1yr Non Immi O

Thanks for your responses Lopburi3 and Dr. Pat Pong.

In my case I will have not only a birth certificate but also (from the US Embassy in Bangkok) a Report of the Birth of an American Citizen Abroad and a US passport for my son. One of the requirements for obtaining those documents was signing an Affadavit of Parentage and Support, wherein I promised to support him until the age of 18. Had I been legally married this would have been unnecessary, but that's another story...

I am hoping this paperwork, certified by the US Embassy, will be sufficient to obtain the extension of stay. Any thoughts?

Thanks for your responses Lopburi3 and Dr. Pat Pong.

In my case I will have not only a birth certificate but also (from the US Embassy in Bangkok) a Report of the Birth of an American Citizen Abroad and a US passport for my son.  One of the requirements for obtaining those documents was signing an Affadavit of Parentage and Support, wherein I promised to support him until the age of 18.  Had I been legally married this would have been unnecessary, but that's another story...

I am hoping this paperwork, certified by the US Embassy, will be sufficient to obtain the extension of stay.  Any thoughts?

That should put a different light on it. I would give the extension a try in that case.

Hi,does anyone knows how many 1yr Non O visa can u get,i remember i read a while ago that after 3yrs they dont give u a 1yr Non O Visa anymore,because they say u can ask for residency status,is that true?

The residency status tale is just another myth.

I've been getting one year extensions on my non-o visa since 1992. Am off to Samui next week to pick up the next one. So, no, there doesn't appear to be that requirement if you have been getting one year extensions.

Sorry, bit off the current topic, but felt I needed to add that part!

Anyone got a non-imm O multi 1 year in Penang recently? What paperwork was required? I usually only need my marriage cert and photocopy of wifes ID ,, just concerned cos I heard they wont issue B type multi anymore and wondered if they had also changed O. I need to renew 1st week in Jan and dont want a wasted journey. THX in advance

Anyone got a non-imm O multi 1 year in Penang recently? What paperwork was required? I usually only need my marriage cert and photocopy of wifes ID ,, just concerned cos I heard they wont issue B type multi anymore and wondered if they had also changed O. I need to renew 1st week in Jan and dont want a wasted journey. THX in advance

Do not believe anyone has reported any problems with the multi O at Penang.