Bangkok Taxi Driver Poses As Military Officer, Robs Foreign Passengers

webfact

Taxi Driver Poses as Military Officer, Robs Foreign Passengers

taxidriver.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- A taxi driver claimed he was a military officer and used a tyre iron to threaten and rob two foreign passengers in front of Rama IX Soi 62. He was later arrested by the Hua Mak Police who were able to identified the driver from the number plate taken down by the victims of the robbery.

Earlier this afternoon, Hua Mak Police arrested Pitakpong Piewsoi, 23 year old taxi driver, from Roi Ed Province. The police have charged him with armed robbery.

On Monday night Hammed Hassan, a 36 year-old Bangladesh national, filed a report with the police. Hassan told the police he got into a taxi, with his sister, in front of the MBK center in Siam area. Hassan said the taxi driver was driving usually fast. According to his testimony, the taxi driver kept alleging that there are many mafias in Thailand and claimed that he is a military official.

When they reached the front of Rama IX Soi 62, Pitakpong used a tyre iron to threaten Hassan, demanding he give up money and other valuables. Pitakpong forcibly took Hassan's bag which contained approximately US1,000 (Bt30,600) and Bt400 Thai baht. Hassan and his sister was then told to get out of the car.

Hassen had memorized Pitakpong's number plate and reported the robbery to the police.

Upon his arrest, Pitakpong confessed to the police that he had done this once before. He claimed he had no intention of assaulting the passengers he robbed. He said he used the money from the robberies to buy a bed and had already spent it all.

Pitakpong is now in the Hua Mak Police's custody.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2012-02-24

footer_n.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pfff. Look at the lightweight! He certainly can't wear a jacket on a windy day because otherwise he'd be blown away like a dry leaf. One kick and he'd be gone!

Who plays this character in your mind? Is it you, or perhaps a famous actor?

• Like 1

Seems so. Your point is....?

So let me get this straight....... The other bad taxi guy is raping and robbing young Thai women for months, and the police do nothing. Now a foreigner is robbed, and the case is cracked instantly.......

His point was that he/she didn't know nothing at all. Instant coffee sucks.

.I'm happy that I'm always driving with the good guys..mfr_closed1.gif

Edited by sirchai

Enjoy the rest of your evening as much as you've enjoyed the start.

Seems so. Your point is....?

So let me get this straight....... The other bad taxi guy is raping and robbing young Thai women for months, and the police do nothing. Now a foreigner is robbed, and the case is cracked instantly.......

His point was that he/she didn't know nothing at all. Instant coffee sucks.

.I'm happy that I'm always driving with the good guys..mfr_closed1.gif

From the headline, I expected this to be a story about a taxi driver driving around in a Military Officer's uniform committing robberies. But basically the story is ...

"Tire Iron Wielding Taxi Driver Robs Foreigners"

• Like 1

Was he targeting foreigners only? I wonder why.

(Another nail in the coffin of the hospitality hub).

When will somebody show some leadership in this country and officially announce, perhaps in front of TV cameras that Farang is actually human and kicking him is as bad as anybody else? Or am I incorrect to think that that would be quite a shock to many?

• Like 2