Shuttle Bus Gone?

Went to immigration in Bangkok and the shuttle buses appear to be no more. There was a scruffy songteaw with no English signs on it. I was told to get on that by a policeman. Coming back I did not see that at all so hoped on a free 166 bus at immigration door which went to victory monument via the expressway. Why have the shuttle buses been taken away, is it to make us use the motor bikes?, which I notice charge Thais half of what they charge us from the road to immigration doors.

Likely because there is now commercial bus service; a good taxi queue; and both songteaw and motorcycle taxi service available. There are also paved walkways. That original bus shuttle was because there were no other options at the time.

But there were always taxis and motor bikes. The bus service seems a mystery to most as I was the only falang to get on it, lots of others just hanging around waiting for the crappy songtaew. Too far to walk even for any but the maddest foreigner.

Immigration locations do seem to attract farangs don't they? I wonder why that would be now?

Any ways how can you complain with a free bus to victory monument?

As people have said there are many options now. So what did you see....a Thai guy get on a motorbike taxi and he told the guy that it would be 10 baht and you herd this then you took one and he charged you 20 baht?

I have noticed this also. Seems the flashy new buses have been replaced by whoever has a dodgy old ute, some spare time and and a mate in high places.

Might be to cut costs, or maybe due to the re-shuffling of bus services that seems to be happening all over BKK.

I have noticed the few times i used that new yellow air-con bus there was never more than 6 people onboard..thai office workers mainly and rarely ever seen a farang utilizing that service.

If anyone wants to use the "ute" service to get to the main road, you will have to walk to exit 2 (from memory) which is the next exit to the right of the immigration exit.

I think the vehicles that go to the main road are marked "9" from memory

Any ways how can you complain with a free bus to victory monument?

?

I did not complain about the free bus service but falangs do not seem aware of it as not all 166 go into the govt complex the ones that do have yellow sign-in thai only of course. There is no information at all at immigration or outside about transport. Another 'improvement' is they now show lakorn on Chanel three at 90 day reporting, thankfully without sound. Why do they imagine foreigners want to watch this dross? anyway it's just another part of the daily amusements here.