Performance Exhausts

wana

Well that explains why o never saw it. Wantan do you think your original Tiger exhaust is to loud???

Because that's about the same as most after market one's. Also that's actually the downpipe NOT the muffler. Crafty Tiger.

You are right. The stamp is on the "exhaust comp", not on the "silencer comp". All together its called "muffler assy" in the parts catalog. But i guess its one unit that is "certified" all together. At least i hope so.

I cant remember exactly how loud it was before i removed the airfilterbox and mounted a K&N filter. But the bike is definetly too loud now. Or in other words, it is too safe now... laugh.png

In other countries (e.g. Italy) people like to use the signal-horn. Its thai style to avoid doing something like this and using a loud pipe instead to make yourself heard. Its a pity that things like electric bikes and cars then will be much too dangerous to use in LOS. More people, more vehicles, more noise, more pollution, sometimes i think this is not the best way to go. Thats all. Of course i want to ride safe in Bangkok and often i am glad to have a noisy bike. Seems i am the selfish a__hole smile.png

how about Tsukigi pipes from Japan ? does anyone know if they are too loud to be legal for an ER6N ? havent

heard of them beig goverment certified but i hasvent heard of many loud pipes being certified by government smile.png

there is a nice deep rumble from them but nearly al the info online is in thai...........

any change of a homoleg bike needs to be approved and noted in page 18. exhaust, engine tweaks, lights, you name it

change of exhaust requires new emission test and noise, max 85dB as I recall.

you did ask about the law, didnt you?

in reality I have never faced a problem here in Phuket, or on my many trips around the country. I have avoided riding in 2 areas, Patts and BKK

I have had several bikes inspected by DLT with loud exhaust. One of them color change, so photo of bike with 2Brothers is in DLT files. They dont want to know.

anyone tried TSUKIGI on er6? its inexpensive

When i took my Duke to Phuket RTO, i rode it into the building to be checked and chassis rubbed. After the kid done the job he asked me not to start the bike and please push it over to the transfer office as the big boss doesn't like loud exhausts........That'll be the Termignoni's then !!! 555555

They actually made a point that it was loud and did i have the inserts (DB killers) to put back in. I said yes, but if i'm gonna do that i may as well fit the original exhausts and i've just spent over 80k on these........he walked away mumbling and came back and said Ok then......begrudgingly !!!

Edited by Rickster

I still have no idea how my Gixxer, with Hotbodies GP Slash Cut exhaust passed the inspection at the Bangkok Mor Chit DLT... But it did! w00t.gif

mygixxer2.JPG

I have passed Ninja650 with Leo Vince, 2 Brothers, Arrow and Akropovic, all without dB killer, so why not? Each time they have even asked the price of the canclap2.gif

how about Tsukigi pipes from Japan ? does anyone know if they are too loud to be legal for an ER6N ? havent

heard of them beig goverment certified but i hasvent heard of many loud pipes being certified by government smile.png

there is a nice deep rumble from them but nearly al the info online is in thai...........

anyone tried TSUKIGI on er6? its inexpensive

im very happy with it on er6,sounds great and very inexpensive + weighs hardly nothing compared to that breeze block that comes from the factory

ive been through 4 police checkpoints since saturday and they havent said its too loud yet :D

gotten the usual requests for tea money but they havent been directed at the exhaust

one of the cops asked how much i paid for the bike ,i pretended i didnt understand him and

my wife told him we rented it LOL