Suranand Hired To Provide 'Correct Image' For PM Yingluck

webfact

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was really expecting something spectacular, something inspiring, from you re the tree-planting issue. And you wimped out. Think positive, man! The PM is a greenie at heart, she just needs a little encouragement! Go for it! :)

The constant negativity from Whybother and Animatic has me worried for them, it has an obsessive quality.

Spot on.

He can't be in politics but he can manage the PMs image... 555555555

A banned politician is rehabilitating her political image

when corruption is the dish of the day and she decides

a banned politician is the best choice.

Takes one to know one I guess.

Oh, wait the most important members of her clan are banned,

So why would she think a banned person is bad for her image.

Yes, rotten peas in a pod think alike.

Another profoundly ignorant and absurd post, and one that gives Thai Visa a bad name.I am guessing that he has not the faintest idea of the background of Suranand Vejjajiva though naturally he will have googled frantically if he replies to this.

Cetainly Suranand was banned in a ruling banning his entire party, one which looks increasingly unsound and without doubt a judgement politicised by those who sought judicial remedies in the absence of electoral success.Be that as it may:it's water under the bridge.However there was never the slightest suggestion even from his ideological opponents that Suranand was involved in any wrongdoing.Indeed he is an admirable man,a liberal thinker, a patriot and with an excellent brain to boot.As I mentioned in another post he has not been reluctant to criticise Thaksin.

Now all you have to explain is, why a man "with an excellent brain to boot", who "has not been reluctant to criticise Thaksin" volunteers to participate in this charade with a clueless newbie as PM and the whole cabinet under remote control from Dubai.

Yep that is hard one..........could have joined the Democrats..........on second thoughts.....silly question

• Like 1

Spot on.

Another profoundly ignorant and absurd post, and one that gives Thai Visa a bad name.I am guessing that he has not the faintest idea of the background of Suranand Vejjajiva though naturally he will have googled frantically if he replies to this.

Cetainly Suranand was banned in a ruling banning his entire party, one which looks increasingly unsound and without doubt a judgement politicised by those who sought judicial remedies in the absence of electoral success.Be that as it may:it's water under the bridge.However there was never the slightest suggestion even from his ideological opponents that Suranand was involved in any wrongdoing.Indeed he is an admirable man,a liberal thinker, a patriot and with an excellent brain to boot.As I mentioned in another post he has not been reluctant to criticise Thaksin.

I know who he is.

I've read his writings.

I know of his history.

I disagree with your opinion of him.

The ruling was sound in relation to thai law at that time.

It has not been invalidated in the 5 years since it was passed down.

He chose to get in bed with Thaksin and paid the price for it.

Regardless of if he has criticized Thaksin, that doesn't make him a great brain.

An adequate political writer, but one pushing a biased line

that benefits his own future position, so no more or less self serving

than the typical thai political hacks.

Deeply submerged, but not promethian, insults you attempt to lob at me, rest just with in the rules,

But are obviously not aimed at the words solely, comme de habitude.

Oh my I feel so wounded by you arrows .... NOT.

Insults about as relevent as your hagiography of kuhn S.

Edited by animatic

Spot on.

Now all you have to explain is, why a man "with an excellent brain to boot", who "has not been reluctant to criticise Thaksin" volunteers to participate in this charade with a clueless newbie as PM and the whole cabinet under remote control from Dubai.

I suppose there are those out there who would disagree with your musings ,personally I think they are spot on ,but I would like to read as to just why they could be at odds with your post!cowboy.gif Edited by Colin Yai

I was really expecting something spectacular, something inspiring, from you re the tree-planting issue. And you wimped out. Think positive, man! The PM is a greenie at heart, she just needs a little encouragement! Go for it! smile.png

The constant negativity from Whybother and Animatic has me worried for them, it has an obsessive quality.

Try this coffee1.gif

Higher leaf area in plants increases transpiration and at the top of a canopy, transpiration is greater than close to ground level. An open canopy facilitates transpiration compared to a dense, closed canopy. A tree standing alone has a higher transpiration rate than a tree in a forest surrounded by many tall trees.

A fully grown tree may lose several hundred gallons of water through its leaves on a hot, dry day. About 90% of the water that enters a plant's roots is used for this process. Now you can calculate how many trees would have been needed to cope with the recent flood. clap2.gif

begin removed ...

Be that as it may:it's water under the bridge.However there was never the slightest suggestion even from his ideological opponents that Suranand was involved in any wrongdoing.Indeed he is an admirable man,a liberal thinker, a patriot and with an excellent brain to boot.As I mentioned in another post he has not been reluctant to criticise Thaksin.

In paragraph above one might replace 'Suranand' with 'Sondhi' wink.png

Edited by rubl

Hard to comment positively on a total cluster f***.

Oh come on, anyone criticizing the Shinawatras MUST be clinically insane.

Can you honestly say that there is nothing that she has done which you approve of?

Stirring stuff indeed

I was really expecting something spectacular, something inspiring, from you re the tree-planting issue. And you wimped out. Think positive, man! The PM is a greenie at heart, she just needs a little encouragement! Go for it! smile.png

Try this coffee1.gif

Higher leaf area in plants increases transpiration and at the top of a canopy, transpiration is greater than close to ground level. An open canopy facilitates transpiration compared to a dense, closed canopy. A tree standing alone has a higher transpiration rate than a tree in a forest surrounded by many tall trees.

A fully grown tree may lose several hundred gallons of water through its leaves on a hot, dry day. About 90% of the water that enters a plant's roots is used for this process. Now you can calculate how many trees would have been needed to cope with the recent flood. clap2.gif

Can you honestly say that there is nothing that she has done which you approve of?

I can honestly say that there is nothing I can think of.

Flood management - not a clue.

Fuel subsidies - a mess.

Tablets - total cluster f***.

Reconciliation - non-existent.

House and Car subsidies - why?

And just generally being a PM - total puppet.

Oh come on, anyone criticizing the Shinawatras MUST be clinically insane.

True, true, which means including k. Suranand of whom our esteemed member jayboy said "As I mentioned in another post he has not been reluctant to criticise Thaksin." whistling.gif

Fuel subsidies - a mess.

You forgot the rice.

Fuel subsidies - a mess.

Hm, I know it's a waste of time debating this issue with you but I will try.:)

Tablets I will agree upon, but possibly for different reasons, my viewpoint is that of a former teacher and head of IT.

Flood management is as much a national fault as hers, Abhisit was no better and at least Yingluck seems prepared to listen. For instance her recent meeting with the King.

Fuel subsidies, she seems to be adopting a realistic rather than populist approach, I would have thought you would approve of this.

Reconciliation, well it takes two to tango and I see the Dems equally reluctant work towards reconciliation.

House and car subsidies, could be seen as a populist vote getting move, it could also be a move to help the building and motor industries recover from the floods.

Being a puppet, possibly, but no more than Abhisit was a puppet for the military and royalist elite.

Could I add she made some good moves in Myanmar and seems to be doing well with ASEAN initiatives. She made some bad initial cabinet choices, as did Abhisit, but seems willing to try to rectify this.

Can a silk purse be made out of a sow's ear ??? It just seems to me that if she actually did some things right , there would be no need for a spin master ( correct image manager) to try to represent things as other than what actually happened. Well, as a banned politician, I am sure he knows the spin game well.... :-)

Edited by EyesWideOpen

While we're taking this off-topic, soon-to-be-deleted excursion.... The Minister responsible has already acknowledged that he made that decision. Isn't that factual enough? He wasn't casting around for someone else to blame, as I recall. It was a tragic mistake, as it eventuated. He had the courage to take full responsibility.

Edited by Reasonableman

While we're taking this off-topic, soon-to-be-deleted excursion.... The Minister responsible has already acknowledged that he made that decision. Isn't that factual enough? He wasn't casting around for someone else to blame, as I recall. It was a tragic mistake, as it eventuated. He had the courage to take full responsibility.

It is very irritating to be informed that 3 people have replied to my post ( by email), then find that the posts have vanished. Sure they had gone off topic from the hotel meeting, yet the fuss over the hotel meeting was a form of character assassination and people's views of Yingluck's character would therefor seem relevant.

"Suranand, who cannot hold formal office because he is one of the 111 barred Thai Rak Thai executives, said he had been working alongside Yingluck since last year's flood crisis".

Nice choice.dry.png

So why should he desist from his media work now if he has been working with Yingluck for months anyway? It's not as if his views will change.

If you feel this is a moderation issue, suggest you take it up with the moderators directly.

It is very irritating to be informed that 3 people have replied to my post ( by email), then find that the posts have vanished. Sure they had gone off topic from the hotel meeting, yet the fuss over the hotel meeting was a form of character assassination and people's views of Yingluck's character would therefor seem relevant.

If you feel this is a moderation issue, suggest you take it up with the moderators directly.

No it's more a notification problem, notification is automatic and instantaneous, mods are just human, but short of premoderation there is no simple answer. The more complicated answer, which I used to use when I was a forum admin, was to create a new topic and move them there. Anyway this comment is also off topic:)