Bangkok University

thenervoussurgeon

It's okay but nothing special.

If you're familiar with the British education system, Chulalongkhorn is the local Oxford or Cambridge.

Thammasat is for Oxford rejects, and so is the local Bristol or Edinburgh or Durham (or Trinity College, Dublin).

Kasetsart is very good: you could think of it as the local LSE or Exeter.

Bangkok University is low to mid-range. Perhaps a local Birmingham or Surrey. Or maybe a former polytechnic.

This might be worth a read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_universities_and_colleges_in_Thailand

Edited by MediumPaceBowler

I asked the wife if it was any good. She paused, then laughed and sheepishly said not really and it's a private one for people who fail to get into a decent government one. I had my suspicions it was something like this. Mentioning no names.

She would have graduated about 15 years ago so whether it's still the same is another question.

When I said I assume the person asking is foreign she said it's actually it's quite good, but far from the best. So er, er maybe you can translate that.

It seems Thais that go there may have more bucks than brains.

Is that Burapha in Bang Saen/San suk ?

yes its the one in bang saen, he may want to go to Bangkok because his cousin is there and his friends from assumption all come from rich families so perhaps thats why they are going there. , he has lived in the UK for many years and his english is perfect ,also we know people who have large buisnesses ,he has already been offered a job when he leaves uni ,but i would like him to go to a good one ,but you know kids.

Edited by thenervoussurgeon

All I know about Burupha is the aquarium from wandering around there.

It looks like he maybe choosing his uni based on his mates as you say and maybe potential nightlife/beach. He's going to end up deaf if he's in Burdock nightclub every weekend.

Is Assumption the school in Si Racha ?

Edited by arthurwait

All I know about Burupha is the aquarium from wandering around there.

It looks like he maybe choosing his uni based on his mates as you say and maybe potential nightlife/beach. He's going to end up deaf if he's in Burdock nightclub every weekend.

Is Assumption the school in Si Racha ?

Yes the one in Sri Racha, i dont think he will be in the disco every night ,he is into sport and quite quiet ,takes after his mum ,not his dad lol.