign currency deposit" account in thailand

n/w tells me 25 pounds for this to send bangkok bank tell me 500 baht to recive, but ive heard that n/w transfrere through anintermeditary bank which also charge, anyone had any experience of this or know anything about it.

regards

I would transfer it through Bangkok bank LONDON, do it online costs nothing, BKK bank will charge you to forward on to Thailand BKK bank account 15.00 done within 24 hrs of reaching London branch.Then you can put it wherever you want.

Edited by CharlieH

If the option to transfer in STG is taken, the fee is 20 pounds at the UK end and the .25% with the minimum of 200 baht and maximum of 500 baht at the Thailand end

http://www.bangkokbank.com/Bangkok%20Bank/Personal%20Banking/Transfering%20Funds/Transferring%20into%20Thailand/Receiving%20Funds%20from%20UK/Pages/UK_Internet%20Banking.aspx

I would transfer it through Bangkok bank LONDON, do it online costs nothing, BKK bank will charge you to forward on to Thailand BKK bank account 15.00 done within 24 hrs of reaching London branch.Then you can put it wherever you want.

I presume you need to open an account there to do this - if so how easy is it to do that - what is required?

Can it be done if you are not actually in the UK?

Depending on the way you want to transfer the funds, the charge will be in excess of what you quote. It is also okay if you do not want the funds in a hurry.

I personally prefer to do a normal SWIFT transfer for 20 pounds. The funds are in my Bangkok Bank account the next day.