Thaksin Addresses On Video Link To Red Shirts

webfact

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A post has been removed due to possible violation of copyright and non compliance of fair use. It is generally accepted, but not written into law, that quoting the first two or three sentences of an article and giving a link to the source is considered “fair use” and not a violation of copyright.

Myself, I have different opinions about different parties but seeing that politics is the same world wide, I will support what ever party is in here in Thailand and hope for a better future for Thai's and us expats that live here.

My dad's better then your dad" will not get us anywhere.

There are a lot of dreamers posting here who won't face up to the fact that Thaksin is running the country in a far more effective manner than the Democrats did. The concrete results that his party are able to deliver make the Democrats look sick in comparison. We have already seen implementation of many of PTPs election promises, and at the same time drastic measures introduced to deal with the flooding problem, which the Democrats did absolutely nothing about. In the near future we will see the start of the tablet program and high speed rail along with many other policies to improve the lives of the Thai people. The sooner he returns to lead the country the better off the country will be. There will be the inevitable bleating and protests from the yellows, but now that the reds are well organised and highly mobile they will marginalize any attempt to create unrest. Once Thaksin has again proven himself to be by far the best leader available his misguided detractors will quickly diminish.

Quote ...We have already seen implementation of many of PTPs election promises, .......

- 300Baht minimum wage for all, surely bought a lot of votes, not yet implemented, confusion still abounds and the pm has openly said that it could be 3 years before some people see it, in other words doing more damage than good in terms of income gap

- 15,000Baht minimum start salary, surely bought a lot of votes, not yet implemented, total confusion still abounds. Lots of unprofessional attempts by raising allowances etc to some salaries just made it all worse

- Tablets for school kids, surely bought a lot of votes, not yet implemented, total confusion still abounds and it's possible the early issues will have operating software which hasn't been properly designed etc. Still confusion about internet services etc., and even worse, many teachers have very little It or software knowledge and don't know how to integrate the tablets into learning and no .sign of any training for the teachers.

- Food prices, pork, eggs guaranteed to be controlled and kept low, surely bought a lot of votes, prices now out of control and quite high

- Lots of knee jerk reaction to the floods, fast announcements of flood walls etc, but no research or national planning , but real big budgets for the sticky fingers.

- No announcements whatever about education reform

- No announcements whatever about policy to really make serious inroads into reducing the income gap and get a large % of Thais way above the survival line

- Cancellation of the free medical scheme..................... with the poor now having to pay

Yep, real progress

I agree, but to be honest I have to say that the 500 BHT for older citizens has been augmented to 600 with much paperasse. I don't know if it would be payed.

Hey I want to be compensated too, I had to stay a couple extra days and take a bus and stay overnight in Kuala Lumpur when the Yellow Shirts took over the airport!!! Where do I sign up for my compensation? I am a victim too!! And I was scared when the Red Shirts started a mini war in BKK. I should be compensated twice because I was a victim two times. Wow 14M baht I am going to start making a list of all the stuff I will buy.

Heck my wife was scared too, that's 21.5M baht for the two of us! Awesome!!! Go Takisan!! Go Takisan!! He's our man!!! Ya!!

• Like 1

Thaksin is talking big money, but none of it is going to come from his own pockets, yet his followers are fooled into thinking that he is so generous.

When it comes down to it, people would vote for whatever option makes them personally richer, regardless of the consequences to the country. For example, a promise of 1M baht to every household would definitely win an election - Thailand's central bank simply would need to print more money for the government to borrow. How it would be paid back is anyone's guess, but at least the election will be won and people will think that they are richer. (Just don't teach them about concepts like inflation and purchasing power).

Edited by hyperdimension

There are a lot of dreamers posting here who won't face up to the fact that Thaksin is running the country in a far more effective manner than the Democrats did. The concrete results that his party are able to deliver make the Democrats look sick in comparison. We have already seen implementation of many of PTPs election promises, and at the same time drastic measures introduced to deal with the flooding problem, which the Democrats did absolutely nothing about. In the near future we will see the start of the tablet program and high speed rail along with many other policies to improve the lives of the Thai people. The sooner he returns to lead the country the better off the country will be. There will be the inevitable bleating and protests from the yellows, but now that the reds are well organised and highly mobile they will marginalize any attempt to create unrest. Once Thaksin has again proven himself to be by far the best leader available his misguided detractors will quickly diminish.

Quote ...We have already seen implementation of many of PTPs election promises, .......

- 300Baht minimum wage for all, surely bought a lot of votes, not yet implemented, confusion still abounds and the pm has openly said that it could be 3 years before some people see it, in other words doing more damage than good in terms of income gap

- 15,000Baht minimum start salary, surely bought a lot of votes, not yet implemented, total confusion still abounds. Lots of unprofessional attempts by raising allowances etc to some salaries just made it all worse

- Tablets for school kids, surely bought a lot of votes, not yet implemented, total confusion still abounds and it's possible the early issues will have operating software which hasn't been properly designed etc. Still confusion about internet services etc., and even worse, many teachers have very little It or software knowledge and don't know how to integrate the tablets into learning and no .sign of any training for the teachers.

- Food prices, pork, eggs guaranteed to be controlled and kept low, surely bought a lot of votes, prices now out of control and quite high

- Lots of knee jerk reaction to the floods, fast announcements of flood walls etc, but no research or national planning , but real big budgets for the sticky fingers.

- No announcements whatever about policy to really make serious inroads into reducing the income gap and get a large % of Thais way above the survival line

- Cancellation of the free medical scheme..................... with the poor now having to pay

Yep, real progress

I agree, but to be honest I have to say that the 500 BHT for older citizens has been augmented to 600 with much paperasse. I don't know if it would be payed.

Which government implemented the 500Baht senior citizens monthly payment?

Yep, real progress

Which government implemented the 500Baht senior citizens monthly payment?

The Democrats in the last government.

• 4 weeks later...

It seems k. Thaksin in his phone-in has said many a fine thing, including he would try to help bail applications for his red shirt supporters still in prison.

As k. Thaksin has gone on record more than a year ago, not to know any red-shirts, I can only assume that with the special trips organized for red-shirts to visit him in Dubai, by now he does know a few.

The other paper this morning informs us that in a new phone-in to Red Shirts in Surin yesterday, Thaksin made a vow that he would personally pay for the bail of all incarcerated Red Shirts.

Thaksin said, "I would like red shirt detainees to be patient." "I am talking with judges and everything should be settled."

It'll be interesting to see if the Red Shirts believe him when he says the current PTP government is doing everything they can to assist the jailed Red Shirts.

With 9 months into their term, loads of Red Shirts still need help.

It seems k. Thaksin in his phone-in has said many a fine thing, including he would try to help bail applications for his red shirt supporters still in prison.

As k. Thaksin has gone on record more than a year ago, not to know any red-shirts, I can only assume that with the special trips organized for red-shirts to visit him in Dubai, by now he does know a few.

The other paper this morning informs us that in a new phone-in to Red Shirts in Surin yesterday, Thaksin made a vow that he would personally pay for the bail of all incarcerated Red Shirts.

Thaksin said, "I would like red shirt detainees to be patient." "I am talking with judges and everything should be settled."

We need some of those people he addressed on the Constitution drafting committee. None of those so called "experts", but people who understand that a silly paper doesn't mean anything if you got the right connections and influence.

Red Shirt apologists bemoaning third party elites interfering with the judiciary in three, two, one...

OK, it's going to take a while; I'll get a coffee and have a life in the mean time.

I say...roll out the Tanks. It's definitely time for another coup, and to return some sanity to the nation. Take time out, jail all the MP's who are currently evading the slammer due to Parliamentary immunity and allow the rest to ponder that they can all come back, but service to this country is the primary requirement.

It will be interesting to see what happens when lots of people in the North are all given 7.5 million baht compensation. I believe knowing the Thai culture of intense envy it is going to cause massive social problems. The haves and have nots. Come the next major requirement for Reds to protest in Bangkok, there will be millions of them, throwing themselves or their Grandmothers under buses or in to the line of bullets in a bid to get the next compensation payout. There could be trouble ahead!

sure and i just got back from disneyland where they also believe in fairies

sue and i also believe in fairies what a load of cobblers but then theirs none so blind those cant see

Thaksin said that he would personally pay their bail??? In "Thaksin speak" that means that he will tell his little sister to have the government pay their bail! After all, there really isn't difference between Thaksin's bank account and the Thai treasury is there? dry.png

• Like 1

Thaksin said that he would personally pay their bail??? In "Thaksin speak" that means that he will tell his little sister to have the government pay their bail! After all, there really isn't difference between Thaksin's bank account and the Thai treasury is there? dry.png

The National Treasury will send a truckload of money over to pay the bail.... with a big banner on the side that reads the same as government flood relief trucks:

A GIFT FROM POLICE GENERAL THAKSIN SHINAWATRA

Although I agree with you that the dems didn't do all that good of a job running the country, there is a big difference in what a government can get done when they have a majority government and when they are held together by a coalition.

The people who don't like Thaksin will never change their minds about his character. Many see him as a robin hood figure taking from the rich and giving to the poor. No one in their right mind would see that as such a bad thing. However when he steal from the rich give half to the poor and keep the other half for himself, there are going to be a lot of people who will see that as greed/graft/corruption/theft, and they will want to see justice.

Are you suggesting that Robin Hood and his gang did not take a cut?

How on earth do you think they managed to play music, wine and dine all day all night?

Running such a big operation and feed all thoses men, women and children cost money, even in sherwood forest.

Not to mention all those pairs of tights.

Edited by bigbamboo

The Court of Justice Spokesman has come out today and denied Thaksin's claim that he has been speaking with judges.

He went to say that all bail cases will be considered on a case-by-case basis and that Thaksin has no input.

More in the other paper's breaking news.

A further report this morning has the spokesman positing that Thaksin's claim of talking with judges was an attempt at showing off to impress his followers.

"He might have said this to impress his people, but the truth is that there has never been a discussion."

A further report this morning has the spokesman positing that Thaksin's claim of talking with judges was an attempt at showing off to impress his followers.

"He might have said this to impress his people, but the truth is that there has never been a discussion."

One can't have a high opinion or respect for people that seem to enjoy being lied at on a constant basis.

I can only hope his honest followers (as opposed to the lackeys on the take) wake up one day and realize the kind of person that is leading them by the nose.