Pad Seeu

bangkokStranger

Hello,

Im wondering if someone can give me a recipe or at least tell me where i can find the recipe for pad Seeu, im not too sure of the spelling but the translation is pretty close. Ive tried searching the forum but i cant find anything probably because the spelling is wrong.

Im looking for the dish that is made with pork or chicken and not shrimp (think thats called Pad Thai??), usually has carrots, some green leaf type vegetables, some green stalk type vegetable and obviously fried noodles also what are those vegetables that look like mini sweetcorn, what are they called because i dont like them and i dont want to add them although very few restaurants serve these with it. I would prefer the ingredients thai style rather than how someone has adopted it to suit their taste and also if it is possible to have the reciepe exactly how it is served in a restaurant because i never add any of the chilli, fish sauce etc that they give you seperate to the fried noodles.

Lastly if someone knows the correct spelling that would be handy too because i can do a search then aswell. Also how easy is it to get these products in Ireland.

Pad Se-eu ก๋วยเตี๋ยวผัดซีอิ๊ว

516.jpg

Flat rice noodles stir-fried in a tasty sauce with egg, broccoli and your choice of chicken or beef

is it what you mean? :o

pad/phad = stir fried

se-eu =soy sauce (this case = sweat black (thick) soy sauce)

Edited by BambinA

The Marinade ...

>> 1 clove garlic

>> 1 egg beaten

>> 1 T corn starch

>> 1 T wine

>> 1 T fish sauce

>> 1 T oyster sauce

>> 1 T sugar

>> 1 t sesame oil

>> 1/2 t white pepper

>>

>> Other Ingredients ...

>> 8 oz chicken or beef sliced thin

>> 8 oz rice noodles

>> 2 T oil

>> 1 T fish sauce

>> 1 T oyster sauce

>> 1 T sugar

>> 1 T sweet soy sauce

>> 1 cup broccoli flowerets

>> 1/4 cup shredded carrots

>>

>> MIx all the ingredients for the marinade and combine with the meat of

>> your choice. Marinate for 15 minutes or more. Cook the noodles until

>> tender. Add the oil to a skillet or wok and stir fry the meat until

>> done. Add the noodles and all the remaining ingredients. Continue to

>> cook until the 'sauce' reduces somewhat.

Does anyone know if chinese brocolli is widely available in Ireland or not??

maybe you'd try to check at asian grocery (but if you can't find it, i think its no prob ..you can use other veggies instead ...phad see-ew with multi-veggies is jummy for me :D ....gosh im drooling) :o

Don't forget to add chilis!!! :D

:D:D

seem somebody need to be spanked

@ bangkokStranger you know? you Phad See-Ew .. when you add chilly and kra-prao leaves (holy basil)

you will get a new dish called "Kuay Tiew Phad Khee Mao" == Fried rice noodles with holy basil leaves with veggies and meat

Kuay Tiew = flat rice noodles

Khee Mao = Pisshead

:o

Rice Noodle Stir-Fried with Fresh Chilies and Basil

(Pad Khee Mao Noodle)

2 Teaspoons Fresh Thai chilies, coarsely chopped

1 Teaspoons Garlic, coarsely chopped

1 Teaspoons Sugar

¼Teaspoon Salt

3 Tablespoon Fish sauce

1 Teaspoon Dark soy sauce

¼ Pound Chicken, sliced

½ Pound Soft, fresh rice noodle sheet cut lengthwise into 1 inch strips

OR

3 Cups large sized dried rice noodle boiled until tender and drained

¾ Cup Fresh basil leaves

5 Cherry tomatoes, quartered lengthwise

3 Tablespoon Vegetable oil

Freshly ground black pepper to taste

Heat a wok or large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 Tablespoon of the oil and swirl to coat the surface. When the oil is very hot, drop chopped garlic into the pan and toss until golden, about 30 seconds. Add the chilies and toss for a further 30 seconds.

Add the chicken and stir-fry, using a spatula to break up and brown the meat, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the sugar mixture and toss rapidly to mix. Add the fish sauce mixture and continue to stir-fry as the sauce bubbles and thickens slightly, about 1 minute.

Add the rice noodles and turn them over gently and repeatedly as they soften and absorb the sauce, about 1 minute. Add more oil if needed. Add most of the basil, reserving a few leaves for garnish, and continue turning gently until it begins to wilt. Add the tomatoes, turn once, and remove from the heat. Transfer the noodles to a serving platter and garnish with the remaining basil. Serve at once.

Serves 2 to 4.

= = = = = = = =

this recipe, i just want to give u an idea.. when i read it..sound funny

u can used Phad See-Ew 's recipe that i posted just add some holy basil +chilli (remeber one thing noodle phad khee mao always use multi veggies)

Edited by BambinA

Does anyone know if chinese brocolli is widely available in Ireland or not??

Depends on where you are in Ireland. In Dublin you can get everything you want, I'm not sure about out in the country.

However, Bambina's point about trying other veg is a good one. Experiment with the ingredients and have fun, you'll develop your very own version. I don't cook any Thai dishes exactly as the Thais do - but it's still Thai cooking!

• 2 months later...

Dear Irish Thai Food lover

I hope all your thai food cooking dreams have now come true!

Pad Se Yu is a great Bangkok favourite of mine - I think the recipe is personal - it needs big fat rice noodles, dark sweet soy, hot wok, veg, garlic, chili ... off you go!!

Bunnycoat (an Irish delicacy)

When I was growing up 'Bunny' was certainly a delicasy. We ate rabbit a couple of times a week in all sorts of recipes.

I wonder if it would work in a Thai curry?

hi suegha,

Hope you're well?

Only had rabbit once or twice before so am no expert. If I remember correctly, due to some of the meat ( especially the leg meat) having a sinewy texture, Rabbit is best cooked slowly & gently for maximum tenderness.

Most thai curries are rather quick affairs - kaeng kiow wahn & kaeng see daeng take just minutes to prepare. Therefore, unless you select a thai curry that is prepared by a slow cooking method, you might need to pre-cook your rabbit meat before adding it to your curry.

Perhaps Bambina or other contributors might be kind enough to suggest some thai curries that are slow cooked?

Edited by Jaffy

When I was growing up 'Bunny' was certainly a delicasy. We ate rabbit a couple of times a week in all sorts of recipes.

I wonder if it would work in a Thai curry?

hi suegha,

Hope you're well?

Only had rabbit once or twice before so am no expert. If I remember correctly, due to some of the meat ( especially the leg meat) having a sinewy texture, Rabbit is best cooked slowly & gently for maximum tenderness.

Most thai curries are rather quick affairs - kaeng kiow wahn & kaeng see daeng take just minutes to prepare. Therefore, unless you select a thai curry that is prepared by a slow cooking method, you might need to pre-cook your rabbit meat before adding it to your curry.

Perhaps Bambina or other contributors might be kind enough to suggest some thai curries that are slow cooked?

Yo Jaffy, I'm well, hope you are too.

Good call about Bambi, that girl knows everything!!!

However, as an expert in rabbit, I can tell you that 'young rabbit' that's a rabbit in its first season, would cook really well! We used to quickly fry it in a pan. You're right though, older rabbit was for long cooked stew and was also delicious!

it's many years since I've had it, my father and I used to hund them in the Irish hills every Sunday. As a kid I used to eat rabbit maybe 2-3 times a week. Oh, the good old days before life was complicated!

Another idea I had, if you couldn't establish the age of your rabbit, would be to marinate it for a day or so before cooking - I'm liking the sound of rabbit curry!

David Thompson provides a recipe for geng oom gradtai sap (minced rabbit curry) in his book "Thai Food". To quote

"This curry comes from the north of Thailand, and uses the rudimentary boiling method typical of curries from this region... simmered with almost any green or leafy vegetable - preferably ones that are slightly bitter or at least have a decided flavour (oom is a northern Thai word for green leaf)."

about Bunny Curry

yes you can do it ..as

-musmun curry

-pa nang curry

-wild curry ( Gaeng Pah)

-green curry

-phad phed ( stir fried bunny with curry

and other curry as you wish ...

for me, i dont eat rabbit .. i have an bad experience about rabbit when i studied anatomy :o ... notthing about its cute.. but i wont tell much in deep info ..lol

about Bunny Curry

yes you can do it ..as

-musmun curry

-pa nang curry

-wild curry ( Gaeng Pah)

-green curry

-phad phed ( stir fried bunny with curry

and other curry as you wish ...

for me, i dont eat rabbit .. i have an bad experience about rabbit when i studied anatomy :o ... notthing about its cute.. but i wont tell much in deep info ..lol

Actually, this is one story I would like to hear!!!

Go on Bambi - spill the beans!

if you say so .. :o

(dont blame me then)

when i was a vet student .. Biology Class ,Sub Compare Anatomy

so we have to study about rabbit .. the guy have put 50-100 bunnies to sleep and put in in fomalin tub

but bunny is an animal who has load of fat .. when fat tissue expose O2 , it will get a smelly ..emm smelly like something i can't explain ..sort of rancid

Plus the oil from fat tissue is floating and covered formalin solution ..slippery feeling

i dont like it :D

well...when people talk about Bunny Meat ..so it makes me recognise about that story

(dont blame me then)

so we have to study about rabbit .. the guy have put 50-100 bunnies to sleep and put in in fomalin tub

but bunny is an animal who has load of fat .. when fat tissue expose O2 , it will get a smelly ..emm smelly like something i can't explain ..sort of rancid

Plus the oil from fat tissue is floating and covered formalin solution ..slippery feeling

well...when people talk about Bunny Meat ..so it makes me recognise about that story

Thanks bambina...

I now understand why some things are just best left to the imagination!

I would be interested to know, from knowing what yopu know from your extensive vetinary training, are there any commonly eaten animals that you would not eat ?

I love prawns, especially freshly prepared eating kung pau on thailands beautiful beaches but I do so in moderation because I heard that prawns contain high levels of cholestrol. I have now read that this is an urban myth! What do you reckon?

(dont blame me then)

It sounds bad, but not that bad! I think the word for it is 'putrid'. Most unpleasant...