Live In Kunming For Six Months, And Now Live In Chiang Mai ?

orang37

Sawasdee Khrup, TV CM Friends,

If there is someone here who has had experience, in the last several years, in living continuously in Kunming for some substantial period of time, and who is willing to talk about their experience via messages here within this forum:

I would deeply appreciate your sending me a private message.

I'm particularly interested in hearing from you if, while you were in Kunming, you were involved in any traditional "arts," like calligraphy, or study of tai chi quan, and/or nei gung, chi kung, etc.

thanks, ~o:37;

PM me with your email address and I'll try to hook you up with my neighbor. I don't know him well, but his wife and mine are very good friends. He just started working here in Thailand after several years in Kunming. He couldn't wait to leave. Oil and gas executive.

Well it's a stepping stone to the delights of Lijiang and Shangrila.

Have not lived there but passed through on acouple of occasions on the way to the above destinations,just another big city which I think had the distinction of having a number of fake Apple shops (now closed I believe).

We have friends who are native of Kunming currently living in Shanghai. Perhaps not the right people to give an expats view of the place?

I am a 69yo American who has happily lived in Kunming Yunnan for 8-9 months a year, for over five years now, and regard it as my permanent home. I have visited Chiang Mai several times. I view the city more a great destination in its own right, more than just a jumping-off point to the many nearby scenic marvels. how may i help you?

Allan

Over the last 2 years, I have spent over 6 months in KM with my Chinese wife's family. Being so used to the smallness of CM and much better bicycle riding, I found it much too big with too many people. The cooler and drier weather may suit many people more than CM. It is a nice place to live if you were occupied with either work or a project. Of course, like most Chinese cities, it is much more expensive than CM.

I am a 69yo American who has happily lived in Kunming Yunnan for 8-9 months a year, for over five years now, and regard it as my permanent home. I have visited Chiang Mai several times. I view the city more a great destination in its own right, more than just a jumping-off point to the many nearby scenic marvels. how may i help you?

Allan

Allan -

I have interest in doing the same as you have been doing. Can you tell me what China visa arrangements you had for this long stay?

Also, do you rent a home there permanently?

thanks