Just Diagnosed With "Shingles"

Gone

7-10 days is the usual course of treatment.

If it really gets to be more than you can handle pain-wise you can get OTC a topical anesthetic which will provide temporary numbness. Brand names Liprikaine and Emla, the first one being locally made so cheaper.

Use it sparingly (i.e. not more than once a day and very thin coat of it) as there will be some systemic absorption which can cause adverse effects if the amount is significant. This drug is not meant for repeat applications, usually used to numb skin before painful procedures. Mavbe reserve for nighttime use so you can get to sleep...if the systemic painkillers aren't enough.

Thanks Sheryl,

The funny thing is that my pain is not even where the rash is. My skin is not irritated what so ever. I get pains all over my body now for instance in my shoulders, back of my legs, sometimes in the feet etc.

Good to hear that these outbreaks only last for 7 to 10 days though. I will tuff it out and see what happens.

7-10 days is the course of treatment. the pain can, I'm sorry to tell you, go on longer than that. In some cases a long term neuralgia results. But that is in a minority of cases. most people feel better within 2 weeks or so.

7-10 days is the usual course of treatment.

If it really gets to be more than you can handle pain-wise you can get OTC a topical anesthetic which will provide temporary numbness. Brand names Liprikaine and Emla, the first one being locally made so cheaper.

Use it sparingly (i.e. not more than once a day and very thin coat of it) as there will be some systemic absorption which can cause adverse effects if the amount is significant. This drug is not meant for repeat applications, usually used to numb skin before painful procedures. Mavbe reserve for nighttime use so you can get to sleep...if the systemic painkillers aren't enough.

Thanks Sheryl,

The funny thing is that my pain is not even where the rash is. My skin is not irritated what so ever. I get pains all over my body now for instance in my shoulders, back of my legs, sometimes in the feet etc.

Good to hear that these outbreaks only last for 7 to 10 days though. I will tuff it out and see what happens.

Absolutely take meds until the blisters subside completely.. I thought the tubes would be an issue I knew they only came in small portions mostly for smaller break outs..

It sounds as if you're more fortunate in not having many of the more memorable symptoms.. Count yourself lucky so far..

usually my attacks last from 7 to 10 days, anyone who has a blisters on the head or face , be very careful it can also lead to part or complete loss of sight

And deafness in the case of the ears..

Edited by WarpSpeed

I am truly sorry that I [1] don't have time to read the whole thread, meaning I may have missed Sheryle's response and [2] that you waited longer than 72 hours to have the shingles looked at. It's going to be a problem for a while. I had it and the first symptom was a sensitive scalp, which I ignored, then a rash on the chest [not ignored], and got it in time [72 hours]. Best advice I can give is maintain your immune system at peak levels. Alcohol, smoking don't help. I indulge in both, but them I am a silly person.