79 Year Old British Ex-Serviceman Arrested In South Pattaya With 13 Year Old Boy

Rimmer

Jingthing,

Unfortunately I do get it and have to agree with what you say. Would just make me feel better if he had his b0ll0cks cut off; being selfih in my post.

hmmm... <deleted> cut off, hang him high. i wonder why nobody talks about the 13-year boy and the 700 Baht he got every time? correct me if i am wrong, but was it mentioned anywhere that the boy was forced every time into the lewd act or did he willing comply when his iPhone rang?

Someone that young cannot legally consent. Of course, in reality minors can be very sexually aggressive. But that doesn't excuse the adults.

of course it does not excuse the actions of the old geezer and of course there is no "legal consent". but that does not justify that the authorities just shrug, look away and let the boy keep on earning his 700 Baht whenever he pleases.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sir Naam. That is true but if you put it that way you say we should look at any crime from both points of view. I stand with the boy who does not know better. I don't stand with the pilot because he knows better.

We can give our opinions and the facts. This time i give my opinion, though i think you are more a fact-man. Cheers.

• Like 1

Why do these low life come to another country and do what they can't do in their own country , not only the rock spiders I point the finger at all the drugs slags, people traffickers and any body associated with making other people's life miserable, lock em up and throw the key away and leave them in the bangkok hilton, no returning them back to their own country, suffer ya moron.angry.png

Chainarong, please do not delude yourself that this only happens in Thailand. The reason it is more evident here is because of forums like TV bringing it to the expat communities and that the acts are commited by "visitors/tourists". If this sort of thing happened Thai on Thai (perhaps inappropriate description of the act) you wouldn't hear about it.

Check your own countries statistics with the groups of criminals you mention above and be amazed!

Exactly , How often do you read about trapping or arresting and charging Thais who are Paedo's ? Not very often and they dont get the same sentences a Falang does. So this 13 year old is is in the Sex trade or was he used as bait or both?

And A german TV crew set up, surely they could entrap one of their own Deutchland lowlife, plenty of them around in the LoS

Edited by KKvampire

Exactly , How often do you read about trapping or arresting and charging Thais who are Paedo's ? Not very often and they dont get the same sentences a Falang does.

How do you know? Do you read the Thai newspapers?

I have certainly read of Thai on Thai arrests for these sorts of crimes. However, I doubt there are many German documentaries interested in that face of the issue.

When you get into the pokey mate, you will find out what it is like to be abused. Hope you rot in prison. You make me ashamed to be English.

The chap (or should say bloke) is British, and might not be English per se, so you might not have to be ashamed, however, if you want to be ashamed, then state ... You make me ashamed to be British.

Edited by personchester

No one replied to my post on page 2, maybe I'm not the flavour of the month, but will add that what sort of people and what sort of heart do the police have? instead of protecting the boy, they use a youngster to repeat an illegal act to catch the old man. That to me is as disgusting. All they always want is photo shots, to make them look good---PEWK

• Like 1

No one replied to my post on page 2, maybe I'm not the flavour of the month, but will add that what sort of people and what sort of heart do the police have? instead of protecting the boy, they use a youngster to repeat an illegal act to catch the old man. That to me is as disgusting. All they always want is photo shots, to make them look good---PEWK

You replied yourself. Good on you. Why ask why nobody did reply?

i agree with you!

Well as an ex RAF Pilot myself, I have done an extensive search of available records and at the moment, I am drawing a blank, as to Mr Norman Wallis being a Pilot in the RAF. I wonder who he really is? I still have a couple more data bases to check put so far nothing.

I guess we all start to feel compassion when someone is so old, but to be honest, who knows how many years he has been engaging in these types of activities and indeed if he has done much worse in his time. His age is no excuse and what he has done is unacceptable. I would like to see the boy also face some form of discipline, in a bid to sort him out, AND the boys parents, and in particular the TV crew that permitted an illegal act on a youngster to take place in order to get a 'scoop'! I am unsure whether jail is in the interests of the public, or better take away his passport, put him on the sex offenders register and that will put him out of action for the rest of his days. I do feel agreeable to a short jail term for the TV crew!

• Like 1

dancealot #70

maybe I was trying to get to join in the conversation, and thinking my post was pretty sensible. Sometimes on T.V. it tends to get a bit clickish.

What i was trying to tell you is that you made your point. Although many times in conversations the most valuable things said are not acknowledged but they are noted. There is no need to get into that again. It is already noted and i for 1 agree with you.

dancealot #70

maybe I was trying to get to join in the conversation, and thinking my post was pretty sensible. Sometimes on T.V. it tends to get a bit clickish.

The 79 year old was a perfect target. The Thai police can say "look world, we are trying to stop child abuse. It's the evil old falang pedophile that are coming to our country that cause the problems." The German TV crew can say "we are good Germans. We are out to stop sexual abuse of children. It isn't our countrymen that are doing this, it's the British." (Incidentally of Thailand, the U.K. or Germany, Germany is the only country where prostitution is legal.) The 13 year old child can say "hey, I'm just an innocent victim of old falang. Now, German TV crew where's my 3,000 baht for turning the old git in?"

Yeah, I don't like the sexual abuse of children any more than anyone else on this forum. But I think it is a different situation where the kid chooses to do the act. He may be 13, but no one put a gun to his head to meet up. There are many children in the world who don't have any choice and are forced.

• Like 1

The kids parents deserve a kick up the arse as well, <deleted> are kids that age doing in that sort of business.

Not the kids fault, they are not to blame.

I seriously believe that many of these kids are out there prostituting themselves with the blessings of their parents, then they choose they`re prey, in this case some old stinking farang pervert and the sicko is owned. Money in the bank for them.

So my message to the child rapists and twisted sexual perverts is; stay away from jailbait or face the consequences.

Edited by Beetlejuice

Sir Naam. That is true but if you put it that way you say we should look at any crime from both points of view. I stand with the boy who does not know better. I don't stand with the pilot because he knows better.

We can give our opinions and the facts. This time i give my opinion, though i think you are more a fact-man. Cheers.

Honourable Sir Dance-a-lot, Esq.;

what i meant is that the authorities should act and clean up the place. it might not apply to the specific case discussed here. i'm living since years in my home which by coincidence is located 3-4km (as the crow flies) from Beach Road and Walking Street, both areas i haven't seen in years after sundown.

but as a "resident" i feel quite embarrassed and sometimes even horrified when friends from abroad who visit Pattaya as tourists are asking me "how is it possible what we saw yesterday in public that...?"

bah.gif

Honourable Sir Dance-a-lot, Esq.;

what i meant is that the authorities should act and clean up the place. it might not apply to the specific case discussed here. i'm living since years in my home which by coincidence is located 3-4km (as the crow flies) from Beach Road and Walking Street, both areas i haven't seen in years after sundown.

but as a "resident" i feel quite embarrassed and sometimes even horrified when friends from abroad who visit Pattaya as tourists are asking me "how is it possible what we saw yesterday in public that...?"

bah.gif

What did they see?

The 79 year old was a perfect target. The Thai police can say "look world, we are trying to stop child abuse. It's the evil old falang pedophile that are coming to our country that cause the problems." The German TV crew can say "we are good Germans. We are out to stop sexual abuse of children. It isn't our countrymen that are doing this, it's the British." (Incidentally of Thailand, the U.K. or Germany, Germany is the only country where prostitution is legal.) The 13 year old child can say "hey, I'm just an innocent victim of old falang. Now, German TV crew where's my 3,000 baht for turning the old git in?"

Yeah, I don't like the sexual abuse of children any more than anyone else on this forum. But I think it is a different situation where the kid chooses to do the act. He may be 13, but no one put a gun to his head to meet up. There are many children in the world who don't have any choice and are forced.

Actually prostitution itself is legal in the UK, although there are many aspects of it that are illegal (soliciting etc) rendering it very difficult to actually get away with it.

Otherwise, I agree with your post.

What a bizarre view. An incident of a pedophile is reported and you equate it to prostitution and if that ignorance is not enough, you go on to attack the police for making the arrest and a TV Crew for doing a story about child abuse. You certainly can criticize the police for not intervening sooner but it is just out right bizarre for you to act like they went after this guy only because he was a farang. Did it ever occure to you that this story is being reported in English based news because it is of interest to expats and will serve as a warning to those who travel here for such purposes??? Or do you believe there aren't large number of foreigners her with the intent of exploiting children? Learn Thai and you can read more about stories that have to do with Thai on Thai crime, including child and sex crimes.

The guy was not charged with anything to do with prostitution and that is not what the story is about. He was arrested for sexually abusing a child. Not to mention you are wrong about prostitution being illegal in Thailand. You should read the laws, they are available in English. Selling or buying sex in a "lewd" manner is illegal but prostitution itself is not illegal in Thailand.

What a bizarre view. An incident of a pedophile is reported and you equate it to prostitution and if that ignorance is not enough, you go on to attack the police for making the arrest and a TV Crew for doing a story about child abuse. You certainly can criticize the police for not intervening sooner but it is just out right bizarre for you to act like they went after this guy only because he was a farang. Did it ever occure to you that this story is being reported in English based news because it is of interest to expats and will serve as a warning to those who travel here for such purposes??? Or do you believe there aren't large number of foreigners her with the intent of exploiting children? Learn Thai and you can read more about stories that have to do with Thai on Thai crime, including child and sex crimes.

The guy was not charged with anything to do with prostitution and that is not what the story is about. He was arrested for sexually abusing a child. Not to mention you are wrong about prostitution being illegal in Thailand. You should read the laws, they are available in English. Selling or buying sex in a "lewd" manner is illegal but prostitution itself is not illegal in Thailand.

Erm, think you might have picked the wrong target there Nisa - I believe Submaniac is actually Thai.

Erm, think you might have picked the wrong target there Nisa - I believe Submaniac is actually Thai.

No idea why or how that relates to anything except that he should know more about the laws in his own country as well as what is reported in the Thai news .. or are you suggesting because he is Thai that he should be given a pass in terms of understanding that prostitution and child abuse are two completely separate issues.

Nisa, I read the entire news story. While the child was being filmed by the German crew, the suspect telephoned the boy. The boy agreed to meet up with the suspect, and agreed to allow the suspect perform oral sex on him for 700 baht, while the police and camera crew were hiding a short distance away. The boy then stated that similar payment for sexual services were made previously.

This boy had a choice. He did not need to answer the telephone to meet up with the pedo. The boy did not need to travel to meet up with the pedo. On previous occasions, he did not need to have sexual relations with the pedo.

There is a difference to me. There are alot of children in the world who have no choice about the sexual abuse. There are children molested by their parents and relatives. There are children whose parents are so poor that they are sold off as sexual slaves, and cannot leave. This boy had the ability not to do it, and to leave the "sexual abuse". There are other children in the world who cannot leave the sexual abuse.

Are you going to sit and tell me that this boy in this case is exactly the same as the other situations? I don't think so. Do I think the old pedo should be prosecuted? Yes. Do I think that there are worst forms of child sexual exploitation? Yes.

An incident of a pedophile is reported and you equate it to prostitution and if that ignorance is not enough, you go on to attack the police for making the arrest and a TV Crew for doing a story about child abuse. You certainly can criticize the police for not intervening sooner but it is just out right bizarre for you to act like they went after this guy only because he was a farang.

I will criticize them if I want. I recognize it for what it is: a publicity stunt. I know full well that after the Pedo has been convicted, the German crew has flown back, and the police are back to routine business, that this boy will be back on the street and will answer another pedos telephone call.

What you don't seem to recognize is the utter futility of trying to save someone from themself. An alcoholic will continue to drink himself to death, no matter what anyone else tries to do, unless the alcoholic chooses to stop. The drug abuser will continue to use drugs unless they make the choice to get clean. I also recognize that this boy will continue to sell himself until he chooses not to. No matter what you, or anyone else says.

Edited by submaniac
  • Like 2

This boy had a choice. He did not need to answer the telephone to meet up with the pedo. The boy did not need to travel to meet up with the pedo. On previous occasions, he did not need to have sexual relations with the pedo.

You need help. I wonder what (if any age) you would believe such behavior is criminally and morally reprehensible. A 7-year old who agrees to have sex for an x-box game okay in your mind? Or is there some other reason here you feel a need to go out of your way to defend this guys behavior as not being that bad?

Edited by Nisa
  • Like 1

You need help. I wonder what (if any age) you would believe such behavior is criminally and morally reprehensible. A 7-year old who agrees to have sex for an x-box game okay in your mind? Or is there some other reason here you feel a need to go out of your way to defend this guys behavior as not being that bad?

Maybe nisa you need help, although I agree with the law side of this sh#t case, and would never defend the old guy, he should get what he deserves. BUT Submaniac has a point that you skirt around, this is a sad manure set up-----editorials make money --but the publicity is a good deterrent --but again it's the set up that is completely wrong, so it's o.k. is it to expose this kid for publicity gain ????? NO WAY if we started to do this worldwide every perv, will need a willing kid to nail him.

Find where these kids are working from---who the families are---the police know, and if they don't in Pattaya now they never will. nisa, prevention better than cure. The actual law here is rarely used. Legally you are correct, but look at the story and don't you realise it stinks to high heaven

• Like 1

You need help.

I need help? Because I disagree with your opinion?

I wonder what (if any age) you would believe such behavior is criminally and morally reprehensible. A 7-year old who agrees to have sex for an x-box game okay in your mind? Or is there some other reason here you feel a need to go out of your way to defend this guys behavior as not being that bad?

Do you know how to read? Or do you just post whatever pops into your head. Is there anything I have ever posted to say that he he should not be prosecuted? Do you see that anywhere? It's maybe because I didn't say it.

But let's pose a little question to you? Right now, at this exact moment, what do you think that that boy is doing right now? I know that he's going to be up to the same thing. The Thai police know what he's going to be doing later too.

The Pedo was charged with "lewd acts with a minor". He was not charged with child rape. Under Thai law (which I actually know) child rape is a death penalty offense (which it isn't in the U.S. and isn't in the U.K. because there is no death penalty).

The story is getting newsplay because it involves an old Falang. Do you think there are any Thai child molesters? There are pedophiles in every country and every culture. How often do you see on the news the Thai child molestors getting busted for the same thing? You don't because someone can't go back to Germany or England and sell a sexy story about a foreigner coming to Thailand to have sex with children. That story will sell.

The guy did the crime, and I don't mind him doing the time. But it bothers me that reality is being skewed. So now the world will equate all Falangs coming to Thailand as a child molester because of news stories like this. This guy was set up for a news story.

Or is there some other reason here you feel a need to go out of your way to defend this guys behavior as not being that bad?

You better watch your mouth if you're accusing me of what I think you are acusing me of.

Edited by submaniac
  • Like 2

No idea why or how that relates to anything except that he should know more about the laws in his own country as well as what is reported in the Thai news .. or are you suggesting because he is Thai that he should be given a pass in terms of understanding that prostitution and child abuse are two completely separate issues.

I was refering specifically to your suggestion that he should learn Thai and read the english language translations of the Thai law. His opinions are one thing but suggesting he doesn't understand Thais and Thai law was a touch ironic.

Edited by Orac

Maybe nisa you need help, although I agree with the law side of this sh#t case, and would never defend the old guy, he should get what he deserves. BUT Submaniac has a point that you skirt around, this is a sad manure set up-----editorials make money --but the publicity is a good deterrent --but again it's the set up that is completely wrong, so it's o.k. is it to expose this kid for publicity gain ????? NO WAY if we started to do this worldwide every perv, will need a willing kid to nail him.

Find where these kids are working from---who the families are---the police know, and if they don't in Pattaya now they never will. nisa, prevention better than cure. The actual law here is rarely used. Legally you are correct, but look at the story and don't you realise it stinks to high heaven

He is not saying anything about a set-up in what I am replying to. As I stated before, I can definitely see criticizing the police for not acting sooner instead of waiting for the deed to take place. If you want to defend somebody that put the blames on a 13-year old boy for being molested by an adult then you have issues. Kind of odd you are stating some concern for the boy being used by police but are defending a person who puts the blame on the boy for the crime ... very odd indeed.

So, I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you actually have not read the quotes you are responding and defending somebody who states ... "This boy had a choice. He did not need to answer the telephone to meet up with the pedo. The boy did not need to travel to meet up with the pedo. On previous occasions, he did not need to have sexual relations with the pedo."

Edited by Nisa

"This boy had a choice. He did not need to answer the telephone to meet up with the pedo. The boy did not need to travel to meet up with the pedo. On previous occasions, he did not need to have sexual relations with the pedo."

Nisa, it is true. The boy did not need to answer the telephone to meet up with the pedophile. The boy did not need to travel to meet up with the pedo. The boy had previous sexual relations with the pedo. This is fact. What transpired is in the news article.

But now we have a news article so that people in Thailand, Germany and the rest of the world can equate Falang=child molester based on this story. It gives more fuel to the fire. I KNOW that every Falang I meet in Thailand is not necessarily a child molester. But a story like this makes it seem like every old man coming to Thailand is going there to have sex with a child. That kind of bothers me.

I need help? Because I disagree with your opinion?

Do you know how to read? Or do you just post whatever pops into your head. Is there anything I have ever posted to say that he he should not be prosecuted? Do you see that anywhere? It's maybe because I didn't say it.

I can play your game too ... Where did I say that you said he should not be prosecuted? It is not an opinion you need help, it is fact when you are putting the blame on a child for being molested as you have in the below quote.

If you would like some help in understanding why this is such a sick thing to say then you may want to do some reading. It is no different than blaming a women for being raped because of what she wore or blaming a women for her husband beating her because she didn't listen to him.

Edited by Nisa
  • Like 1

The kids parents deserve a kick up the arse as well, <deleted> are kids that age doing in that sort of business.

Not the kids fault, they are not to blame.

I seriously believe that many of these kids are out there prostituting themselves with the blessings of their parents, then they choose they`re prey, in this case some old stinking farang pervert and the sicko is owned. Money in the bank for them.

So my message to the child rapists and twisted sexual perverts is; stay away from jailbait or face the consequences.

Agreed that the kids are there with the blessings of ( or forced to ) by their parents, or if no parents, whomever is "responsible" for the kids. In all the news items about farang paedos, I have yet to hear one that includes how the parents/ pimp were also arrested.

I'm also still waiting for the Thai Police or the TVP to intervene to stop the open and blatent child abuse that occurs every night on Walking St ( the exploitation of very young children to sell stuff to tourists till the early hours ) and other tourist venues around Thailand.