Nakhon Sawan News

nong38

Now here is some big news for Nakhon Sawan lovers, KFC will soon not be alone! In the june to september time there will be a DRIVE THROUGH McDONALDS at V Square, that the BIG C on the north side of the bridge, that expands lunchtime a bit in several ways eh!

I am also imformed that there is or will be a drive through McDonalds at a PTT station just south of the by pass to accomodate northern folks who are to unsure of driving through the Heavenly City, so keep em peeled and see if you spot this one.

McDonalds in V Square too? They are building one where old Esso was, near busstation.

I got an email from McDonalds that said V Square that said opening Q3/2013. Esso old site is a bit further down the road so we will have to see if we get 2 or 1 and where it is. There is little sign of action at V square at the moment but there is at the old Esso station heading north towards Tak, keep em peeled and look KFC this going to impact you big time you have had the run and offered up what?

Does Kippers have a MacDonalds or is it just a farm?

For your information K.P.P dose not have a Big Mc. There is a KFC in Tesco & Big C but Tesco KFC is nearly always empty a few punters go into the Big C one at weekend's.

Who in their right mind's would buy that overpriced scrag end stuff anyway, you can get a hole Barbe chicken for about 85bt what do you get for 85bt in KFC a couple of wing tips and a paper cup cup filled with ice and a drip of coke.

But we as you know do have many excellent Restaurant's unlike N/S, there is also some that are at best rubbish like the Mushroom H/M made comments on same a few posts back.

Right where is the update on the Walk Dave

H/M.

Heads up just read in the BKK post that inspectors have found formalin in vegetables many samples taken in local markets with 102 found that contained same some 37% rum pore show. Oh ware was these sample's taken well you've guessed it N/S.

Look's like it's all down hill for your food trade. Not that it was any good in the first place.

H/M

The old Esso station on the northbound Tak road about 1/2 mile north of Big C now has the pictures of the forthcoming MacDonalds.

Yes Fred a worrying report but at least we know about it and I guess its pretty much par for the course in all other places in Thailand, try and be lucky eh? The iromic thing is that the traders dont want to have their livelyhoods taken away, will they be bright enough to find another fuel to cook with?

The old Esso station on the northbound Tak road about 1/2 mile north of Big C now has the pictures of the forthcoming MacDonalds.

Yes Fred a worrying report but at least we know about it and I guess its pretty much par for the course in all other places in Thailand, try and be lucky eh? The iromic thing is that the traders dont want to have their livelyhoods taken away, will they be bright enough to find another fuel to cook with?

I think they the market trader's have buggered themselves big time, Mr's H/M went to the market today and not a bugger was shopping at the veg stall's there.

N/B she went to get no not veg for me 'that's what she said' but a clasp for the new handbag that she has Crocheted for my daughter.

Funny though I did seem to get an humungous amount of veg with my roast Chicken tonight!!!

Not long now and you'll be orf Dave only hope you get through BKK ok.

H/M will be in Patt's on the 12th going with my fishing chum's but for only one day then orf to BKK if all goes well ??? on the 13th now that sound's a bit ominous. Will with a bit of luck be only there for an hour or two then back to normality as quick as poss.

H/M.

I think they the market trader's have buggered themselves big time, Mr's H/M went to the market today and not a bugger was shopping at the veg stall's there.

N/B she went to get no not veg for me 'that's what she said' but a clasp for the new handbag that she has Crocheted for my daughter.

Funny though I did seem to get an humungous amount of veg with my roast Chicken tonight!!!

H/M will be in Patt's on the 12th going with my fishing chum's but for only one day then orf to BKK if all goes well ??? on the 13th now that sound's a bit ominous. Will with a bit of luck be only there for an hour or two then back to normality as quick as poss.

H/M.

As we have been waiting for what seems like for ever on what the new Walk is like in N/S from the local's, H/M will as usual update all. Food on the ground floor the usual M/K a Korean one and KFC + some other bit's also been informed by one of us upper class that the place is clean unlike the Big C opposite.

Tesco on the second floor then at the top Index.

So there you have it now how hard was that.

H/M.

H/M.

As we have been waiting for what seems like for ever on what the new Walk is like in N/S from the local's, H/M will as usual update all. Food on the ground floor the usual M/K a Korean one and KFC + some other bit's also been informed by one of us upper class that the place is clean unlike the Big C opposite.

Tesco on the second floor then at the top Index.

So there you have it now how hard was that.

H/M.

Typical report from the tribe folk of Kipperland, only half a report!

No opening hours for The Walk or Tesco.

I'll wait for Nong to give us a proper full report!

Sorry about that not gave opening time's a large slap on the wrist to H/M.

Please remember I live 114km up north and I found out about the walk, cant you lot in N/S come up with a few answers on your own. Not smog bound again by any chance.

H/M asked several week's ago when Nong said it was open what it contained, a big fat nothing was the rapid reply. Don't worry about the said opening time's it's ground floor food next up is yet another Tesco just like the other one 2 km up the road, top floor is furniture home ware so if you don't want any of the above it's a don't bother to go.

Index open's at 11am closes at 9pm in Pitso so more than likely the same in N/S.

Tesco from about 8am near enough??? sorry if I'm half an hour adrift.

Proper full report indeed.

While I'm at it do you want to know what the traffic is like, at a guess it's the same grid locked just like is was two weeks ago when I did my visa and the same last Thursday when one of us upper class did his.

H/M.

Edited by fredob43

Due to the Tesco being a Department Store rather than a Supermarket there is only a relatively small food section. But unlike Fairyland they have Tesco tea bags in 100's instead of 25's. Bread/bakery next to useless, more choice in 7/11, but the excellent 5 baht chinese style cakes are available (from the deli not the bakery).

The ground floor eateries seemed popular with local farangs - didn't realise we had so many, even saw two mature farang ladies lunching. A new one on me is "Beyond", presumably just means I am the last one to know about it, a mixture of western and Thai food. None of them seemed to be selling alcohol, same as the new Big C.

Due to the Tesco being a Department Store rather than a Supermarket there is only a relatively small food section. But unlike Fairyland they have Tesco tea bags in 100's instead of 25's. Bread/bakery next to useless, more choice in 7/11, but the excellent 5 baht chinese style cakes are available (from the deli not the bakery).

The ground floor eateries seemed popular with local farangs - didn't realise we had so many, even saw two mature farang ladies lunching. A new one on me is "Beyond", presumably just means I am the last one to know about it, a mixture of western and Thai food. None of them seemed to be selling alcohol, same as the new Big C.

The eateries do seem to fit a better bill for us but the rest is probably what you might expect, what is originalty here? Same Same springs to mind and how much did it cost? Good job they did their costings and homework, well perhaps not then.............go there to eat only, how does that sound?

The eateries do seem to fit a better bill for us but the rest is probably what you might expect, what is originalty here? Same Same springs to mind and how much did it cost? Good job they did their costings and homework, well perhaps not then.............go there to eat only, how does that sound?
So come on you two what are the opening hour's Davyboy is expecting a FULL report I got a rap over the knuckles for leaving that out.

Dam poor show if you ask me.

Just think in 1 years time I shall have to come to N/S for my visa thingy and I might need to find something edible Fat chance of that.

H/M will be using the N/S By-Pass on the 12th so I'll do my best to give a FULL report on conditions as I go through. Davyboy do you want to know every hole or would the good bit's be enough hope so as that is the easiest of the two.

H/M.

The lady does not seem interested in viewing the new place one iowta, going to have to work on the Walk a bit, but, not before we motor down to Patters on the 6th for another goodwill visit and wont be back until the 15th.

Do hope this Russian advance in the Crimea is not going to push up fuel prices although maybe there will be less Russ ians in Patters? Also heard that Old Speckled Hen is available in Patters, it will be pasturised same as in the Canaries but will let you know what the score is.

So come on you two what are the opening hour's Davyboy is expecting a FULL report I got a rap over the knuckles for leaving that out.

Just think in 1 years time I shall have to come to N/S for my visa thingy and I might need to find something edible Fat chance of that.

H/M will be using the N/S By-Pass on the 12th so I'll do my best to give a FULL report on conditions as I go through. Davyboy do you want to know every hole or would the good bit's be enough hope so as that is the easiest of the two.

H/M.

No Fred, don't need a report on the bypass, have never been on it!

I understand that it was made for you Hill Billies to get back to Kippers so your old farm trucks wouldn't pollute our heavenly city.

Thanks anyway for the offer!

Edited by davyboy
  • Like 1

post-77463-0-14517400-1394000527_thumb.jpost-77463-0-77717200-1394000576_thumb.j

You city folk really don't get it do you? I live in Nakhon Sawan Province and wouldn't live anywhere else, the first picture is the road to my house, the second a picture of the "chariot" that I am presently importing from the US, currently being dis-assembled in Illinois,USA, and being packed in a 40 ft container to arrive here around mid May. If you want to live in a city then so be it but quit complaining about all of the BS that goes with it and how it's "not like home"! When an airplane from the UK arrives in Thailand and the engines are turned off there is always still a loud whining noise as the plane is full of Brits! Complain , whine, and complain forever, nothing ever suits you!!

H/M.

No Fred, don't need a report on the bypass, have never been on it!

I understand that it was made for you Hill Billies to get back to Kippers so your old farm trucks wouldn't pollute our heavenly city.

Thanks anyway for the offer!

Actually us hill billies (true in my case) rarelyuse the bypass from Klong Lan but take the country route down to Lat Yao then over to Uthai Thani and Chai Nat to reach the heavenly city thereby missing out N/S altogether including the broken down bypass.

I have been here long enough to remember it being built as one lane each way and then expanded to 2 lanes each way. The road surface was pretty crap when they built it back in the days of buffalo carts.

attachicon.gifDSC00829.jpgattachicon.gif001.jpg

You city folk really don't get it do you? I live in Nakhon Sawan Province and wouldn't live anywhere else, the first picture is the road to my house, the second a picture of the "chariot" that I am presently importing from the US, currently being dis-assembled in Illinois,USA, and being packed in a 40 ft container to arrive here around mid May. If you want to live in a city then so be it but quit complaining about all of the BS that goes with it and how it's "not like home"! When an airplane from the UK arrives in Thailand and the engines are turned off there is always still a loud whining noise as the plane is full of Brits! Complain , whine, and complain forever, nothing ever suits you!!

Oi pal. I am a Brit too and you don't here me whining much.

Billd766,

Wasn't directed at you, I know that you don't live in a city. It's just that everybody from the UK complains continuosly about everything, "it's not like home". I can't get this, I can't get that, the sausage casings at Macro are sh*t, etc. etc. Try getting Som Tom Poo Pa La in Chester, England!! The continual bashing of how life is so unacceptable here gets old after a while.

Ace of Pop's answer: "I suppose leaving anywhere in America is an improvement, so Yanks can only win.cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif' Is typical from somebody that doesn't have a clue!! He doesn't even have a grasp of the correct usage of the English Language., instaead of in I think that he meant other than. Get a life and enjoy the country where you have chosen to live without all of the BS complaining otherwise go somewhere else!!

Sorry, rant for the day over, back to my import logistics arragments for my new chariot!

• Like 1

Billd766,

Wasn't directed at you, I know that you don't live in a city. It's just that everybody from the UK complains continuosly about everything, "it's not like home". I can't get this, I can't get that, the sausage casings at Macro are sh*t, etc. etc. Try getting Som Tom Poo Pa La in Chester, England!! The continual bashing of how life is so unacceptable here gets old after a while.

Ace of Pop's answer: "I suppose leaving anywhere in America is an improvement, so Yanks can only win.cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif' Is typical from somebody that doesn't have a clue!! He doesn't even have a grasp of the correct usage of the English Language., instaead of in I think that he meant other than. Get a life and enjoy the country where you have chosen to live without all of the BS complaining otherwise go somewhere else!!

Sorry, rant for the day over, back to my import logistics arragments for my new chariot!

Best of luck with getting the new monster over here.

I hope it has a good air conditioner as it was 38 up here this afternoon at 3.30 and a nice cool? 22 at 05.30.

I am going to make some more old fashioned pork pies tomorrow.

I have been working off shore since 1992 in a lot of places and living in Thailand full time since 2001 and up here since 2004.

What I can't buy in Englsh foods locally I try to do myself modifying the recipes to make do with what I can get rather than what I want.

I love it up here and I suppose my real complaint is that the government water supply went off a couple of weeks ago and probably won't be back until after songkran. I have a stack of ongs for water storage and the amphur turned up with the fire truck and filled 3 for me. Hopefully the 4 beers I gave them will bring them by on a regular basis. Next time the beers will be cold.

Cheers Bill

Water here is a problem also, I have 12 ongs that we fill with rain water. The water was off last week for a couple of days but now it;s back to it's normal drip. The road to my house is now dry and the sugar and corn have been harvested but in rainy season it's a "E" ticket disneyland ride at times.

Buying and shipping the beast has been a real experience and the assembly once it arrives will be fun, a multimillon baht erector set. Maybe I'll have an assembly party, BYOW (bring your own wrench), beer will be on the house.

Water here is a problem also, I have 12 ongs that we fill with rain water. The water was off last week for a couple of days but now it;s back to it's normal drip. The road to my house is now dry and the sugar and corn have been harvested but in rainy season it's a "E" ticket disneyland ride at times.

Buying and shipping the beast has been a real experience and the assembly once it arrives will be fun, a multimillon baht erector set. Maybe I'll have an assembly party, BYOW (bring your own wrench), beer will be on the house.

Not being very conversant with country life, Question what does you new Chariot do, it look big enough to sort out the corn field's in the USA.

Best of luck getting it going anyway.

H/M.

Edited by fredob43

That's exactly what it does, it's a corn and bean combine. Different headers are attached to harvest either corn or beans(including sunflowers). The headers are not in the picture. When I started this venture back in early January I never thought that it would get past square 1 and now it's been bought and paid for and is being packed for shipment. I guess that the train could crash on the way to the docks or the ship could sink on the way over here but it looks as if is going to happen.

• Like 1

Wayned .My comment was Tongue in Cheek. I spent an incredibly happy 3 years working with CAT Marine in the USA just after Nam. My American Palls here tell me its not the same there anymore,and just keep my fond Memories. Still cant figure out why Yanks cant say Aluminium or Bouys properly,and im not Brit. Good Luck with the Grabber, Customs and Work Permit..Oh to be Young again.biggrin.png

Wayned .My comment was Tongue in Cheek. I spent an incredibly happy 3 years working with CAT Marine in the USA just after Nam. My American Palls here tell me its not the same there anymore,and just keep my fond Memories. Still cant figure out why Yanks cant say Aluminium or Bouys properly,and im not Brit. Good Luck with the Grabber, Customs and Work Permit..Oh to be Young again.biggrin.png

I'm 69, on my umteenth retirement extension and don't have a work permit and still can't firgure out why Brits and Ozzies like to add unwanted letters to many words, colour, maths, fruits, etc. or use abbreviations that make absolutely no sense at all Kippers, Bangers, bikies, etc.

My customs broker has assured me that the duties applied will be 5% as it will be dis-assembled and imported as parts. I know people that have used him in the past with positive results, I'll just have to wait and see.

It was my daily rant and a I was back to normal the second I hit the post button! But I,m not sure what normal is anymore!

I'm 69, on my umteenth retirement extension and don't have a work permit and still can't firgure out why Brits and Ozzies like to add unwanted letters to many words, colour, maths, fruits, etc. or use abbreviations that make absolutely no sense at all Kippers, Bangers, bikies, etc.

My customs broker has assured me that the duties applied will be 5% as it will be dis-assembled and imported as parts. I know people that have used him in the past with positive results, I'll just have to wait and see.

It was my daily rant and a I was back to normal the second I hit the post button! But I,m not sure what normal is anymore!

Brits like the Aus peeps have a way with words that you colonists don't Kipper for an example is a smelly fish and it's used to down grade K/P/P. Called English banter.

It'll take some time spend it England and the likes to get to grips with same.

Not unlike me having to get used to the American lady on my Sat/Nav like you she drive's me mad most of the time.

Well done you on getting your combine harvester sorted only hope you don't get to many problems once it arrives.

Tip be careful some of the bit's don't go on the missing list at customs this end as that seems to be the norm here.

Re AOP have had many a run in with him he's at best a plonker usually posts in the motor section with his so called Jokes they are at best rubbish if not down right rude with 99% complete drivel better just to ignore. Hopefully he'll go away but I doubt it he has nothing better to do with his time.

I now just feel sorry for him only hope that one day I don't end up the same, with not a friend in the world sad really.

H/M.

I know what kippers are, as I said I spent quite a bit of time in the Casle Hotel in Windsor and Kippers were on the menu for breakfast, the only decent meal that they served, along with smoked salmon and eggs and Scotch eggs, the kind that are hot with the egg softboiled, not that hardboiled greasy crap that you buy in the market.

Having said that, does that mean that we should all wear masks when we travel through KPP because all of the farang "peeps" ( I assume that means people to you, to me it's the sound that a baby chicken makes just before it sh*ts) smell like fish? KPP, Kippers, the Gateway to somewhere that smells like fish!

As far as customs is concerned we will be on site in Bangkok when the container is opened, inspected and unloaded.

Some of us have climbed on the "turnip truck" for that long last ride, it just matters how long we can hang on before we fall off and there are others whose elevator doesn't go quite to the top anymore!

I know what kippers are, as I said I spent quite a bit of time in the Casle Hotel in Windsor and Kippers were on the menu for breakfast, the only decent meal that they served, along with smoked salmon and eggs and Scotch eggs, the kind that are hot with the egg softboiled, not that hardboiled greasy crap that you buy in the market.

Having said that, does that mean that we should all wear masks when we travel through KPP because all of the farang "peeps" ( I assume that means people to you, to me it's the sound that a baby chicken makes just before it sh*ts) smell like fish? KPP, Kippers, the Gateway to somewhere that smells like fish!

As far as customs is concerned we will be on site in Bangkok when the container is opened, inspected and unloaded.

Some of us have climbed on the "turnip truck" for that long last ride, it just matters how long we can hang on before we fall off and there are others whose elevator doesn't go quite to the top anymore!

Just added a reply without tapping anything just show's you how idiots play havoc with H/M.

Scotch egg's with soft yokes delish.

Re customs they can be slippery little buggers had a chum who used to ship over Jag's from England and every time some bit's were missing radios switches ETC you could be ok as who the Buddha want parts for an American thing over here.

I like your bit about the lift/Elevator to you doesn't quite go to the top.

{snip}

Edited by theoldgit
Flame removed.

You shouldn't have admitted that you screwed up you could have blamed it on George and his software and he would have come back saying that you were using an outdated operating system that they don't support and maybe we could have even gotten Crossy into the discussion since he has complained that some of his posts have gone into the "black hole"!

So Kippers smells like fish, I can just imagine what Bangers refers to and Nong is going to "Pats". Is that a reference to one of your wierd British fruits or what the fruits is going to do to him once he arrives?

I'm not too worried about the customs pilferage, I don't think that anybody would want a John Deere shift knob in their Jag but who konows as TIT!

John Deere were a Farmers Status Symbol in Portugal,when i was a Lad,they are here too. Only came across one Deere place here in Thailand, it was Petchabun,they took a few CAT Spares for good customers now n then. Kosit Farm Co or something sounding very near. May be of use to you some day soon.

Received 23 arrival pictures todAy from the Container Paking CO. to show the condition that it was in when received. The container is due to arrive tomorrow to be packed and delivered to the rail yard on the 12th to make the rail cut for transport to the port. Beynd that I don't have a schedule but will be busy putting together an assembly plan after i receive the dis-assembly pics next week.

I don't think that I "go off" every few minutes, my power does, but I do go off occasionally. I rigged an analog voltmeter to a standard electrical plug and when the lights start dimming I can watch the power flucuate from 220vac to 150vac and sometimes below. Enought to crash my computer and the stereo and I keep forgetting to buy a UPS as it's not a problem when I'm shopping. There's only one transformer for the whole village but there are no heavy loads, I suspect that the problem lies with the gravel pit about 2km away that uses three phase and the heavy equipment loads the phase that the village transformer is connected to. It always happens during the day during the week. I tried to explain the problem to PEA but it never haappens when they are in the aresa and trying to get them to chage the input phase to the village transformer isn't working.

There is an "ignore" option to ignore AOP but I don't have a clue how it works. Have a nice day.