Four Seasons Sunday Lunch

mallmagician

The Sunday Brunch is very nice and is buffet style. I believe it is 1200++ per person.

The Four Seasons Mae Rim is really pushing this so expect a very nice spread.

I haven't been to the Sunday brunch in a few months but I have been to dinner several times and I have always enjoyed my meal. The prices are also *relatively* reasonable when considering it is the Four Seasons. I have also been happy with the quality and quantity of the meals I have had. The beautiful views and outdoor atmosphere might be tempered with the burnings and poor air quality though - have not been there for several weeks.

I saw an advert for Sunday lunches in a few month old copy of citylife. The price was reasonable considering it's the four seasons. I wouldn't consider going otherwise. Hehe Anyone been recently?

If you had asked me a while ago I would have been a big fan. Went 2 weeks ago and it seems they have put up the prices and dropped the quality and selection.

It is still good but you are paying 1800Bt (20% discount for Gourmet Club members) each for unlimited food & drink. Great appetisers, but main course now only a pasta station or 3 choices off a menu (lamb, fish or chicken). Puds ok. Drinks are cocktails (pretty unalcoholic) and wine (very poor Italian white or red served out of 2 litre screw top bottles, not very classy).

Get the feeling they have focused on the profit margin, hardly surprising as the hotel always seems to be virtually devoid of staying guests. Love the hotel, setting etc just disappointed by new version of Sunday brunch.

I went to 4 seasons a few months ago and thought the brunch was fine. I like the setting but maybe not so good with all the smoke at the moment. I though it was fine and when I last went it was mostly hotel guests and Thais as far as I could tell.

However the selection of food really pales in comparison to the Oriental brunch. Prefer the 4 seasons ambiance but food selection at Oriental is enormous and all good quality. 4 Seasons also good quality but not the selection. If they have put their prices up, you might want to compare with Oriental , if the latter is now cheaper or similar its a no brainer.

The 4 seasons brunch is set up differently--you order the main courses off the menu and they're made to order. But it's still all you can eat... meaning you can order more than one entree. Went recently and the food was excellent. Ditto on the grounds. Recommended.

The 4 seasons brunch is set up differently--you order the main courses off the menu and they're made to order. But it's still all you can eat... meaning you can order more than one entree. Went recently and the food was excellent. Ditto on the grounds. Recommended.

I've been to expensive buffet's, but they're not for me, after all I can only eat so much.

I've seen people eat to bursting point in order to get their value and I don't see the point.

I'll stick to The Grandview or The Empress at times, but to those that like Four Season's and Oriental et al 'bon appetit'. smile.png

We had breakfast at the Four Seasons last week, eggs benedict and french toast plus tea cost THB 1,250! The view was great, the ambience was excellent, the french toast was outstanding (stuffed with apple) the eggs benedict was mediocre (plastic ham for lack of better description). Lunch menu looked OK ish, around 350 baht per item for normal Thai dishes but add in a drink, taxes and service charge and the price for two will be around what we paid for breakfast. Good to do once in a while just for something different but not on a regular basis.

We had breakfast at the Four Seasons last week, eggs benedict and french toast plus tea cost THB 1,250! The view was great, the ambience was excellent, the french toast was outstanding (stuffed with apple) the eggs benedict was mediocre (plastic ham for lack of better description). Lunch menu looked OK ish, around 350 baht per item for normal Thai dishes but add in a drink, taxes and service charge and the price for two will be around what we paid for breakfast. Good to do once in a while just for something different but not on a regular basis.

What was worth going once in a while for, everything seemed mediocre?

The toast, ambience and view were worth 1,200 Baht?

Oddly yes, it was just a very pleasant change and something totally different from our normal routine - you'd have to be there to understand. You'd also have to understand that I'm a conessieur when it comes to eggs benedict :)

Edited by chiang mai

Oddly yes, it was just a very pleasant change and something totally different from our normal routine - you'd have to be there to understand.

I'll be there next time if you pay! laugh.png

Oddly yes, it was just a very pleasant change and something totally different from our normal routine - you'd have to be there to understand.

I'll be there next time if you pay! laugh.png

OK, I'll call you. :)

Incidentally, while there's a buffet thread going, the Holiday Inn's Sunday Brunch is sadly not the bargain it once was. Price hike from 475 to 699 baht before applying discount (if you have a card) makes it a treat we shall be enjoying less frequently. A pity.

For a fantasticaly memorable meal in Mae Rim I'd recommend The Orchard (Nicky of Guitarman's new place) . The food is absolutely EPIC, the setting is wonderful and on Sunday afternoons, past 2:30ish, great live music.

Address/directions, please?

For a fantasticaly memorable meal in Mae Rim I'd recommend The Orchard (Nicky of Guitarman's new place) . The food is absolutely EPIC, the setting is wonderful and on Sunday afternoons, past 2:30ish, great live music.

Address/directions, please?

http://bit.ly/ze5vfV

If and when I ever need instructions on how to use a search engine I will be sure to contact you, in the meantime, feel free to stand down!

Edited by chiang mai

Incidentally, while there's a buffet thread going, the Holiday Inn's Sunday Brunch is sadly not the bargain it once was. Price hike from 475 to 699 baht before applying discount (if you have a card) makes it a treat we shall be enjoying less frequently. A pity.

Agreed but still worth the value once a month