Altenative Banking

3stan

I don't think such a bank exists as the whole monetary system is tightly controlled, and getting more tightly controlled.

However, I am not an expert and would be interested to know if such banks are around and what they can offer. I'll watch with interest.

Yes I also think you would need to specify what services you are looking for? Storage of value, look into gold bars, small amounts you can store yourself, bigger amounts in storage facilities in Singapore (later this year I heard the tax on gold bars will be abolished in Singapore, too).

For payments online you can look into electronic currencies, webmoney, etc ...

For other international trade you could try to see if there is a Hawala dealer in your area.

For local trade you could try to exchange goods for other goods or for your time/help.

Edited by Maestro
Deleted reference to a pyramid scheme

Alternate to what ?

It is recorded that "Modern" banking was started in 14C. Italy, and these founding Banks quickly established a network of Branches throughout Europe, using such technology and methodology as existed at the time. Globalisation ?

I guess the nay-sayers of that age were fuming over their tankards of ale in the taverns, predicting an early demise of such an abhorrent creation.

Todays Banks operate in a much larger "known world", and of course, they use the latest technology. People continue to use the Banking system because, for all it's many faults, it remains a covenient way to conduct Financial affairs.

Those who believe otherwise can hide their wealth under the mattress and conduct their business with Gold or Silver.

What (and why) are the alternatives?

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure the 5 branches of the Islamic Bank in Chiang Mai aren't part of the New World Order.

I think you may find that in the future they are very much part of the New World Order.

What does it mean when it is said that a bank is "part of the New World Order"?

Edited by OriginalPoster