Applecare For Iphone In Thailand

watcharacters

When I was at the Apple repair center in BKK and asked about Applecare, the lady in charge there told me Applecare isnt available in Thailand. She also told me they wouldn't t repair a phone I bought in the USA. The lady even went so far as to tell me I shoudl buy a phone from Dtac, True or the other carrier (AIS?). She also recommended I buy an Iphone from a reseller without mentioning the online Applestore in Thailand.

I dealt with this lady as I was bringing in two failed power adaptors for two laps under warrenty.

The lady was only partically correct about the Applecare. I learned after quite some time on the phone with Australia Applecare that I can buy Appecare if I use a credit card that has an address outside Thailand. While the Care won't provide the hardward protection normally given, it does afford phone support for two years from date of purchase. I especially wanted the phone support. Cost 99ASU

I was told by Applecare that the reason BKK won't take in a USA phone is that there are two distinctly different iPhones: one is as Asian-Pacific phone and the other is a USA-canadian- New Zealand oriented phone. I suppose there may be others as well.

I'm disappointed I couldn't get the above information from the Apple repair center as I expect Apple to provide the same great customer service to which I've become accustomed over the years no matter which Apple facility I'm in. This lady isn't doing Apple any favors. She also gave me grief when i asked her to put the wifi password in my lap as I wanted to look at something while I was there. She asked me why I wanted wifi as if it was any of her business. I told her all the Apple stores I been in in the USA which is several have automatic Wifi available to customers. She tried to fill me BS about bandwidth and etc.

Apple replaced both power adaptors and also got the sound working again on my Air. I didn't expect the sound to be repaired under warranty as I know Apple correctly detected mositure on the Air. The service came through again.

I don’t mean to sound harsh, but it’s not a store, it’s a repair center.

She was correct in directing you to purchase a phone from one of Apple’s authorized retailers in Thailand, as they are providing a valuable service for Apple, and they deserve to have Apple recommend them.

I actually think it shameful that the apple website undersells the retailers. I would love to see Apple stores in Thailand, but until there is, Apple needs to support their existing dealer network. Try calling Apple in the US and ask a few questions in Thai.

• 2 weeks later...

She was correct in directing you to purchase a phone from one of Apple’s authorized retailers in Thailand, as they are providing a valuable service for Apple, and they deserve to have Apple recommend them.

I actually think it shameful that the apple website undersells the retailers. I would love to see Apple stores in Thailand, but until there is, Apple needs to support their existing dealer network. Try calling Apple in the US and ask a few questions in Thai.

Dear Mr. Dave Mogan, (mogandave)

I don't take offense to your reply but please allow me to correct your errors.

First and foremost, you STATE the lady did the right thing. That's your opinion and only your opinion. Please remove it from your thinking that it's a fact. Even if we drop Apple from the equation, the lady did me, the customer, no favor by directing me to the higher priced suppliers of the product I wanted. Maybe you don't subscribe to the theory that a satisfied customer is essential for the continued success of a business.

Should you care to redress this harm I did to Apple outlets in thailand by buying online, I welcome you to go to your nearest phone company or iStudio and hand them the ฿1700 I saved by both buying my 32 gig 4s and bumper on line.

Oh yes, a part of the above amount represents the amount I saved by buying a power adaptor from the Bangkok "repair center" which defies the meaning of a store. I bought the larger adaptor (90W)? so I didn't have to wait for a warranty replacement and thus having no lap available.

Lastly, if you try calling any larger company in the USA you will listen to a voice menu. You'll discover instantly there are two languages available. One is english and the other is Spanish. American companies can and will adapt to market conditions but I'm not suggesting Thai companies do so. If a significant number of customers spoke Thai, I think I can assure you an American company or companies would have Thai speaking staff readily available. It would just make business sense.

Feel free to add your thoughts if you wish. Sorry for the delay in my reply to you. And finally I also don't mean to sound "harsh".

Gosh, I really love the phone... Nice improvement over the 3gs. And now I'm legally factory unlocked. I relish the Apple support.

I can direct you to a reseller in Southern California that actually sells Apple products for the same price as Apple or even less. They have a store front and look exactly like an Applestore. Their service is outstanding.

Edited by watcharacters
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It is amusing that you think your opinion somehow proves my opinion wrong, you must be a lefty, yes?

So let me correct your errors where you are factually wrong, and address the areas where our opinions differ.

Dear Mr. Dave Mogan, (mogandave)

First and foremost factual error, you STATED my name is Dave Mogan. You STATED this as a fact, it is not. My family name is not Mogan, or anything remotely similar to Mogan. So please don’t STATE your GUESSES as FACTS.

I don't take offense to your reply but please allow me to correct your errors.

First and foremost, you STATE the lady did the right thing. That's your opinion and only your opinion. Please remove it from your thinking that it's a fact. Even if we drop Apple from the equation, the lady did me, the customer, no favor by directing me to the higher priced suppliers of the product I wanted. Maybe you don't subscribe to the theory that a satisfied customer is essential for the continued success of a business.

Your Opinion: You think the Apple employee should tell everyone to buy their Apple products online, because they can save 5 or 10% on the retail price. It is your position that with regards to customer service, the only thing of concern is that the customer gets the lowest possible price, correct? I guess you may be right, this may be how Apple became what it is today, but I think not.

My opinion: I stated the Apple employee did the right thing by directing you to one of Apple’s authorized resellers. I stand by that, and I am also reasonably certain (again, my opinion) that this is what Apple would have had her do. I believe this because Apple knows its resellers are providing a valuable service both to Apple, and to Apple’s end users. Without authorized resellers, people would have no way of actually seeing and touching the products, no way of having their questions answered, and no place to take the products for training, minor repairs and software issues. It is my position, that with regard to customer service, the primary concern is whether or not a customer is happy enough with the product and the service, that they buy the new model when it comes out, and they tell their all their friends how great it is. I think is why Apple is where it is today as a company, happy customers.

Should you care to redress this harm I did to Apple outlets in thailand by buying online, I welcome you to go to your nearest phone company or iStudio and hand them the ฿1700 I saved by both buying my 32 gig 4s and bumper on line.

Factual error: I am sorry, but you seem to be confused about what I said. I never said you or any anyone should not trade at Apple’s online stores, nor do I direct people to Apple’s authorized resellers. I only said that as an Apple representative, the women did the right thing by directing you to Apple’s authorized retailers. Please try to read more carefully and not just make things up. I know it can be difficult when your position lacks substance, but people will value what you say more if it appears you have at least attempted to comprehend what was written prior to formulating your response.

Oh yes, a part of the above amount represents the amount I saved by buying a power adaptor from the Bangkok "repair center" which defies the meaning of a store. I bought the larger adaptor (90W)? so I didn't have to wait for a warranty replacement and thus having no lap available.

Your Opinion: The Apple repair center in Bangkok IS an Apple Store. You support this by claiming that because you were able to purchase a “power adaptor” at the Apple Repair Center. It must be an Apple Store. Again, you may be right, but it sounds a little suspect to me.

My Opinion: The Apple repair center in Bangkok is NOT an Apple Store. In the first line of your original post you STATED: “When I was at the Apple repair center in BKK…” you went on to rant about the woman that worked there and how she made you beg for WiFi to play with while you were there, but you indeed referred to it as the Apple repair center, not the Apple Store.

Lastly, if you try calling any larger company in the USA you will listen to a voice menu. You'll discover instantly there are two languages available. One is english and the other is Spanish. American companies can and will adapt to market conditions but I'm not suggesting Thai companies do so. If a significant number of customers spoke Thai, I think I can assure you an American company or companies would have Thai speaking staff readily available. It would just make business sense.

Sorry for the confusion, I only mentioned Thai language tech support and customer service in as much as they help make Apple’s authorized resellers in Thailand so valuable to Apple.

Feel free to add your thoughts if you wish. Sorry for the delay in my reply to you. And finally I also don't mean to sound "harsh".

Thanks, I’ve been going to respond for some time, but I found the silly PMs you kept sending me calling me names and begging me to respond so amusing, each time I got one I just held off a little longer in hopes of another. And no worries mate, you don’t sound harsh, you sound gay. If that makes me a Homophobe (one of the things you called me in one of the PMs you sent me) so be it.

Gosh, I really love the phone... Nice improvement over the 3gs. And now I'm legally factory unlocked. I relish the Apple support.

Glad you like the phone, I like mine as well, and gosh-golly-gee I get mine free!

I can direct you to a reseller in Southern California that actually sells Apple products for the same price as Apple or even less. They have a store front and look exactly like an Applestore. Their service is outstanding.

Thanks for the tip, but I don’t make it to San Francisco or West Hollywood much, so I’m sure your reseller of choice in California would not be very convenient. Besides, when I’m in California, I usually order from B & H or J & R and have the stuff delivered my sister’s house, that way I don’t have to give your hero Jerry Brown any of my hard-earned money.