One Year Extension Based On Marriage

So sorry for any repetition with this post. I have spent 40 mins looking through and I am so confused!

I need to get married now I cannot get the Non-imm O one-year from Hull based on my/our three-year-old daughter. (I always knew I'd have to get married eventually!)

I know how to get married at the amphur etc.

My query is about the possible one-year visa extension based on marriage, once we tie the knot.

Can anyone point me to the definitive list of requirements? My biggest confusion is whether monthly income is required by Thai authorities or whether a lump sum is required - or even whether it is both!!

Please help.

Thank you

J

You need 400K or more baht savings on Thai bank (savings)account on your name. The money at to be there at least 2 months at the day you apply for the extension.

OR

An income of more than 40K per month.

(so not both).

The other requirements can be asked for at the immigration office (then might differ from office to office). You'll need to extend your visa in the office closest to your home.

Edited by kriswillems

Also you should know that nothing has changed as per the ability to get a 1 year extension based on you having a kid here. The requirements are almost identical to the wife extension but I believe the money in the bank does not have to be seasoned (can be fresh deposit)

"oven monthly income of 40,000 THB (evidenced, for example, by a Work Permit plus the most recent Thai tax receipts [PND1] and annual returns [PND91])."

Whilst this may be one way its not the only or required method.

A simple letter "proof of income" from your Embassy will suffice.

You must have had 400,000 THB on deposit for 2 months prior to your application, or a proven monthly income of 40,000 THB (evidenced, for example, by a Work Permit plus the most recent Thai tax receipts [PND1] and annual returns [PND91]).

I bank with the Bangkok Bank. Does the money have to be in a savings account or fixed account?

You must have had 400,000 THB on deposit for 2 months prior to your application, or a proven monthly income of 40,000 THB (evidenced, for example, by a Work Permit plus the most recent Thai tax receipts [PND1] and annual returns [PND91]).

I bank with the Bangkok Bank. Does the money have to be in a savings account or fixed account?

Don't think that matters but the account must be in your name only.

Here is the list of requirements that the Jomtien Immigration office gave me. They are current as I just did my extension a couple weeks ago.

1 yr extention requirements.pdf

Marriage Requirements

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Letter from your Thai Bank showing balance and up to date bank book.

OR.

Letter from your Embassy showing income. Now may also need proof of income as back up.

Marriage Certificate

Marriage Registry entry.

Wife's Tabbien Baan and ID Card.

Your Passport.

Copies of everything.

Photos of you and your Wife in and around the house.

A map showing the way to your house.

Passport size photos and 1,900 Baht fee.

Take your Wife to be interviewed.

You will be given a 30 day under consideration stamp.

Go back in a month and get the remainder.

You'll need to extend your visa in the office closest to your home.

Not true, you must apply at the office that serves your province.

Thanks for the correction. In my province (Chonburi) we have 2 immigration offices (that I know of). But probably we're a special case.

Edited by kriswillems

Hi all

Just did my application last Thursday for a 12 month extention on my non O immigration visa based on marriage to a Thai national. Had to submit two copies of all the documents as itemised by Lite Beer (post above) In relation to the Kor 2 we had to go to the amphur to get another one printed of and dated with an official stamp. We were married in Bangkok but our local amphur office in Udon Thani could locate our marriage documents on line. We were told this document must not be more than 6 month old and is proof that the marriage is still active . We had to pay 20 baht for copies to be printed off. When making our application we submitted pictures taken by my digital camera and printed off on my computer these were not satisfactory so we had to go back to our home and take extra pictures of us all around the home. I then took the camera to an official photo shop who printed the photographs off for us. In relation to the letter from the bank we also made sure our bank book was upto date and showed the same balance of that on the letter . We also had to bring a witness who was not related to either of us and they were interviewed and had to submit two copies of their ID card and House Registration book.

I recieved a 30 day stamp in my passport stating that my application was under consideration.

Thirty minutes ago we were visited by officers from the immigration

department and they asked a neighbour questions about us.

The neighbour had to submit their ID card and sign to say we actually live at the address on our application form as a couple .

Hope this is helpful

Andy

Edited by Firfox

Hi all

Just did my application last Thursday for a 12 month extention on my non O immigration visa based on marriage to a Thai national. Had to submit two copies of all the documents as itemised by Lite Beer (post above) In relation to the Kor 2 we had to go to the amphur to get another one printed of and dated with an official stamp. We were married in Bangkok but our local amphur office in Udon Thani could locate our marriage documents on line. We were told this document must not be more than 6 month old and is proof that the marriage is still active . We had to pay 20 baht for copies to be printed off. When making our application we submitted pictures taken by my digital camera and printed off on my computer these were not satisfactory so we had to go back to our home and take extra pictures of us all around the home. I then took the camera to an official photo shop who printed the photographs off for us. In relation to the letter from the bank we also made sure our bank book was upto date and showed the same balance of that on the letter . We also had to bring a witness who was not related to either of us and they were interviewed and had to submit two copies of their ID card and House Registration book.

I recieved a 30 day stamp in my passport stating that my application was under consideration.

The neighbour had to submit their ID card and sign to say we actually live at the address on our application form as a couple .

Hope this is helpful

Andy

Immigration from Udon dropped by late on a Saturday afternoon and checked on an application filed only a couple or three days ago? They must be keen!

Hi all

Hope this is helpful

Andy

Immigration from Udon dropped by late on a Saturday afternoon and checked on an application filed only a couple or three days ago? They must be keen!

Yeah I'm actually quite blown away by that. I can't see that ever happening in Chonburi. Also, I gave the Kor 2 from when were were married 7 years ago and they didn't seem to have issue that it wasn't a fresh on from past 6 months. Of course we have a couple kids as well and I submitted all their papers so maybe that helps build the case.