Calf Weaning

andycrosby

yes mate ill be at wormfarmers, it is not to far for me to his place ill be off line chaps from tomorrow night for a few days as i have to go to pattaya for the livestock show and to pick my car up after the new engine has now been fitted

slapout you are right very good for small calves from the hereford and you can not help about thinking of the one on colmans mustard ad a few hundred years ago but if I can not find it and i have a year i will go down the black angus way as there is nothing better for marbled beef so I will not be to upset

yes mate ill be at wormfarmers, it is not to far for me to his place ill be off line chaps from tomorrow night for a few days as i have to go to pattaya for the livestock show and to pick my car up after the new engine has now been fitted

slapout you are right very good for small calves from the hereford and you can not help about thinking of the one on colmans mustard ad a few hundred years ago but if I can not find it and i have a year i will go down the black angus way as there is nothing better for marbled beef so I will not be to upset

Andy

Before the year is up I'll be back over. I'll bring you a few straws from this

post-64535-0-85831700-1332852475_thumb.j

Bob

They are nice and big and i see your mind is 99% made up but i would like to know a little more

1) what was the calf rateing/ size Bob ?

also any ideas on temperment with something that big it wants to be very good.

I am a big lad and ive been round some pissed off bulls but that could take a truck to slow it down.

Did you talk to the staff about using a hol/fre as a mother for both AI and embryo transplantation?

something new like this sometimes takes a few years to sort the problems out but its a great animal one last thing did you ask about heat ? thailand and north yorkshire are not quite the same if these questions were answered in a plus way then I belive you are on a winner Bob

one problem for the thai farmer is going to be the size of its ears

but ye go for it bob ill give you all the suport i can to market it once your up and running

They are nice and big and i see your mind is 99% made up but i would like to know a little more

1) what was the calf rateing/ size Bob ?

also any ideas on temperment with something that big it wants to be very good.

I am a big lad and ive been round some pissed off bulls but that could take a truck to slow it down.

Did you talk to the staff about using a hol/fre as a mother for both AI and embryo transplantation?

something new like this sometimes takes a few years to sort the problems out but its a great animal one last thing did you ask about heat ? thailand and north yorkshire are not quite the same if these questions were answered in a plus way then I belive you are on a winner Bob

one problem for the thai farmer is going to be the size of its ears

but ye go for it bob ill give you all the suport i can to market it once your up and running

They are big but compact, a bit like Mike Tyson but as calm as Val Doonican. The average calf weight is 34/35k. They average 99% live births.The bull in the first pic is only just 2 years old

This one is 7

post-64535-0-96493200-1332860135_thumb.j

The stockman says they are really easy to handle. Very docile.

Bob

PS Heat ----- You'll just have to keep them warm at night.

They are reared allover the US with huge variations in climate. Don't forget the will be born in TH so will know no other climate. The Holstiens manage OK.

Edited by grimleybob

I have just come back from Pattaya livestock show , It was not as good as other years lots of beef thai cows the Angus would never have made a show in the UK and most of the cattle were no where near good enough to be in a ring and they wanted 100,000 for a small one year old female just a joke. The Farang Judge was from the USA and did a nice 10 minute talk. Would I go again NO ,

Andy

Before the year is up I'll be back over. I'll bring you a few straws from this

post-64535-0-85831700-1332852475_thumb.j

Bob

Hope your next smuggling effort is better than the last

smuggling ? Bob there was a lot of flasks at the show but everything was expensive, but there was one company here that were doing embryo transplants no they had no cards smart people..and no one spoke english and I was chasing a 40kg prime cut so I got side tracked back at my hotel....

smuggling ? Bob there was a lot of flasks at the show but everything was expensive, but there was one company here that were doing embryo transplants no they had no cards smart people..and no one spoke english and I was chasing a 40kg prime cut so I got side tracked back at my hotel....

Obviously tender loin? Bob had certain items in his suitcase removed, sausage skins I believe? Whatever, had something to do with spice...

Edited by IsaanAussie

Obviously tender loin? Bob had certain items in his suitcase removed, sausage skins I believe? Whatever, had something to do with spice...

That's correct. About 10m of sausage skins and a kilo of pork pie spices. I hope they discovered what the powder really was after they'd stuffed it up their nose. It would have been a sight to see.

I wasn't stopped it just disappeared en route