Explosions Again In Sukhumvit 71?

xen

Does anybody know anything about the explosions that happened a few minutes ago in Sukhumvit 71 just near where the incident happened on Tuesday. My gf just rang and said a bomb was planted in a motobike and exploded outside the BBQ place . My stepson is missing and sometimes goes to that area after school to play. Natually we are worried.

I am also curious what the target is around there. It is a muslim area and the kids go to a Muslim school and there does not appear to be conflict within the Thai community there. Crazy World !!!!!!

I am not certian what forum to post this in so move it to the appropiate forum please.

Just spoke to my gf again - . There were no explosions but police found a motorcycle packed with explosives near the BBQ . Garbled story with the panic of missing stepson. And my stepson has made it home much to our relief.

Please quote a source for this news otherwise it will be closed as just more rumors.

He already did. His GF is the source.

I trust it. I think she's done a great job picking up on what Reuters and the Associated Press havent yet stumbled upon

• Like 1

I suspect that what SBK means is, the report is not corroborated. That's not to say it is a rumour, but in a land where denying anything that might hurt business (or business as usual) I'd not expect the loal press to provide corroboration unless the cat is already out the bag nor would I want to be the first person to point out news that 'interested parties' are so keen to deny.

i was asking if it was true as we were panicking about the safety of somebody that we care about and apparently in that section of Sukhumvit Road it was closed off around the BBQand the police had located a motorcycle loaded with explosive according to what all the locals were sayingy I apolize if it appeared i was spreading rumour but i was asking if it was true. i did try to clarify in my second post that it was not explosions police had found explosive found packed on a motorcycle . I certainly did not intend to cause false alarm.My stepson is safe and that is what is important to us.

There is no case in which a Thai Visa poster's significant other cited as a source doesn't manage to start the most sensational rumor possible before backtracking into mundanity. Actually, coming here to clarify this is a totally reasonable thing to do, but generally ignoring the coconut telegraph when it starts humming with activity isn't the worst idea. Judging by what someone's uncle or sister or friend or aunt has said, I've lived through about 100 coups, 50 dead famous people, 2,000 bombings and God knows what all else (farang snipers, monks who can cure AIDS, etc). In a society where self-censorship is rampant and official censorship is always there to catch the stragglers, it's not surprising that informal networks are the trusted source for information; however, that doesn't make it any less annoying, especially when the person spreading the false information spreads with as much sincerity and belief as is possible and gets offended when you roll your eyes and ignore them.