Is Patpong Becoming Dangerous ?

Butterfly

I love Patpong, however over the last few years I have noticed a change of "clientele" and attitude of "farangs" visiting Thailand.

In the past few weeks, I have personally witnessed a number of "disturbing" incidents that makes me thing that PatPong has become a new "kind" of place.

Those incidents always involve a usually drunk farang (but not always) looking for a fight or fighting with Thais, other farangs, some bargirls or even Katoye *the fools*

There were a few incidents between Thais but I guess we can discount them as the usual things, even though there are more often now and being done in public amongst the tourist crowd.

What's going on ? Has the "tourist" crowd changed bringing in Thailand a new kind of wreckless "tourist" ? or am I becoming too conservative as I get older ? probably a little bit of both.

The crowd in Patpong is very different from Nana and CowBoy. In Nana and CowBoy you have the usual crowd of old farts or expats hanging around and enjoying the place. However, in Patpong, you have a younger crowd of "playas", aggressive, looking to be drunk and make the most of it in the craziest way.

The "Bling Bling" crowd is the most annoying. Not the Black one, which I find amusing and kind of cool, and more "disciplined" than the White trash flavor.

But the "Hip Hop" crowd seems to look for "extreme" partying and are bringing with them a lot of noises and incidents.

It is reassuring to tell your parents what you are doing

Not when i was growing up :o

Patpongs always been a sh1thole, one of the worst parts of Bangkok which makes it one of the worst places in Thailand in my book. Perhaps you just notice it more now?

I gotta admit, I hardly ever go there, a few times in as many years and certainly not recently so couldn't say.

I've stayed away from Patpong for years, one of the few places in LOS which puts me in the mood for a fight after being harrassed no end by touts and street sellers... :o

or am I becoming too conservative as I get older ?
Neither conservative, nor old, Butterfly! :D

Patpongs always been a sh1thole, one of the worst parts of Bangkok which makes it one of the worst places in Thailand in my book.  Perhaps you just notice it more now?

This is also possible. Staying here long time might be giving me a more critical perception of the night scene :o

I like shopping there though but I guess I will start staying away from that place from now on. There is always the Night Bazzar on Lumpini :D

Edited by Butterfly

..and the 'scene' around Lumpini, I guess. :D

I am disappointed in you! :D

Better ask Porkie to show you some decent bars in Chiang Mai. :o

:D

When I said shopping I meant buying DVD, fake crap, local craft etc... not the other kind "shopping" :D

And yes I wouldn't touch the girls at Lumpini, definitely not my type. Probably Porkie type, that is cheap and desperate

I am not that kind of pervert :D

Edited by Butterfly

..and the 'scene' around Lumpini, I guess. :D

I am disappointed in you! :D

Better ask Porkie to show you some decent bars in Chiang Mai. :o

:D

When I said shopping I meant buying DVD, fake crap, local craft etc... not the other kind "shopping" :D

And yes I wouldn't touch the girls at Lumpini, definitely not my type. Probably Porkie type, that is cheap and desperate

I am not that kind of pervert :D

Butterfy stop telling porkies you and GP are best mates. :D

I view Patpong as nothing more than a right of passage, hit it once on your first time in, then use it as a benchmark of the best and worst, (mostly the later).

Have to admit though, the best and most outrageous bar shows are there. The shi ... I've seen there in the old days. :o:D

I view Patpong as nothing more than a right of passage, hit it once on your first time in, then use it as a benchmark of the best and worst, (mostly the later).

Have to admit though, the best and most outrageous bar shows are there. The shi ... I've seen there in the old days.  :o  :D

I have visited BKK no fewer than 100 times...since 1972. I have never lived in Thailand as a resident. I have been to most of the entertainment areas in and around BKK.

I am writing in defence of Patpong. Patpong 2 has a few "pleasant" watering holes, namely Crown Royal, Cosmos, Executive Lounge and lastly Crystal Palace. I never step over to Patpong 1 for two reasons...most of the joints are "A-Go-Go" places (clip joints), and the chaotic night market (think fire hazard).

Patpong has anything and everything in the way of entertainment. Pick and choose whatever that fancies you and enjoy it. Let the others do whatever that get their spirits flowing. To each his own. Chokdee!

Patpong seems to have quite a bad rep here among most of the posters. Admittedly it does attract some rather unsavoury types but there are a couple of decent places around there. I dont mind popping in there once in a while to have a nose around and have a quick drink. Got my regular DVD guy (regular movies only!) there too...

Lucifers is always good for a bit of a dance although the cheesy trance music can get a bit much sometimes! and i have heard that a coupld of new places have opened up now too and they stay open past the 1am/2am curfew.

It is sad and a little embarassing that 90% of the problems I see in person are created by drunk farangs who want attention. :o  :D

Let me guess...90% of your time is spent in farang beerbars...chai mai? :D

I've seen some nasty mob fights take place in normally very quiet country villages after the entire population is drunk on either lao khao or sato.

Booze is the catalyst for violent idiots to lose control worldwide. Usually insecure young guys trying hard to prove they're men to the rest of the world.

Unfortunatly it does happens here by farangs, damaging our reputation with the locals. Not that we're held in the highest esteem by most Thai's anyhow, but it would be nice if these young stallions on vacation could keep their cool around town for those of us trying to live here.

Testastarone completly floods the mind in places like this if your not accustomed to it, just add a quart of Sang Som and you've got the recipe for a real he-man-hooligan type to perform his tuff-guy act on some unfortunate person.

Perhaps a few nights in a Klong Toey jail cell could make them see the error of their ways. But for that to happen a policeman not on the take would have to make the arrest, and that ain't likely to happen around here anytime soon.

The girls working at the Suan lum night bazaar Beer garden are hot. Nice place to have some booze, but are these Women really available?

Yeah, by available I mean you have to have a chat and joke with them, try for the phone number etc. the normal way. :D

No bar fine or anything dude. :D

What Im saying is that they are pretty ready to give out their number. Course I'm young and handsome and have the cutting wit of Blackadder. :o

The girls working at the Suan lum night bazaar Beer garden are hot. Nice place to have some booze, but are these Women really available?

Of course some are available - but not like Patpong ones.

Not just whores are available in Thailand!

Of course, I didn't mean just whores are available here.

What I thought could be barring me to talk to them is that they might either have a bf, or trouble with their boss.

And, as a young man, I would definately not mind getting to know some of them. Btw, going there tonite.

:o

Yeah, by available I mean you have to have a chat and joke with them, try for the phone number etc. the normal way. :D

No bar fine or anything dude. :D

What Im saying is that they are pretty ready to give out their number. Course I'm young and handsome and have the cutting wit of Blackadder. :o

I know, I've been a couple of times there with some Thai friends and they do flirt with them.

But unfortunately, I don't speak Thai that good, which is why I'm screwed. :D