How Did You Guys Get Your “mrs….” What Method?

BKK90210

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jazz Bar, Patong Beach I went for a beer and got to talk to this cute, shy BG I bought her a drink, then use your imagination from there on.

We have now been married 13 years, to me it proves I made the right choice :o

Edited by sonthaya

so is it true then that a lot of men from Europe or the US prefer to come to Asia and choose a bride rather than go through the 'normal' process of finding a girlfriend in their homeland???? Just curious.

Like anywhere in the world you meet someone you love and well the rest is history - doesnt necessarily have to be Asia. :o

so is it true then that a lot of men from Europe or the US prefer to come to Asia and choose a bride rather than go through the 'normal' process of finding a girlfriend in their homeland???? Just curious.

I had been in Thailand 6 years when I met the Thai woman I married, it was getting a bit too much travelling back to the UK to find the right girl, and I took the view that the chances of me finding the right girl during a two week R&R trip to blighty were slim.

That "normal process" faded away with the invention of the airplane;

not to mention that this entire planet is our "homeland".

I can only speak for myself of course but I did not come here to "choose a bride" but to spend the rest of my life in a country that soothes my soul. And here, quite unexpectedly, I found my soulmate.

Your response would seem to indicate that you are a Western woman? Just curious about what it is about Asian women that wins the hearts of so many "men from Europe or the US"?

Gentleness, grace, politeness, lack of beligerence while still able to express themselves, a willingness to give at least as much as they receive...

For instance, most Asian women would never be rude enough to propose your obviously biased questions...

Ouch.. I did not mean that to be as unkind as it sounds, but..

Those of us who came to Thailand and fell in love are something less than "normal"?

Thanks but, I don't think so...

Edited by Dustoff

Gentleness, grace, politeness, lack of beligerence while still able to express themselves, a willingness to give at least as much as they receive...

My own experience of western women suggests these are traits you can find anywhere, they are not merely found in Asian/Thai women.

However, it is to be remembered that relationships are a two sided equation.

That "normal process" faded away with the invention of the airplane;

not to mention that this entire planet is our "homeland".

I can only speak for myself of course but I did not come here to "choose a bride" but to spend the rest of my life in a country that soothes my soul. And here, quite unexpectedly, I found my soulmate.

Your response would seem to indicate that you are a Western woman? Just curious about what it is about Asian women that wins the hearts of so many "men from Europe or the US"?

For instance, most Asian women would never be rude enough to propose your obviously biased questions...Ouch.. I did not mean that to be as unkind as it sounds, but..

Those of us who came to Thailand and fell in love are something less than "normal"?

Thanks but, I don't think so...

A gentleman will not be so rude as suggest that a western woman lack those things mention above...

you may did not mean to be unkind...but you were...

Glauka--a western woman who thinks that she is a gentle, polite woman, who is willing to give as much as she recieve and who will not lack belligerence against certain attitude or matters :o

Edited by Glauka

I had been in Thailand 6 years when I met the Thai woman I married, it was getting a bit too much travelling back to the UK to find the right girl, and I took the view that the chances of me finding the right girl during a two week R&R trip to blighty were slim.

:D

Indeed.

:o

Of course, some guys do gravitate to Asian-looking women (race fetish?) and a smaller few think they need a "real Asian" (culture fetish?). But, many guys also gravitate the other way too... I've known guys who clearly would only date a blue-eyed woman, or a red-head, or a farm girl, or a city girl, etc. as if they doing casting for some play engraved in their minds at birth.

I think it is funny when guys have such absolute preferences, just as I think it is funny when people try to paint every guy with the same brush.

Since we're mostly anonymous here, I'll admit that if I hadn't had an intriguing but ulitmately failed encounter with an Asian-American woman in university, I may have remained a mild bigot and not been able to let myself fall for my wife when I met her. As it is, I did and here I am in Thailand much to the amazement of everyone (myself included) who expected me to never stray far from my place of birth.

excuse me I've lost my telephone number can I borrow yours - kor thawt, pom tham ber torasap haai, kor yeum ber khong koon noi na krap

:D:D

For me it was more like:

Me: You, you, it's your lucky day!! Khun, khun, wun nee bpen wun choke dee kawng ter :D

Her: Really, Why? Jing ler, tummai? :D

Me: Because, today I walked into your life. Pro(t) wun nee pom kao ma nai chee-wit ter :o