Box Of Chocolates

HansBlinkers

Hand made chocolates at the Belgian chocolate place on Bumrungraj Rd - opposite British Council.

Can't remember the name; chocolates are yummy and I pretty much hate all supermarket sold chocolate (apart from one kind of Lindt dark! ), but I love all of theirs.

Hand made chocolates at the Belgian chocolate place on Bumrungraj Rd - opposite British Council.

Can't remember the name; chocolates are yummy and I pretty much hate all supermarket sold chocolate (apart from one kind of Lindt dark! ), but I love all of theirs.

Is that what you're hoping for tomorrow? wub.png

Duc the Praslin is good for chocolates; but I'll be heading to the Oriental Bakery for some macaroons..

Macaroons ! Where's that place Winnie?

At the Oriental Hotel's shopping village. (To your right when driving into the parking lot, and again to your right when walking into the village. (Which actually is a village; they moved old wooden houses there to build something that looks like an ancient Thai or Chinese village..) And the macaroons are mag-ni-fi-cent. Best I've had outside of Paris. (Even in Paris they'd be excellent)

Don't let it scare you that it's at the Oriental Hotel; while not cheap, prices are very reasonable. (Also for bread and so on, which doesn't really cost more than Rim Ping.)

http://www.mandarino.../oriental_shop/

https://www.facebook...281253278570892

https://foursquare.c...9fde21ea7d00976

din5_pop.jpg

BV2FE2NZJGSQGPY3ZZUJMUFMDTLXC3JJSJ5321WUXXXQ5T0N.jpg

They have some 'controversial' flavors too; when you ask them to just do a combination of flavors, they'll ask "Are you sure you want the olive flavored ones too?" wink.png (Which in my case is a resounding YES; it's a bit of an acquired taste that one, but for some weird reason it works. ) Most other flavours are more traditional.

By the way, for residents of Chiang Mai (that's anyone who asks) they usually have a monthly promotion offer, typically coffee (any style, cappuccino, etc.) plus some kind of cake for under 100 baht. That makes it a very good deal, and competitive with most in-town coffee shops. If you don't ask for the promotion then the regular coffee list prices are not really Chiang Mai-appropriate.

Also after a certain time (6 or 7pm?) they have discounts on their cakes.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Update: They have chocolates too, but not cheap. Macaroons go for 18 baht each these days, chocolate bonbons 27 baht each.

For macaroons they have boxes of 4, 12 and 24 pcs, so 54 baht, 216 baht or 432 baht.

Minimum amount to pay with credit card is 300 baht; so had to spend that much otherwise it would come out of my cash drinking budget for the week. ;)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Update: They have chocolates too, but not cheap. Macaroons go for 18 baht each these days, chocolate bonbons 27 baht each.

For macaroons they have boxes of 4, 12 and 24 pcs, so 54 baht, 216 baht or 432 baht.

Minimum amount to pay with credit card is 300 baht; so had to spend that much otherwise it would come out of my cash drinking budget for the week. wink.png

Minimum amount to pay with credit card is 300 baht; so had to spend that much otherwise it would come out of my cash drinking budget for the week. wink.png

Go on - I'll be as petty as you. 4 x 18 = 72

• Like 1

Duc the Praslin is good for chocolates; but I'll be heading to the Oriental Bakery for some macaroons..

Macaroons ! Where's that place Winnie?

At the Oriental Hotel's shopping village. (To your right when driving into the parking lot, and again to your right when walking into the village. (Which actually is a village; they moved old wooden houses there to build something that looks like an ancient Thai or Chinese village..) And the macaroons are mag-ni-fi-cent. Best I've had outside of Paris. (Even in Paris they'd be excellent)

Don't let it scare you that it's at the Oriental Hotel; while not cheap, prices are very reasonable. (Also for bread and so on, which doesn't really cost more than Rim Ping.)

http://www.mandarino.../oriental_shop/

https://www.facebook...281253278570892

https://foursquare.c...9fde21ea7d00976

din5_pop.jpg

BV2FE2NZJGSQGPY3ZZUJMUFMDTLXC3JJSJ5321WUXXXQ5T0N.jpg

They have some 'controversial' flavors too; when you ask them to just do a combination of flavors, they'll ask "Are you sure you want the olive flavored ones too?" wink.png (Which in my case is a resounding YES; it's a bit of an acquired taste that one, but for some weird reason it works. ) Most other flavours are more traditional.

By the way, for residents of Chiang Mai (that's anyone who asks) they usually have a monthly promotion offer, typically coffee (any style, cappuccino, etc.) plus some kind of cake for under 100 baht. That makes it a very good deal, and competitive with most in-town coffee shops. If you don't ask for the promotion then the regular coffee list prices are not really Chiang Mai-appropriate.

Also after a certain time (6 or 7pm?) they have discounts on their cakes.

Oh these are the macaroons! I must admit I'm more familiar with the coconut ones. I must admit those macaroons and all the colours they came in were enough to scare me out of that cake shop for life.

• Like 1