Why Most Thai Ladies Love Foreign Man?

veryruay

Sorry guys, just had to take a skype call, pretty funny spell error, could'nt edit by the time I got off the phone. Anyways. Should'nt generalise everyone is different, The girls who want something different~ maybe better in a man will be open to a relationship with a Farang,

Quite often Farang make something as emotive as love quite mechanical sometimes, maybe because they introduce money into the equation, at the end of the day we are people, human beings who at some point succumb to human intincts.

I have been married 9 years so far and cant really complain.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One post deleted. Please read the forum rules:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

8) Not to post extremely negative views of Thailand or derogatory comments directed towards all Thais.

Comments on moderation also removed.

For those complaining about topics reappearing, we have thousands of new members and readers every month who haven't read this stuff before who are just as deserving of an answer as you were the first time. Nobody forces you to read these topics, so for the last time, stop whining about it.

• Like 2

Sorry, OP, but this sounds like the sort of line that Thais working on the tourist nightlife zone feed their foreign tourist targets when they still manage to retain an IQ point or two and are asking, but WHY would you 20yo's want to be with me, a much older foreigner, when there are so many attractive Thais around?

Cue the pidgin English of the tourist sex worker: 'Oh, Thai no good, Thai butterfly, have many girlfriend/boyfriend, drink too much, beat me', etc., etc.

MOST Thais have- and/or want- other Thais as romantic partners.

There are exceptions, who truly do want to be with foreigners more, but they are a tiny minority on the tourist scene (and most are no longer 20yo).

• Like 2

You have to be a few dots short of a dice to think that most Thai ladies prefer foreign men when for what I have had the misfortune to see are alcoholic, projectile vomiting, illiterate, foul mouthed, pot bellied losers manifesting in cities and towns from the north to the south of Thailand.

I disagree with some posters suggesting that a good thai girl would not be seen dead with a westerner, rubbish.. I don't think most thai women want to be with forieign men, OP is a wind up. But I have so many friends with middle class girls living in OZ with just middle class blokes with families. One mate has a wife of a wealthy family who owns a rubber tree plantions in the south, land as well, very rich. They offered to help him with buying a house in Oz. I could never be so lucky ...!! This family could be the exception to the rule maybe.. But!! how long they all last is another thing. I certainly would never marry a Thai girl again and I am sure my wife would never marry a westerner again as well.

I should hope not. Otherwise you would both be bigamists, or should the last line to you post read "ex-wife". smile.png

Haha, Well picked up Garry. My wife and I are pretty calm and don't fight much but the frustration of our mixed marrage / cultral differences are eating away at us and when we talk about this we have both stated 'never again' to each other. I am sure we have a used by date....

Sorry, OP, but this sounds like the sort of line that Thais working on the tourist nightlife zone feed their foreign tourist targets when they still manage to retain an IQ point or two and are asking, but WHY would you 20yo's want to be with me, a much older foreigner, when there are so many attractive Thais around?

Cue the pidgin English of the tourist sex worker: 'Oh, Thai no good, Thai butterfly, have many girlfriend/boyfriend, drink too much, beat me', etc., etc.

MOST Thais have- and/or want- other Thais as romantic partners.

There are exceptions, who truly do want to be with foreigners more, but they are a tiny minority on the tourist scene (and most are no longer 20yo).

Pretty spot on.

Don't guess, and I need not to pretend , why must I ? I am not Thai!!!!

I used to lived in Thailand and forums and for people to discuss.

Wind up? No, not exactly, I ask what I doubt, and I post what I encountered!

Veryruay, this is sort of an odd thread for you to start, recalling your posting history. You're Thai, are you not? I tend to think this is a wind-up thread, but many of the replies so far have been very level-headed and rational. Most of us who's been here awhile and spent considerable time outside of the bar scene understand full well what is going on. There is a small demographic of Thai women who go after farangs and we understand why (read money). We know that "normal" Thai women looking for normal love are not going to pursue a relationship with someone they can barely communicate with.

So if 90%+ of the Thai women in Thailand are with Thai men, how can you say that "most" Thai ladies love foreign man? Or are you being sarcastic? I tend to believe the latter. Anyways, stand-by for heavy weather.

Your English is a little hard to follow, but I think I get you. So if I can ask again, since over 90% of the Thai women in Thailand are with Thai men, why would you say that "most" Thai ladies love foreign man?

Pardon my English beacause it's my 3rd language I suppose. Or must I put it this way, Why I know so many Thai ladies that wanted to marry Foreigner?

I apologize if you do not agree on what I post but again I will wanna say, I post what I doubt, and this is a forum, it's open to talk.

In my experience, it's because they believe that foreign men will be faithful. A lot of those Thai women are looking for foreigners because they believe Thai men to be cheaters. That's not coming from me, but from the mouth of the Thai women I've spoken to.

I would try to discourage my daughters from marrying a man other than an Australian, it's not that were just all top blokes but Asian men got thier reputations for a reason, there are other races with negative traits that I would prefer my daughters not to be involved with. If my daughters did marry Aussies at the worst they can just drag em through Aussie courts, leave em with a shirt for thier back. Seems to work easily for women here.

In my experience, it's because they believe that foreign men will be faithful. A lot of those Thai women are looking for foreigners because they believe Thai men to be cheaters. That's not coming from me, but from the mouth of the Thai women I've spoken to.

Yes, Mr. Warhammer, we've all heard this. The question is whether this is true. The Stickman addressed this issue awhile back as the number one myth (http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/StickmanBangkokWeeklyColumn2011/Thai-women-myths.htm).

I wonder if it has anything to do with the way some farangs dress while here, that puts most Thai ladies off.

Also any Lady going out with a Farang is automatically thought of as being on the game by other Thai's. Something to be avoided in certain circles maybe!

Edited by garrfeild

what is all this talk about thai female looking for or prefering a farang for a male partner? what about all those thai women who have never even thought about it whom are walking around? you know there are no rules against perhaps approaching a thai woman outside of a dating website or farang venue. you guys know that is allowed, right?

lol

Edited by farang000999
  • Like 1

Another possibility is that most women really do not think about it that much.

My wife never considered dating a Westerner, but, she never considered not dating a Westerner, the thought didn't really crop up.

She certainly never imagined she'd end up married to one. We were introduced by friends, I am the first Westerner she dated.

I suspect the same thoughts are true of my Western friends with Thai Wives and girlfriends. They had no preference, but were also educated, intelligent and open minded enough not to have an aversion to Westerners.

(This is perhaps primarily the case for the financially independent ladies).

In fact, I quite agree on this saying. Some will think this way. And when I see old falang on the street with young girls, the image is very clear, they work at night!!!!

Most Thai females prefer Thai males, even the women of ill repute. You will find most Thai prostitutes strictly reserve themselves for Thai men and the majority of highso middle to upper class Thai ladies wouldn’t be seen dead with a farang.

Many Thai women consider being seen with a farang male as an embarrassment and of appearing low status if they date farangs and that applies to the sideliner girls, this is why most of the freelancer Thai girls only advertise on Thai language websites and forums.

Do an online research and you will see for yourselves that the Thai ladies who date, go short time or marry farangs are only a tiny minority of the Thai female population.

In fact, I quite agree on this saying. Some will think this way. And when I see old falang on the street with young girls, the image is very clear, they work at night!!!!

Most Thai females prefer Thai males, even the women of ill repute. You will find most Thai prostitutes strictly reserve themselves for Thai men and the majority of highso middle to upper class Thai ladies wouldn’t be seen dead with a farang.

Many Thai women consider being seen with a farang male as an embarrassment and of appearing low status if they date farangs and that applies to the sideliner girls, this is why most of the freelancer Thai girls only advertise on Thai language websites and forums.

Do an online research and you will see for yourselves that the Thai ladies who date, go short time or marry farangs are only a tiny minority of the Thai female population.

veryruay, are you only looking or responding to 'one type' of answer ?... you appear only to 'accept' the comments which perpetuate a certain myth...

Don't guess, and I need not to pretend , why must I ? I am not Thai!!!!

I used to lived in Thailand and forums and for people to discuss.

Wind up? No, not exactly, I ask what I doubt, and I post what I encountered!

Veryruay, this is sort of an odd thread for you to start, recalling your posting history. You're Thai, are you not? I tend to think this is a wind-up thread, but many of the replies so far have been very level-headed and rational. Most of us who's been here awhile and spent considerable time outside of the bar scene understand full well what is going on. There is a small demographic of Thai women who go after farangs and we understand why (read money). We know that "normal" Thai women looking for normal love are not going to pursue a relationship with someone they can barely communicate with.

So if 90%+ of the Thai women in Thailand are with Thai men, how can you say that "most" Thai ladies love foreign man? Or are you being sarcastic? I tend to believe the latter. Anyways, stand-by for heavy weather.

Your English is a little hard to follow, but I think I get you. So if I can ask again, since over 90% of the Thai women in Thailand are with Thai men, why would you say that "most" Thai ladies love foreign man?

Pardon my English beacause it's my 3rd language I suppose. Or must I put it this way, Why I know so many Thai ladies that wanted to marry Foreigner?

I apologize if you do not agree on what I post but again I will wanna say, I post what I doubt, and this is a forum, it's open to talk.

or " Why do I know so many Thai ladies that wanted to marry Foreigner ? "

That would have been better yes !, I would say you should really travel much more and all around Thailand.rolleyes.gif

Edited by Kwasaki

In general, Thai women prefer Thai men, but there are exceptions and there is also the fact that most Thai men do not want them if they have children or are a little long in the tooth.

Or they have dark skin. As my wife pointed out to me many years ago.

Most Thai women donot love foreigners. They love what the foreigner has to offer them. The best most foreigners can do with a good Thai woman is become their friend,because a good Thai woman usually isnot interested in marrying a foreigner. I know many Thai-chinese young women who are in their 20's single and not the least bit interested in gettting married to a foreigner or a Thai for that matter. I also meet women everyday from poor families that just about throw themselves at me to get the benefits of a foreigner boyfriend.

Look around and you will find many women have had 1 or 2 foreigner boyfriends already. They speak good english, dress well, have cars, maybe a house and have travelled abroad. They are in their late 20s or early 30s.They got their cars houses , travel etc from past boyfriends. They took what they could and moved on.Does anyone really believe they loved their past boyfriends? They took the money and ran. But they will tell you they loved you well they check you out to see whats in it for them.

I feel they should get something but give only what you can afford to lose. Because there is a very good chance they really donot give a dam_n about you. Words are cheap and lies are common tools.

Have to agree with most of this.

I second that.

HMmmm sounds like all three of you have had bad experiences.

Except they don't. Being Asian themselves, they know what it is all about...

There are 1,000s of Japanese that come here for holidays - we all see them all the time. How many do you know that are living here, married to the locals?

I know several.

They usually buy the girl a house in a mooban, leave her there, send cash, then treat it as a holiday home with built in entertainment system. Japanese men are much sought after as sponsors.

They can't marry the girls as they also keep a wife and family in Japan.

Same game, different rules.

Edited by ludditeman

Yes, Mr. Warhammer, we've all heard this. The question is whether this is true. The Stickman addressed this issue awhile back as the number one myth (http://www.stickmanb...women-myths.htm).

So do you believe thai men dont cheat on their wifes/gf's? and you are saying the women wouldnt get pissed off with this and look for something else?

I dont give a <deleted> what stickman says,i know what i have been hearing and seeing in the last 6 years,i personally know a very attractive thai lady who has been cheated on for years by her husband and last year turned to the internet because she believes falang to be better men and i know this because she wanted me to translate the messages a guy was sending.

We have all seen the thai married men young and old in the restaurants with the young girls that work there,i eat in a very nice THAI restaurant,where the middle class guys go alone or with friends.The amount of young girls in there to greet these guys is unbelievable so you cant tell me that all their wives will tolerate this and if a western man who can speak some thai shows some interest she wouldnt go for it.

Im no oil painting but i get looks all the time from middle class women,i personally feel that if you are a average looking guy,who can speak ok thai and dresses well you could get any girl(around the same age).

I dont know where stickman gets his observations from,maybe he's past it now! if i were you i'd start making my own observations and dont idolize the so called experts too much.

• Like 2

I agree with Fred.

Stickman merely perpetuates as much BS as he tries to dispel.

The fact that it appears on the internet makes some people think it must be 100% right.

The number of times I've heard people say "well Stickman says..." when trying to support some ridiculous Thai-related argument is distressing.

Edited by HeavyDrinker
  • Like 1

I agree with Fred.

Stickman merely perpetuates as much BS as he tries to dispel.

The fact that it appears on the internet makes some people think it must be 100% right.

The number of times I've heard people say "well Stickman says..." when trying to support some ridiculous Thai-related argument is distressing.

I think if you are going to criticize the man you should at least post something he has said.