Husband Kills Nurse, 4 Others After Wife Assaulted: Sa Kaew

webfact

Enraged Husband Shot 5 Dead and 1 Injured

SA KAEW: -- A enraged husband shot 5 people dead and left 1 critically injured after a hospital orderly took too long to process his wife's hospital record. The police has initiated a search for the husband who is now on the run.

At 1.30AM this morning, Weera Wowjungreed took his wife, Wassana Thepthien to the hospital. Wassana was badly beaten and needed immediate medical attention. Weera became enraged after a male orderly at the Khao Chakan Hospital took too long to process Wassana's personal and medical record. In a fit of rage, Weera shot and killed the orderly, identified as Nipon Montri, in the emergency room at the hospital.

Weera then went on a killing rampage after he left the hospital. He shot and killed 4 more people at a karaoke bar in Wang Nam Yen area. At 2.15AM Weera shot and killed the karaoke bar owner, 3 waitresses and injured 1 male patron.

The victims have been identified as Yui, a Laotian national and the new owner of the karaoke bar. The karaoke, Santipap (means 'peace' in Thai) used to belong to Weera's wife who sold it to Yui. She was shot and killed with a 9mm gun in her forehead. One of the three waitresses killed was a Nongkai native, Sunisa Updee, 21 years old. She was shot twice, once in the head and another at her torso. The second waitress was known only by her first name, Nee. She's 20 years old and was killed immediately when she was shot in her neck. Mail, was the third waitress that was shot and killed at the bar. She was shot twice, once in her nose and another at her shoulder.

The injured male patron was identified as Darm Butrprom, a 36 year-old local from Wang Nam Yen District of Sa Kaew Province

The police has apprehended Weera's friend and is now on the hunt for the suspect. The investigators believe Weera acted out in revenge against the karaoke bar owner whom he believed had assulted his wife, Wassana.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2012-02-23

footer_n.gif

Husband allegedly kills nurse, 4 others after wife assaulted

SA KAEW: -- A 26-year-old husband allegedly shot dead a male nurse and four other women in two separate shooting incidents early Thursday after his wife was assaulted.

In the first shooting incident, Veera Wanjungreed allegedly shot Nipon Montree, 22, in the head at point blank inside the emergency room of Khao Chakan Hospital in Sa Kaew's Khao Chakan district.

Police quoted witnesses as saying that Veera did not say a word but walked toward Nipon and shot him in the head while Nipon was interviewing Veera's wife, Wassana Thepthien, 25.

Veera took Wassana to the hospital to receive treatment for injuries after she was assaulted at a karaoke bar.

Veera then went to the Santiparp karaoke bar and shot dead its owner, Pudthawan , 18, and three waitresses.

Police said Wassana was assaulted by Pudthawan and the waitresses.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-02-23

Not saying this guy is necessarily a meth head but use of yaa baa (crazy drug) and ice commonly results in paranoia, depression, and psychosis. Abuse of the drug can lead to phychotic rage of the extreme variety that this waste of skin experienced.

Just sayin'... this country is still over-run with this worst-of-all-drugs and this story reeks of either meth abuse or straight up, skip the cuckoo's nest, and put the wretch out of his misery.

My heart goes out to the victims families and, whatever may have been the case, we should all applaud when we see news of successes to fight trafficking in Thailand... especially of amphetamine related drugs. RIP

• Like 2

It's a tragic and very sorry story. However, is this really the kind of tabloid news of interest to farang?

-mel.

Actually, yes, this is ' really the kind of tabloid news of interest to farang' .......caught your eye anyway.....but I suspect that you are from ...............Phillippines....?

It's a tragic and very sorry story. However, is this really the kind of tabloid news of interest to farang?

-mel.

Actually, yes, this is ' really the kind of tabloid news of interest to farang' .......caught your eye anyway.....but I suspect that you are from ...............Phillippines....?

Hum....?

So you like to comment on the death of particulars and events you know nothing about, and have excitement about one case reported where a civilian went crazy?

I hope something comes good of this. Tell your son not to messy aroundy with another man's wife when he is older!

Filipino's don't quite write English as well as I do, thanks. Oh! And by the way! Philippines has only one 'L'. giggle.gif

Makey Friendy with me, mai na?

-mel. (What's eating your beef today?)

Edit: Apologies for the Filipino idiom at the end. Jing jing. giggle.gif

Edited by MEL1
  • Like 2

-mel.

Hum....?

So you like to comment on the death of particulars and events you know nothing about, and have excitement about one case reported where a civilian went crazy?

I hope something comes good of this. Tell your son not to messy aroundy with another man's wife when he is older!

Filipino's don't quite write English as well as I do, thanks. Oh! And by the way! Philippines has only one 'L'. giggle.gif

555.......ok.........errrmmm....Thai?

-mel.

Hum....?

555.......ok.........errrmmm....Thai?

Yup, you got it in three! I am Thai! - mel. ;)

Edited by MEL1

Not saying this guy is necessarily a meth head but use of yaa baa (crazy drug) and ice commonly results in paranoia, depression, and psychosis. Abuse of the drug can lead to phychotic rage of the extreme variety that this waste of skin experienced.

Just sayin'... this country is still over-run with this worst-of-all-drugs and this story reeks of either meth abuse or straight up, skip the cuckoo's nest, and put the wretch out of his misery.

My heart goes out to the victims families and, whatever may have been the case, we should all applaud when we see news of successes to fight trafficking in Thailand... especially of amphetamine related drugs. RIP

There is no mention of drug taking in the article, why would you assume it was drugs that brought about this tragedy? While definately not supporting his actions, the guy was obviously grief striken at seeing his wife in the state she was in and he flipped out. Wher I come from, whiskey is usually enough to trigger violence like this.

What i would ask is why was he carrying a gun in the first place at 01:30 in the morning?

• Like 1

Very sad story indeed. No one knows what is behind the scene however Murder was not the answer. Now the poor girl is also left without a husband which might be a good thing but who knows. RIP to the victims and condolences to the families. I know Hospital attendants can be slow but my god the poor nurse. :(

I hope they catch this man soon before he ends more lives.

Very tragic.

Ordinary people just getting on with their lives and then murdered.

Was watching a Thai crime programme on TV the other day, one case is when a guy went berserk and just stabbed passers by in the street at random.

It`s a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time, could happen to any of us.

There are many madmen out there and one never knows what fate holds for us each day of the week.

Man goes on shooting spree in revenge

Chatchawal Sopapan

The Nation

30176572-01_big.jpg

SA KAEW: -- A male nurse was shot dead at Sa Kaew's Khao Chakan Hospital early yesterday morning for allegedly asking too many questions, before four others were killed and one seriously injured at a karaoke bar nearby.

The man behind the killing rampage is believed to be Veera Wangjangreed, 26, who was allegedly avenging the assault of his wife Wassana Thepthian, 25.

At 2pm yesterday, police received an arrest warrant for suspect who was deemed to be "armed and dangerous".

Deputy national police chief Pol General Panupong Singhara, who was in Sa Keaw to look into this case, has issued a statement urging Veera to surrender and warned that if he resisted arrest, it could lead to an extrajudicial killing.

According to Panupong, Veera already has a criminal record for theft and drug abuse, adding that the consumption of yaba might be behind the man's uncontrollable temper.

The first shooting took place at around 2am, when Veera took his wife to the hospital and had a heated argument with male nurse Nipon Montri, 22, for asking Wassana too many questions about her injury. Veera pulled out his 9mm pistol and shot Nipon in the head, killing him instantly. The couple then fled in their borrowed pickup truck.

At around 2.30am, police received a report of shooting at the "Santiparp" karaoke bar near Wang Nam Yen Hospital and found the bodies of Laotian bar owner Pudthawan, 18, and three waitresses in their 20s. Dam Butraphrom, 36, an employee of the local electricity office, was also seriously injured during the shooting.

Saifon Thaithani, who is a cook at the bar, said she was woken up by the sound of gunshots and discovered the bodies after things had quietened down. She said Pudthawan had bought the business from Wassana in January.

Initial investigation showed that Wassana, who had gone to drink at the bar on Wednesday night, started arguing with Pudthawan, which lead to a fight and ended up with her being attacked by the waitresses. It is believed that Veera shot the waitresses dead to avenge the assault on his wife.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-02-24

There is no mention of drug taking in the article, why would you assume it was drugs that brought about this tragedy? While definately not supporting his actions, the guy was obviously grief striken at seeing his wife in the state she was in and he flipped out. Wher I come from, whiskey is usually enough to trigger violence like this.

What i would ask is why was he carrying a gun in the first place at 01:30 in the morning?

According to post #19, looks like you could be right mmcmartin!

• Like 1

-mel.

yes.

the nurse who was shot was a colleague/friend of my sister in law who is a nurse in wangnamyen.

and the karaoke bar is one (if its the one i think it is) i have had a few quick drinks in before.

so yes it is of interest at least to this farang anyway

Deaths like this happen all the time in the villages .. another good example from the same area is a few months ago a mentaly impaired male was found drowned & beaten in a large 'pond' near our village residence .. everyone is of the opinion he was murdered because he was annoying and may of just got on someones nerves .. however as he had no family with money and no one could be bothered to kick up a fuss about it its has just been left as unsolved without even the slightest enquiry ..

life is not worth as much here as in the west it seems

Edited by silentnine

Or he could simply be a <snip> piece of <snip> with anger management issues.

Edited by metisdead
d.sguised pr.fanity removed.

Not unusual.

This is of course Thailand.

Most people where I live carry guns........

It will be a sad day when the Press do not report News events, however distasteful they are and when they may offend Thai sensitivities. This country has too much secrecy and face-saving. All countries have such sad events as this, it is no shame on the country as a whole. Shame would be in hiding it, and anything short of total Police effort to bring the guilty to justice. Thai media -- keep up the good work !

Not unusual.

This is of course Thailand.

Most people where I live carry guns........

And this is a prime example of why they shouldn't be allowed to.

RIP to the poor souls who died needlessly at the hands of a moron with a gun.

• Like 2

Very tragic.

Ordinary people just getting on with their lives and then murdered.

Was watching a Thai crime programme on TV the other day, one case is when a guy went berserk and just stabbed passers by in the street at random.

It`s a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time, could happen to any of us.

There are many madmen out there and one never knows what fate holds for us each day of the week.

They weren't just ordinary people - as I read the article, they assaulted the man's wife. I don't condone the man's actions but I can understand his anger.

Or he could simply be a <snip>ing piece of <snip> with anger management issues.

I think he was just trying to live up to his name.

On a serious note though, why was he so impatient with the nurse, but then willing to take off in a "borrowed" pickup truck with his wife, before she even got treatment? This guy is nuts!