Live Stream Tv From The Us?

AlexDorneles

... Reboot your router until you get 58.x (Once or twice usually) ..

Thanks for your valuable contributions. I have been using unblockUS on 3BB ISP without problems on the basic 6mbps package. However with True it doesn't work like you said. I do not understand one of your workarounds? How or what is the significance of 58.x?? My 3BB doesn't show 58.x and that works on 223.x. But my True shows a different number each reboot of the router and it currently 124.x, before that 171.x... etc. It would take forever to get 58.x by reboot like you said and not once or twice, unless I am misunderstanding?

just fyi, another outfit that deals with U.S. television for expats abroad is the following company:

https://a2btv.com/home/

Kind of a commercial Slingbox type service... and seemingly pretty expensive.

I'm not recommending them, nor have I used their service. But it's another option out there.

What is the ‘Total’ cost to me?

In the first month, you will pay an initiation fee to a2bTV. This one time fee includes all of your equipment costs, installation and the first month of a2bTV's hosting fees. This initiation fee is typically $199 for a standard definition system or $499 for an HD system. See more details on start-up costs on the Packages page. [that site shows monthly non-DVR packages starting at either $69 or $79 per month]

You will be billed monthly for a2bTV's hosting fees. These hosting fees covers the cost of storing and maintaining your satellite TV and place-shifting equipment in our world class data center, our customer service and the high speed upload bandwidth that allows you to access your equipment. There are no additional monthly fees. (You can find our monthly pricing here on our Packages page.)

How does a2bTV work?

Our customers watch their satellite TV programming over the Internet -- in real time, no matter where they are. Each of our customers has their own satellite TV account. But instead of having the satellite company put a dish on their roof, they send us the satellite receiver! We host it in a secure data center and provide bandwidth and other technology to stream their TV over the Internet with digital HD quality. They can even use the digital video recorder (DVR) to record their favorite shows and rewind live TV.

What kind of equipment do I need to watch American TV online?

A satellite TV account & receiver You must have an American satellite TV account. Simply ship us your satellite receiver and we do the rest! Don't have a satellite account? We can help! Just click here to let us know what you need.

An Internet connection Your television service will be streamed over the Internet, so you'll need a high speed Internet connection. A download speed of at least 512Kbps is recommended for adequate viewing. Anything less than this will cause noticeable degradation of image quality. We recommend a 2Mbps (2000Kbps) download speed if possible. If you're not sure what your download speed is, please take a speed test here. The faster the connection speed, the better the picture. All of our hosting accounts come with a 2Mbps (2000Kbps) upload speed, but you can upgrade to faster speeds for an additional fee.

https://a2btv.com/faq/

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

... Reboot your router until you get 58.x (Once or twice usually) ..

Thanks for your valuable contributions. I have been using unblockUS on 3BB ISP without problems on the basic 6mbps package. However with True it doesn't work like you said. I do not understand one of your workarounds? How or what is the significance of 58.x?? My 3BB doesn't show 58.x and that works on 223.x. But my True shows a different number each reboot of the router and it currently 124.x, before that 171.x... etc. It would take forever to get 58.x by reboot like you said and not once or twice, unless I am misunderstanding?

By chance I noticed I had an IP address of 58.x on True so I enabled Unblockus and it does not work for me. I don't understand your comment therefore "Reboot your router until you get 58.x" ?

I will continue to use Unblockus on 3BB but give up on True.

By chance I noticed I had an IP address of 58.x on True so I enabled Unblockus and it does not work for me. I don't understand your comment therefore "Reboot your router until you get 58.x" ?

Should work on TRUE 58.x IP's that is the only range that bypasses their invisible proxy. After reboot of your router make sure you went to check service on their website. then reboot the devices you are using unblock US with.

Some people have had better luck setting each individual device with unblock.us DNS servers but I don't really see how that helps. Especially with ATV2 reports seem favourable doing it that way.

Are you saying 3BB (What speed you on) works 24/7 with unblockus.

Edited by negreanu

Should work on TRUE 58.x IP's that is the only range that bypasses their invisible proxy. After reboot of your router make sure you went to check service on their website. then reboot the devices you are using unblock US with.

Some people have had better luck setting each individual device with unblock.us DNS servers but I don't really see how that helps. Especially with ATV2 reports seem favourable doing it that way.

Are you saying 3BB (What speed you on) works 24/7 with unblockus.

I'm away from my True line at the moment so cannot follow up, but it has never worked to-date.

Yes, at my other location I'm on 3BB 599B cheapest package, getting steady 7mbps download on speedtest, but usually its 6mbps and never slower. (unlikely my True 7mbps line 599THB account that never gets over 5mbps on speedtest in Bangkok). I have had unblockus working 24/7 on 3BB line for US and UK TV thanks to your alerting me to this service. Thanks.

Edited by Digitalbanana

• 2 weeks later...

just get a vpn for 10-20 usd a month. it is very simple. it makes it look like ur IP is inside the USA.

You're getting ripped off if you are paying that much. StrongVPN is $55.00/year as are many other good VPN services.

I used strong, it was very bad, rude CS, slow speeds. I have used overplay 2 years now, they also have smart DNS. I get goood speeds on netflix and hulu, lots of stuff in HD even

I've said this before and I'll say it again here...

I've done numerous speed tests between Thailand and the U.S. comparing private proxy-only service with PPTP VPN and SSL Open VPN, using my service provider Witopia.net.

For streaming content, the fastest method by far was proxy only... The next fastest was PPTP VPN... The slowest of the three was Open VPN, with the speed differences between the three being substantial.

Thailand already has enough issues with slow and inconsistent or congested international data speeds. While people may need to obtain a U.S. IP, you really don't want to be further unnecessarily slowing down your connection with VPN encryption when it's not needed...at least merely for the purpose of streaming music or video from the U.S. or elsewhere.

And I've yet to encounter a U.S. content provider whose network didn't accept the proxy connection as providing a valid IP in just the same way that a PPTP or SSL connection would.

• 2 months later...

After reading the threads on various postings here I have:

(1) purchased Witopia (the Pro package) for US$69.99 per annum;

(2) purchased a US Netflix account after setting my virtual VPN to New York.

Note that while Witopia has an Australian virtual address, it does not have (as of today's date) a New Zealand virtual address, meaning you cannot access all those nice NZ features like TVNZ TV-on-Demand and paid video-streaming products.

However, setting up Witopia on my Mac took about 2 minutes, and the Pro version provides enhanced abilities (it's the old story - you get what you pay for), and Netflix streaming works like a dream in HD (I am on 3BB). I have no complaints so far .......

Edited by FergusMPower

I am using Unblock-Us and have just been watching TVNZ TV -on demand,thanks for letting me know about this channel regards Worgeordie

After reading the threads on various postings here I have:

(1) purchased Witopia (the Pro package) for US$69.99 per annum;

(2) purchased a US Netflix account after setting my virtual VPN to New York.

Note that while Witopia has an Australian virtual address, it does not have (as of today's date) a New Zealand virtual address, meaning you cannot access all those nice NZ features like TVNZ TV-on-Demand and paid video-streaming products.

However, setting up Witopia on my Mac took about 2 minutes, and the Pro version provides enhanced abilities (it's the old story - you get what you pay for), and Netflix streaming works like a dream in HD (I am on 3BB). I have no complaints so far .......

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Worgeordie.

Your post woke me up and I've cancelled Witopia and signed up to Unblock-Us. It seems even easier to use than Witopia (and gives access to New Zealand content). The nice thing about it is it checks what country you are attempting to connect within FIRST, and then automatically sets up an address for you there. Witopia requires a more cumbersome 2-step process. You have to open the Witopia interface, select your 'Gateway', e.g. New York, and then go back to your browser and enter the web address you wish to visit. I like the simplicity of Unblock-Us better, at least at first glance .....

OK, after cycling through Witopia, and Unblock-Us, I have finally settled on:

www.overplay.net

In contrast to Unblock-Us, it provides the option of full VPN protection (preventing Wireless Network-related eavesdroppers from accessing sensitive information). It also has a New Zealand server option, which is attractive. It also has a 'Smart-DNS' facility which makes having both US and UK Netflix accounts (for example) easy to deal with.

It requires a 2-step process (same as Witopia) for changing your 'country of record', but for those who wish to have encrypted protection for communications at times - it gives you the option.

As you can cancel at any time it is cheapest to go for their annual subscription and then cancel if dissatisfied .......

Watch Netflix, MTV, CBS, Hulu & more outside the U.S. for FREE!

There's no software to install. You don't need to create an account. No password to remember. Setting up Tunlr is a breeze and you can start watching video or listening to music instantly.

• 4 weeks later...

Watch Netflix, MTV, CBS, Hulu & more outside the U.S. for FREE!

There's no software to install. You don't need to create an account. No password to remember. Setting up Tunlr is a breeze and you can start watching video or listening to music instantly.

That's an interesting service, and thanks for posting about it...

But just to be clear, that service does NOT provide free access to paid subscription services like Netflix and Hulu Plus, contrary to your headline above.

What it does to is eliminate the U.S. location block that hinders users outside the U.S. from accessing those services and many others, including a variety of free content.

But for Netflix, Hulu Plus and similar paid subscription services, the user is still required to have a paid account with them in order to access their content. And the FAQ document or the Tunlr.net site specifically says that.

Some content providers (i.e. Netflix, HuluPlus) require a paid subscription in order to use them. Tunlr does not enable free access to paid content.

But tunlr does not work on True ISP does it?

I have True internet wifi 10MB at home...(sometime use with Strong VPN or HMA VPN)

changed DNS server on Apple TV (manually configuring TCP/IP in settings) to the Tunlr server number (and connected Apple TV to my home wifi network, which is sometimes on VPN connection) and it works great connecting to my Netflix accounts (US$8 a month) to watch movies and TV programs on demand....

I also use Strong VPN or HMA VPN (PPTP connection) on my iPhone and on my iPad to watch movies and TV programs streaming on demand from Netflix (when I am on the go).

I am getting more and more tempted to dump very expensive True Visions...but not there yet.

now have to figure out how I can play Netflix movies on my android Samsung Galaxy S3.....havent figured that out yet

Edited by trajan