Dtac 3G

Nice to see I am not alone, woke up this morning and had 3G but also changed H and H+ ( hspa high speed packet access ) basically 3.5 G. I did 2 download tests to reconfirm this keep in mind this was at 6:50am I got a download speed of 5.5 mb.

although dtac 3G, this should not surprise you, the lady at dtac told me since last month there were testing 3g on samui and installing the equipment so that hopefully should have 3G this month

I'm going out today to eat at maenum so I"ll post results there to in terms of what I got as well. look forward to more postings on this, by the way i'm getting the same 3G, H and H+ here in bophut next to the ibis hotel

Edited by livinthailandos

Nice to see I am not alone, woke up this morning and had 3G but also changed H and H+ ( hspa high speed packet access ) basically 3.5 G. I did 2 download tests to reconfirm this keep in mind this was at 6:50am I got a download speed of 5.5 mb. although dtac 3G, this should not surprise you, the lady at dtac told me since last month there were testing 3g on samui and installing the equipment so that hopefully should have 3G this month I'm going out today to eat at maenum so I"ll post results there to in terms of what I got as well. look forward to more postings on this, by the way i'm getting the same 3G, H and H+ here in bophut next to the ibis hotel

i try not to listen when they are talking

Area near bangpo

Just came from near bangpo I was near the napasai hotel and the old closed gas station. I tried dtac internet there, no 3G only egde internet and never knew how bad it was, download speed test showed I was getting total download speed of only 96 kbps so slow I could even get my emails or even load my apps. basically just slightly faster than dial up internet. Hope people will put more posts on where has 3G and where has no 3G. look forward to more postings

i live in bang por and i don't think we'll have 3g anytime soon here. i'm in bang por now and it's back to edge. phone reception is so poor around here that many times my calls will bounce off of a tower in phangan instead of the dtac tower a couple km down the road.

2 areas to add Makro Today was at six senses hotel in choengmon both of these places had no 3G I"ll keep yall up to date on more areas with no 3G yet

i think this was probably due to the system being down or tested. i was at tesco yesterday and upon leaving started checking for 3g and there was none at tesco all the way through to makro and big c, as well as the entire ring road through bophut and mae nam where i had just had a 3g signal in the morning.

Dtact 3G at Tesco, Lamai. I'm sat in Black Canyon working on it at the moment. It's fast 6mbps down and 5mbps up. However I doubt this will last as more and more people start using the service. No doubt they will oversell it, like CAT and TOT have done with their fiber optic connections on the island...

No doubt they will oversell it, like CAT and TOT have done with their fiber optic connections on the island..

Hopefully not. Truemove 3g have a fair limit of 5gig a month on their unlimited package and hopefully dtac and others follow a similar practice, essentially killing off any bit-torrent users with more sense than money (correct way around), with these limits they won't need to deploy traffic restricting (meaning slower) hardware on their network.

Edited by matt111

My neighbour who knows about these things was showing me his tethered Galaxy with his laptop this pm and the down was 8.5kbps and the up was 3k-something.

Mae Nam Soi 1.

With instant 3G and EDGE toggling it might very well work out at 50% of my 5bb TOT line coupled with my AIS BBerry package . . .

things are looking up!

R

]

My neighbour who knows about these things was showing me his tethered Galaxy with his laptop this pm and the down was 8.5kbps and the up was 3k-something.

Mae Nam Soi 1.

With instant 3G and EDGE toggling it might very well work out at 50% of my 5bb TOT line coupled with my AIS BBerry package . . .

things are looking up!

R

Sorry - the other sort of bits ... mega thingies . . .

R