A Few Questions From A Thai Girl To English Men, Or Any Nationality Really...

Japhy

Wake up and smell the coffee.

I've got no idea what that means. Please could you explain it?

Thanks!

SC

What I meant was: What does the expression "Wake up and smell the coffee" mean? I don't think its specific to whether the OP is a Thai girl or not, because I have seen it used elsewhere as well...

SC

It is akin to "<deleted> open your eyes and get a <deleted> grip !"

From urban dictionaries:-

When someone doesn't realise what is really happening or is not paying enough attention to events around them, you can tell them to wake up and smell the coffee.

wake up and smell the coffee

verb

a command/invitation to accept reality.

Said when telling another to "face reality". Said when pointing out facts to someone who is unable to see them on their own.

used to tell someone that they are wrong about a particular situation and that they must realize what is really happening

Would it apply to somebody who posts an explanation that has already appeared 5 posts above?

That's what happens when you start at the beginning...

It's hard to remember to start at the end and work backwards - that's not how we normally proceed; except with the newspapers...

On another forum I sometimes frequent, the responses get nested in the first post, rather than vice versa... though if I recall correctly, that might be only for the one-liner comments...

SC

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, since the majority of replies have not been in answer to the OP's question, I am going to assume we cant offer help in this instance.

OP - all the best.

and if anyone feels they have some legit advice, send me a PM and I will see if the thread can be re-opened.

by the way legit - does not include offers to take the OP to bed. this is not a site to solicit such things. some posts have been edited