HIV-Positive Bangkok Cabdriver Admits Sexual Assaulting And Robbing Passengers

webfact

I'm guessing that since the latest victim owned a laptop she's the first one who managed to pay the 'investigation fee' to get the cops to do their job.

Nice one !! :-) A little known aspect of Thai " policing", is having to pay them to investigate a crime. Always stuns the farangs when they report their first crime.......

If you want a result that will cost a lot more!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This cannot be good for tourism......Tuk tuk drivers in Phuket are generally regarded as pond scum, while in the past taxi drivers in Bangkok were regarded as pretty good, exceptions being a bit of overcharging. This person has now done irreparable harm to their image. The amazing ( miracle ? ) part of this is about complaints in the past, where the police did nothing about him. Too busy manning helmet checkpoints ?? Disgusting.. To my mind the police are responsible for all the attacks after the first one was reported and they did nothing. Why ? Did he pay them off somehow ? Is he a brother red shirt ??

Truly doubt he used condoms. Regular Thai men scarcely use condoms, I cannot believe a taxi driver raping a young girl is going to use one. Especially in light of the fact he already has AIDS. I think he just said that to escape the charge of attempted murder. An interview of the victims will quickly establish if a condom was used.

The fact is, open any newspaper in any city and you can easily say of nearly every story, "This isn't going to be good for tourism." It looks like this pervert didn't touch any foreign tourists or expats unless they come come forward now. As despicable as this cabbie is, I doubt this story will have any effect on the droves of tourists arriving daily.

How many lives has this unscrupulous individual ruined? How many has he given a death sentence through his activities? Should he receive anything less than a death sentence? If he has infected multiple women with the disease with which he is infected then he is little more than a serial killer dishing out a slow death to his victims. Tie him to a x-frame and let his victims decide his punishment.

A boat and a cement bag...

I'm guessing that since the latest victim owned a laptop she's the first one who managed to pay the 'investigation fee' to get the cops to do their job.

maybe it is so.....but I have not to believe it......come on......

It can't be always a matter of affording to bribe cops to do their job...

CAN'T ALWAYS BE ......

"I pretended to have love interest in them and promised to give them some money. Then, I brought them to hotels to have sex after which I would steal their belongings. I also raped some passengers," he said.

​Hard to believe that he pretended to have " love interest." Sounds very familiar to me, like: "I love you too much, " often heard at places like Pattaya.

A real strange story, wondering how many more Psychos are driving cabs in the "city of angels",,,,,,jap.gif.. .

What is this at the bottom of the article? "And on February 10, two dumb women lodged complaints at Lat Phrao Police saying that he raped and robbed them."

Two dumb women? This is incredibly and absolutely offensive.

You are denigrating the dumb by inferring that being dumb is so stigmatisingly awful, which I find incredibly and absolutely offensive!!!

Decisions, decisions, pay the police or pay the mafia, what to do, what to do?

Mafia would be too quick. Don't want to deprive this man of his proper suffering; for many years. The shit prolly wants to die, to him, he'll just come back as a dog... Hmmm, living as a dog or living in a bathroom not being allowed to come out for 40 years then coming back as a dog..... Shit if he comes back as a dog, the dam_n dog wouldn't live 40 years. Thats too easy, this guy needs to hurt, for a long time.

Edited by Darkrose

Kaew Sangmuang, 43, claimed he had used condoms every time he had sex because he did not want to spread the deadly virus.

Touching. A real stand up guy.

I feel like being picky and playing with words in the article.

Kaew Sangmuang, 43, claimed he had used condoms every time he had sex because he did not want to spread the deadly virus.

"I pretended to have love interest in them and promised to give them some money. Then, I brought them to hotels to have sex after which I would steal their belongings. I also raped some passengers," he said.

He said he used condoms when having sex, as an indication that the intercourse was consensual. He didn't say he used the condoms while commiting rape. The article suggests that the man is aware of the difference between Sex and Rape since his own quote puts it on two different tiers....

I don't think this guy is smart enough to try to manipulate or twist his words around to imply alternate meaning(s). That would be giving him too much credit actually... But still... the point stands!

Despite several complaints this trash was still on the loose? Why?

From another thread.rolleyes.gif

Prayuth said there are only some 80,000 police officers in Bangkok and that they already have a heavy workload preventing and dealing with normal crime, so it was thus impossible for the public to depend solely on the police to prevent terrorism.

OMG that's the funniest thing I've read all day! cheesy.gif Thanks for a good belly laugh!

I work in the rescue service and often go to assaults that have taxi's involved, quite a few involve foreigners too. Most of these are not reported. I think this one has been reported only because the guy is HIV +ve. (News worthy) I know many of the cases I have been to dealing with assaults on people never turns up in the news, and I work one very small area of Bangkok (Tong Lor). I can't imagine the total amount of taxi related offenses that happen all over Bangkok. Rapes are often not reported because of social stigma, as in many Asian countries, and also the knowledge that police will rarely achieve results. Also in police stations there are no private areas or consideration given to Rape victims, there's usually only 1 or 2 big rooms when everyone, including the general public can hear your rape story. Most Thai girls know not to travel alone in taxi's or their friends/boyfriends take down the number plate as they leave and take a good look at the drivers face. Next time you are in a taxi, take a look on the floor under, or next to the drivers seat or door, there will be a weapon there most often. Most drivers are highly stressed from driving all day in chaotic and aggressive traffic, and many take drugs to keep awake, this combination leads to erratic behavior, so do please be careful out there. I avoid taxi's unless really necessary as they are also crazy and uneducated drivers.

maybe it is so.....but I have not to believe it......come on......

It can't be always a matter of affording to bribe cops to do their job...

CAN'T ALWAYS BE ......

I had my phone stolen by some Thai scum bag. I called my number and told the guy I would give him a few thousand baht for the phone. I went to the phyia thai police station at 3 am in the morning, and the cops were extremely helpful. They took me in their truck to go meet the guy. The Thai scumbag thief never showed up, but the police did their part and I felt the genuinely wanted to do good work.

Obviously the police corruption in Thailand is shameful, but that also means that the more honest hard working police deserve even more credit.

More than that, I have met many police while living in Thailand that would take rape very serious.

Edited by wlcart

number one rule in thailand is not to trust any one

thais or falangs

maybe they thought he is taxi driver he is thai there fore he must be honest

BIG MISTAKE

My wife has told me before that she was always wary of taxi drivers especially in the evenings in Bangkok. She would ensure that she would cover up as being letched at in the mirror was uncomfortable and would pretend to be on the phone to someone to try and avert attention and having to speak to them.

She said there are lots of rapes etc with taxi guys, apart from their eratic driving etc that we are all aware of.

Sure there are good taxi drivers as well.

Ladies be careful

Nice one !! :-) A little known aspect of Thai " policing", is having to pay them to investigate a crime. Always stuns the farangs when they report their first crime.......

You don't report your crimes... You report other people's crimes. Or other people report your crimes, as you wish.

Cornered by the evidence, Kaew confessed he had raped many passengers aged between 18 and 22 years old. He had also robbed or stolen items from other passengers.

and he admitted to the above age range. Why be so specific? To cover the fact that some of the victims were underage, or what? sick.gif

I think there are many pages of interrogation transcripts, and the article just picked a few parts.

You don't report your crimes... You report other people's crimes. Or other people report your crimes, as you wish.

Maybe if you were not on the moon, you would have read his post better.

The coppers look like the wanna give him a kicking so badly but are scared to get aids blood on them.........

<hr />

Interesting enough your right. Usually there are several coppers and all wanting to fit into the pictures like they do with their shirts.