Nakhon Sawan News

nong38

As I have had orders from the colonist to tap a language he can understand I have spent several hour's this morning watching CTH U.S OF A programs.

Have learnt a lot to wit I now have a limo that's made by TOYODA and not Toyota and the Colour pronounced culor is wyte.

Then the program changed to a cooking one and very enlightening it was to, did you know that the American word for herbs is EEERBS spelling herbs. Bismati rice is pronounced BARZZMARTEE again spelling Bismati . Basil the EEERB is now BARZZIL yes you've guessed it Basil. Mascarpone cheese is MASCARPOAN' spelling mascarpone' Plastic is PLARSTIC once again plastic. And a topping for Cookies is now TARPING one more again topping. I won't go down the pig Butt stuff as might make a bit of a mess up and that would never do just wouldn't be Cricket, What.

Yes I know it's not easy to grasp at first glance but if you practice I'm sure you'll get it in the end. At least it'll please the non English peep's some what well I do hope so.

Stand by for my next exciting post all in Crockett fashion hopefully.

H/M.

Had to edit as didn't get the correct American tone's, anyway that's the best I can do at short notice, what's the odd's he complains about what I've tried so far H/M think's100%.

Edited by fredob43

There still appears to be some demos in town, east of Big C number 1 so reports are coming. Seems to be centred on Sawan Park as usual. We now go to town along the new riverside road so miss it all.

The exchange rate is good though and I dont mind if it keeps rising I can handle that.

Welcome home to the traveller, the man with the red coat and funny hat.

Is Santa Claus here already?

I have been a good boy all year and all I want is a new motorbike, a new pickup truck, an I phone oh and a mia noi.

Pretty please Santa and I promise NOT to guzzle all the sherry and eat ALL the mince pies this year.

I know I'm not like Santa IE fat but I do have a redcoat maybe I can offer you at least some part of your wish, can supply Mrs H/M for your Mia Noi she also come's with her own M/C and makes great tea crap coffee but would be willing to learn I'm sure.

Sorry nothing I can do about the pick up you'll just have to respray to old one but two out of three isn't bad. That reminds me of a song by some used to be fat Yank.

Fred.

H/M to the lower classes.

There still appears to be some demos in town, east of Big C number 1 so reports are coming. Seems to be centred on Sawan Park as usual. We now go to town along the new riverside road so miss it all.

The exchange rate is good though and I dont mind if it keeps rising I can handle that.

Now you have three post of mine to read and I wasn't going to make any more.

Thanks for the welcome home bit, have been out today round K.P.P. and not a single problem going on only thing that's not normal is we have a noodle festival going on along the Ping river, Mrs H/M informs me it happens every year and the food is at best edible.

No need to make any detours to get out of trouble or raise the red flag just to get some shopping.

Just one more reason to move out of N/S to a more civilised place like The World Heritage City of K.P.PHET.

Don't get your hopes up just yet as you will need to apply to H/M for your Visa, and you would have more chance of getting that than winning 'Spot the Ball' it's football quiz for the non English.

H/M.

Today football, D2 "champions league" Ang Thong -Paknampho NSRU live on SSF(true 96) 4 pm. Winner gets promoted to D1.

http://thaileaguefootball.com/division-2-2

Thanks for the update H.P but alas shall be out having a pint then watching West Ham lose to Liverpool on CTH.

Yes I know sad but there you go, some one has to support W/H, and K.P.P come to that.

H.M.

And what a great game that was! Or not... 30min played, 0-0 and Ang Thong got penalty. Paknampho was so angry that they walked out! Yes, they went home. Ang Thong will get 2-0 win and promoted to D1. This is Thailand and crazy thaifootball.

Edited by hullupullo

I have been a good boy all year and all I want is a new motorbike, a new pickup truck, an I phone oh and a mia noi.

Pretty please Santa and I promise NOT to guzzle all the sherry and eat ALL the mince pies this year.

I know I'm not like Santa IE fat but I do have a redcoat maybe I can offer you at least some part of your wish, can supply Mrs H/M for your Mia Noi she also come's with her own M/C and makes great tea crap coffee but would be willing to learn I'm sure.

Sorry nothing I can do about the pick up you'll just have to respray to old one but two out of three isn't bad. That reminds me of a song by some used to be fat Yank.

Fred.

If you supply Mrs H/M as a mia noi for me then who will clean the Augean stables?

I find that Nescafe 3 in 1 coffee works for me with a little extra milk.

I maybe up your way on Tuesday on a quick supply run but I will give you a call to pick up my goodies.

Thanks lowlander.

Fred.

If you supply Mrs H/M as a mia noi for me then who will clean the Augean stables?

I find that Nescafe 3 in 1 coffee works for me with a little extra milk.

I maybe up your way on Tuesday on a quick supply run but I will give you a call to pick up my goodies.

Thanks lowlander.

Don't worry the new stable Lass will do the cleaning, hence the availability of Mrs M/H.

3in 1 you wont get that at Chateau H/M 'no one take's sugar here' only Moccona espresso but it is strong and M/H hasn't a clue how much to put in.

Will be about on Tuesday but better to give me a call before hand regarding time.

Fred.

Edited by fredob43

Regarding Thai football I think they have a way to go before they equal Brazil. The following link may be old news ( 30 June this year) but it's not everyday a referee fatally stabs a player who refused to leave the field and in return is then stoned to death and dismembered.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-23215676

What ho Bill. I know your in Aus: having a good time hopefully.

So why oh why are you not sorting out those Australian Cricket player's us Brit's are getting slaughtered.

Already 1 match down and looks like tomorrow were in for another hounding, there's no excuse you should be outside the ground with a large photo of Mrs H/M putting the fear of Buddha up all those Bruce's.

Fred.

G'day Cobber,

I watched a good part of both tests and in my humble opinion It will need a miracle to prevent Australia winning the ashes. Something along the lines of a human sacrifice might do the trick but you would need to find a suitable subject first. Virgins are a bit thin on the ground around here so I can't help you much, maybe you can rustle one up.

The Perth test starts at the end of this week so you better think of something quick( apart from Mitchell Johnson that is).

Cheers,

Bill

G'day Cobber,

I watched a good part of both tests and in my humble opinion It will need a miracle to prevent Australia winning the ashes. Something along the lines of a human sacrifice might do the trick but you would need to find a suitable subject first. Virgins are a bit thin on the ground around here so I can't help you much, maybe you can rustle one up.

The Perth test starts at the end of this week so you better think of something quick( apart from Mitchell Johnson that is).

Cheers,

Bill

Don't you just love it when you go to all the effort to put a post in and you get TV messing it up.

Late now so will redo tomorrow. Thank you TV.

Edited by fredob43

G'day Cobber,

Cheers,

Bill

Don't you just love it when you go to all the effort to put a post in and you get TV messing it up.

Late now so will redo tomorrow. Thank you TV.

Well I see you've got the lingo off all you need now is change your name to Bruce and you'll be like a local.

Re the Human sacrifice have just the thing Mrs H/M, alas seems Bill has taken her off my hands for his Mia Noi so that's a no goer, got a feeling though in an hour or two he'll bring her back for a refund so could still be some hope.

Re Virgin not to many of those about had a good look round K.P.P university yesterday and not a Bugger in sight even for real money, only left with my dog now.

Got Christmas sorted Mike is doing the full monty, Dry old bird back to Mrs H/M again 'Turkey' Roast Beef, ditto Lamb, and poached Salmon if you want a healthy one. Perchance have several tubes of Mustard 'Colmans and lots of jar's of mint sauce from Morrisons so should help out German Mike's food some what. Did you know that German's don't use Mint sauce backward country what.

Boxing day round to a chum's for more of the same, thank Buddha I'll have rice to fall back on for a few week's after. Just got to sort out my father Christmas hat for the occasion and I'm all set.

Hope you have a good one Bill see you in the new year.

Fred.

H/M.

Bugger me this post has gone in so T Visa is not all rubbish.

Edited by fredob43

Cricket is interesting, Australia batting first and now 5/143 so England on top on a bouncy wicket. However when Australia bowls Mitchell Johnson could be a handful on this pitch if he can get it on line. On the other hand if he sprays it around the runs will come thick and fast. Will be fascinating either way it goes.

Cheers,

Bill

Cricket is interesting, Australia batting first and now 5/143 so England on top on a bouncy wicket. However when Australia bowls Mitchell Johnson could be a handful on this pitch if he can get it on line. On the other hand if he sprays it around the runs will come thick and fast. Will be fascinating either way it goes.

Cheers,

Bill

There you go again raising our hopes only to be dashed by Australia ending the day at 326 for 6.

Was at Mike's tonight and we discussed the cricket I think he got a trite lost as he started to talk about horses and hitting the ball with a stick 'mallet' that was after the hoops and hammer comment.

Must say on his behalf that he is German and doesn't do sport.

Had to pop into Big C today to use their ATM my bank one's had run out of cash, as luck would have it Mrs H/M (told you Bill would turn her down) was with me as had to help me out of the store, seems that young ladies prancing about dressed in their Santa outfit's don't agree with me.

Fred.

H/M.

Just thought you might like to know that Japan or some one has declared that Thailand is now Bird Flue free not that the other problems have gone away. At least something to look forward to on your return.

Edited by fredob43

I've been looking for a cricket to watch, but I guess that it's a little cold for them. The only ones that I can find are the cooked ones in the market. I think that watching them would be similar to watching a game that I watched in Melbourne, Australia, in the late 1970's. They did call it cricket I think! It lasted all day, the beer was good but the packed lunch of vegemite sandwiches was disgusting!

Fred,

Australia all out 385, now the exciting stuff should start with Australia bowling and England ducking for cover( apologies for the double pun). Santa's helpers at Big C-why not, they've just had snow in Cairo of all places.

Wayne,

You were lucky, the real cricket( test cricket) lasts 5 days but vegemite sandwiches are a cruel and unusual punishment only inflicted on visitors, Aussies don't eat that sort of crap these days. Luckily you had beer to wash the taste away.

I brought an Aussie Rules football back last time but had bit of trouble getting the locals to understand the rules. Not to be discouraged I'm thinking of bringing a cricket bat and ball on my return.....can't be too hard to get the locals up to speed on the game, can it?

Cheers,

Bill

Just had some home made honey and mustard bacon with onion and garlic for lunch.

Now pulled a small loaf and a couple of big home made fresh bread from the oven.

For Chilon. Did you know that Vegemite is actually on the UN list of chemical and biological weapons and is banned in all civilised countries. (Oz doesn't count).

Just had some home made honey and mustard bacon with onion and garlic for lunch.

Now pulled a small loaf and a couple of big home made fresh bread from the oven.

For Chilon. Did you know that Vegemite is actually on the UN list of chemical and biological weapons and is banned in all civilised countries. (Oz doesn't count).

I see your still on your diet then Bill, sound's delish anyway.

Fred.

Anyone been here, Pizza Stand? Good?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pizza-Stand/535842179773357

Don't do Pizza but their spicy sea food thingy look's ok.

Only hope that Mike doesn't see their prices as he could be raising his up through the roof as well.

H/M.

So have You been there? What's wrong with that pizza? Looks just how I like mine, thin and not pizzahut style.

Anyone been here, Pizza Stand? Good?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pizza-Stand/535842179773357

Don't do Pizza but their spicy sea food thingy look's ok.

Only hope that Mike doesn't see their prices as he could be raising his up through the roof as well.

H/M.

So have You been there? What's wrong with that pizza? Looks just how I like mine, thin and not pizzahut style.

More than likely nothing wrong with their Pizza but as I said I don't do pizza only had two or three in my life and found them about as exciting as Tex Mex just not my cup of tea. On top of that having to pay around 200bt 300bt+ in Pizzahut for a bit of bread and a bit of topping when I can get an 8oz rib eye + all the trimmings for 199bt at a restaurant here there's just no comparison.

Our local restaurant does I've been told great Pizzas and Mike makes them as thin as you want them have seen them come up like a crisp bread with plenty of toppings for just over 100bt. I thought the one you asked about didn't look that thin to me, did like the look of their sea food pasta as stated.

H/M.

Ah, H/M likes seafood, Here's a pizza for the "upper crust", only 31930 baht at the current exchange rate. I'm not sure if they deliver and, if they do, if they have a money back guarantee if not deliver in time. I assume that price is not an issue!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/21/1000-pizza-ninos-pizza-new-york-city_n_1615538.html

Edited by wayned

Ah, H/M likes seafood, Here's a pizza for the "upper crust", only 31930 baht at the current exchange rate. I'm not sure if they deliver and, if they do, if they have a money back guarantee if not deliver in time. I assume that price is not an issue!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/21/1000-pizza-ninos-pizza-new-york-city_n_1615538.html

EEEEEEEEEEK a $1,000 A, + HOT caviar 'should always be eaten cold' anyone must be out of their tiny mind's to pay that price for anything even with Main Lobster (not the best in the world)

Have also seen in the past Burgers selling for a fortune topped with gold leaf.

H/P I would never suggest what peep's should eat that's up to them, If you had seen what I have eaten in the past you would have a heart attack. Mrs H/M chicken feet with pork intestine just one of her specialty's, Braised Rams B@lls delish.

If you do give the place a try an update if you see one come up on their sea food pasta would be nice.

It has given me an idea on doing one myself how hard can it be a bit of pasta some mixed sea food home made Tomato or Tomado AM sauce and your sorted.

H/M.

Edited by fredob43

I see your still on your diet then Bill, sound's delish anyway.

Fred.

I figure that at 69 I have only one shot at live so I may as well enjoy it while I can.

Cold roast lamb, boiled potatoes and mint sauce for lunch today.

Yummy.

Yeh! I just celebrated (bad word) the 40th anniversary of my 29the birthday! I'm on a strict seefood diet! If I see it I eat it and usually wash it down with a cold beer! The only time that I can see my feet since I had my hip replaced is when I bend over! I keep saying that I'm going to stop eating but I'd probably just drink more!

I have the cure for the both of you come and have a week at Chateau Fred with Mr's H/M doing all the cooking it'll turn you off food for life.

On second thoughts it'll turn you to drink so maybe not such a good idea.

H/M today has a choice starting with large prawns 'Shrimp AM' garlic butter, followed by either grilled pork steak apple sauce, or roast Chicken with roast spuds and veg what a dilemma not knowing what way to turn.

Fred.

H/M.

Bugger me it's just started to rain at least it'll put a stop from watering the plant's.

Yeh! I just celebrated (bad word) the 40th anniversary of my 29the birthday! I'm on a strict seefood diet! If I see it I eat it and usually wash it down with a cold beer! The only time that I can see my feet since I had my hip replaced is when I bend over! I keep saying that I'm going to stop eating but I'd probably just drink more!

The worst bit for me is that I have a bad back anyway so cutting my toenails isn't easy and I have to go to the doctor and get him to trim the ingrowing one.

I have the cure for the both of you come and have a week at Chateau Fred with Mr's H/M doing all the cooking it'll turn you off food for life.

On second thoughts it'll turn you to drink so maybe not such a good idea.

H/M today has a choice starting with large prawns 'Shrimp AM' garlic butter, followed by either grilled pork steak apple sauce, or roast Chicken with roast spuds and veg what a dilemma not knowing what way to turn.

Fred.

H/M.

Bugger me it's just started to rain at least it'll put a stop from watering the plant's.

Mrs H/M will not allow H/M to use his farang kitchen so all the cooking is done in an upturned bucket next to the stables. Mind you there are some interesting smells and flavours around that area.

He has a fridge in every room but that is easy when you have only one room.

That is the first rain in 19 days. It only sprinkled up here. Enough to dampen the dust but that is it.

Edited by billd766