Chalerm: Isaan Set To Become Drug-Free Region

webfact

Isaan set to become drug-free region

BANGKOK, 22 February 2012 (NNT) - Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yubumrung has announced the government policy to turn all 20 northeastern provinces into drug-free areas.

Pol Capt Chalerm traveled to Phen district, Udon Thani province, on Tuesday to receive a briefing on the district’s bypass road project and listen to the local residents’ problems. He also delivered the anti-drug policy to coordinators of the “Phalang Phandin” Project against Narcotic Drugs at the Conference Hall of Udonthani College of Business Administration and Tourism.

The Deputy PM laid stress on the government’s policy to solve problems of people from all walks of life and confirmed that the government and himself, in his capacity as director of the government’s anti-drug center, were doing the utmost to combat drugs. He said Thailand had held talks with neighboring countries and China to find measures to protect border areas, intercept the smuggling of narcotic precursors, strictly suppress drug dealing and rehabilitate drug addicts.

Pol Capt Chalerm reiterated that all government operations to eradicate drugs were under the rule of law.

Udon Thani is expected to be the first among the 20 northeastern provinces to be free from drugs.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2012-02-22 footer_n.gif

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yubumrung has announced the government policy to turn all 20 northeastern provinces into drug-free areas.

God forgive them, because they don't know what they do. Who turned this guy into such an idiot? jap.gif

• Like 1

Me thinks he knows not what he says.

In order to make a region drug free, he needs to provide the people with alternatives.

A key point is keeping people on the wagon is activity. If they have nothing else to do

or nothing else to kep them busy, they will turn to drugsond alocohol. If they see they

are bored and not happy and see themselves negatively, they will turn to drugs.

Unless this Govt makes changes to peoples lifestyles, they will fail.

That said .... does not matter what they do ... the idea of Isaan being drug free is

noting but a pipe dream ... or should I say crack pipe dream

• Like 2

Once again, this man has spouted complete nonsense from his pie hole.

Who is really to blame for his idiocy; the man or the fools who elected and tolerate him?

As I always say, for all the calls for democracy, no double standards, and suitability for the job, this man is who the Red Shirts put in charge. Cognitive Dissonance, that's what it is.

• Like 1

Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yubumrung has announced the government policy to turn all 20 northeastern provinces into drug-free areas.

God forgive them, because they don't know what they do. Who turned this guy into such an idiot? jap.gif

Some behavioural characteristics are apparently set in the womb. Environmental and hormomal influencesand of course genetic make up. .

And then there is always the possibility he was dropped on his head as an infant. I don't know.

That would give the wretch an excuse for his behaviour.

I wish to see Issan a lao khao (white whisky)-free region. It is the scourge of many a family, the government should either increase the tax to match the alcohol content or lower the taxes on beer to make it financially viable for low earners.

Generally speaking, people under the influence of lao khao are far nastier than those drunk on beer.

Apologies for off topic remarks.

Alcohol is not a drug, although is as bad. So it is very easy to make the prices very low so people get hook to alcohol instead of the drug

• Like 1

I wish to see Issan a lao khao (white whisky)-free region. It is the scourge of many a family, the government should either increase the tax to match the alcohol content or lower the taxes on beer to make it financially viable for low earners.

Generally speaking, people under the influence of lao khao are far nastier than those drunk on beer.

Alcohol is not a drug, although is as bad. So it is very easy to make the prices very low so people get hook to alcohol instead of the drug

Sorry to burst your bubble, but yes, alcohol most definitely is a drug and so is; aspirin, caffeine, heroin, antibiotics etc,etc.

Get it, got it....goodcowboy.gif

• Like 2

Me thinks he knows not what he says.

In order to make a region drug free, he needs to provide the people with alternatives.

A key point is keeping people on the wagon is activity. If they have nothing else to do

or nothing else to kep them busy, they will turn to drugsond alocohol. If they see they

are bored and not happy and see themselves negatively, they will turn to drugs.

Unless this Govt makes changes to peoples lifestyles, they will fail.

That said .... does not matter what they do ... the idea of Isaan being drug free is

noting but a pipe dream ... or should I say crack pipe dream

Your view dovetails neatly with Chalerm's desire to re-instate Thaksin. When that happens the people of Isaan will be so overjoyed and busy reaping the rewards of Thaksinomics that they won't need drugs to improve their dreary existence.

The above was an unpaid political statement written and edited by OzMick and in no way reflects the reality of the situation.

• Like 1

Once again, this man has spouted complete nonsense from his pie hole.

Who is really to blame for his idiocy; the man or the fools who elected and tolerate him?

As I always say, for all the calls for democracy, no double standards, and suitability for the job, this man is who the Red Shirts put in charge. Cognitive Dissonance, that's what it is.

Speaking of the red shirts demanding democracy I suppose they did not hear their dear leader utter these words.

"Democracy is a good and beautiful thing, but it's not the ultimate goal as far as administering the country is concerned democracy is just a tool, not our goal".

And as for as making Udon Thani the first drug free province Chalerm needs to look no further than his subordinates . I'm sure this will happen. Before I moved here I lived in Kalasin. It was the same there.

Edited by pimay11

Sorry to disagree but alcohol is a drug.
  • Like 1

went up to udon thani last year for 1 night on my way to non khai,was offered cocaine within half an hour of going out by an addict dealer,is thai polotics some kind of joke? this is a massive statement to come out and say! has this guy worked with drugs before and solved any problems?

In the uk we have much more resources to fight drugs and re abilitate drug addicts but the chief of police says we are losing the battle against drugs.

what is chalerm going to do kill all the addicts and dealers? but then you have still got all the boys and girls who just like a few yabaa tablets and a bag of grass at the end of the working week.

I know a thai guy who died last year at 35 because of whiskey abuse but everyone drinks whiskey so its not a problem,cigarettes are hidden in the 7/11 but whiskey is on show.so lets concentrate on drugs and forget about whiskey because that obviously brings far too much revenue to be messing around with.

I must have been sleeping when this "baht rain storm" happened in Thailand.

Where is all this money coming from all of a sudden?

8 Billion for a Woman's Fund

900,000 Tablet PC's for babies

Make Isaan drug free

Flood victim Fund

New Railways

15k minimum wage for degree holding government workers

I could go on and on but not enough room on 1 page to write everything the Government plans on spending money on.

Maybe they will be the exclusive drug dealers?

Why are drugs still a problem in Thailand? The CoP has been in position (including acting) for 4 months and was formerly Narcotics Suppression chief. Is he incompetent?

How's his credibilty? Remember this - "BANGKOK, 11 September 2011 - The acting national police chief has expressed his readiness to stop the influx of drug into the country within three months." http://www.pattayamail.com/news/pol-gen-priewpan-damapong-vows-to-stem-drug-influx-6195 Times up, old son, if your not going to defecate, get off the pot, or at least stop promising gold nuggets.

• Like 2

So how will success be judged or assessed?

A simple declarative statement will be issued.

Rah Rah Rah! Only Thaksin could eliminate all the drugs throughout all areas of the whole country!

images.jpg

Thaksin declares the country 'drug-free area'

"The government is pleased to announce that the country is now a drug-free area and will proclaim victory in its war on drugs," said Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

- The Nation / April 13, 2003

http://www.nationmul...area-77076.html

================================================

2,500 slaughtered in order to make some asinine, absurd, patently false claim.

• Like 1

I must have been sleeping when this "baht rain storm" happened in Thailand.

Where is all this money coming from all of a sudden?

8 Billion for a Woman's Fund

900,000 Tablet PC's for babies

Make Isaan drug free

Flood victim Fund

New Railways

15k minimum wage for degree holding government workers

I could go on and on but not enough room on 1 page to write everything the Government plans on spending money on.

Maybe they will be the exclusive drug dealers?

You forgot Thaksin's pet project, the multi-billion baht loss rice pledging scheme, paying prices for a commodity received nowhere else on the planet. In it's last incarnation only 2/3 was lost to corruption which is pretty good for a Thaksin scheme.

Perhaps they can bolster the Treasury with assets seized from drug dealers.

As a phenylethylamine, ephedrine has a similar chemical structure to amphetamines and is a methamphetamine analogue having the methamphetamine structure with a hydroxyl group at the β position. Because of ephedrine's structural similarity to methamphetamine it can be used to create methamphetamine using chemical reduction in which ephedrine's hydroxy group is removed; this has made ephedrine a highly sought-after chemical precursor in the illicit manufacture of methamphetamine. The most popular method for reducing ephedrine to methamphetamine is similar to the Birch reduction, in that it uses anhydrous ammonia and lithium metal in the reaction. The second most popular method uses red phosphorus, iodine, and ephedrine in the reaction

To rid the world of meth"amphetamine" - "jaabaa" - nazi speed ,one has to cut the prodution of ephedrine.....

witch is manly coming from countries with little or no control on the substance.

boredom is the major cause of drug use.

and yes alcohol is a drug like all the rest.

Oh dear, cloud cuckoo land, how do people like this get to positions of influence, we all know that the area is already clear of drugs as with Phitsanulok , Chiang Mai, and Kalasin , they've just a few small loose strings to clear up on the Burma border and Thailand will then be drug free in your dreams.violin.gif