Work Permit For Ebay

No WP is really needed if you are just logging into some websites or contacting customers by e-mail. But if you are doing the actual physical delivery you might want to consider it a WP. I've read stories of farang getting busted. I'm assuming somebody in the delivery store(DHL?) snitched on them.

• 4 weeks later...

I am also thinking of selling on ebay in Thailand and to stay there for a long period of time, it appears the the only option is a one year business visa, with the hope of extending that when the year expires.

From what I have read about this type of visa they require an invitation letter from a thai company which I obviously don't have.

Does anyone know if being an ebay trader makes me eligible for a business visa? Any help is much appreciated thankyou

• 9 months later...

The cost of shipping goods back and forth from Thailand to the states is very expensive... often more than the cost of the item shipped.. I have run the numbers on this and it is just not cost effective to ship. I have had friends use Thai Post to ship boxes to me in the USA and I have sent boxes back via USPS then obviously later processed by Thai Post .. nothing lost and the shipping time was reasonable ... But expensive per Pound / Kilo.

OMG please ! There are always people that weigh in with the WP line when its not needed. The chances of being caught in your own home, on an Ebay page, actually doing what they may define as work, by police is so remote its not even worth thinking of. You might aswell worry about being struck by lightning 3 times in a night. In fact you would have to be a complete fool to get caught even if someone did tell the police about you which is unlikely as you are in your own home.

Its simple, you do the internet work in your home, you send the girlfriend to the post office to do the packets, send the money from your Paypal to your bank. A transfer from Paypal could be anything. Job done.

I think there comes a point where some advice is just plain not helpful and advice on these forums should really be a bit more down to earth and realistic as opposed to just quoting the rules all the time.

qazwsx38. I suppose yes the correct answer is technically yes you would need a permit to do Ebay but there is a 99.99999999999999999999% chance you would never be get caught unless you are a complete fool.

Just get on there and sell. Good luck with the business.

You seem to be contradicting yourself a little....your saying people are weighing in that a WP is needed, buts its not ,then you are saying the technically answer is you do need one....rolleyes.gif

If all legitmate and above board and not needed, why would you suggest sending the GF down to the PO to send the packets then ?

The technical fact is....you are working, you do need a WP and if you are sending stuff from Thailand as part of the "Business" you are infact operating an export business..

legalities aside...would you get caught ? highly unlikely as long as you dont do something stupid as you have indicated.