What Region Of Thailand Is Your Partner From - Poll

Sing_Sling

Regions of Thailand and your Partner  

333 members have voted

1. 1. Which Region of Thailand does your partner come from originally?

• North (e.g. Chiang Mai)
    • North-East (e.g. Udon Thani, Ubon R)
    • Central (e.g. Ayuthaya, Bangkok)
    • East (e.g. Chanthaburi, Trad)
    • South (e.g. Hat Yai)
    • Partner not Thai

This poll is closed to new votes

i love how op says 25-40%, very scientifc. googling is too hard?

Whoa, Einstein . . . those figures are from various sites obtained from Google, hence the disparity. Very scientific? I'm sure you're quite happy to apologise for being a presumptuous dick.

Did I call you Einstein?

This is what you look like now :

egg_on_the_face.jpg

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As we know where farangs mostly find their wives, it's quite normal that they are from Esan right ?

The percentages would show otherwise

Many folks fill in Bangkok when their partner lived there, even though her family would be from elsewhere.

You can lead people to a poll but you can't make 'em read it properly.

I was expecting more votes for BKK (central) as aren't most poster's partners hi-so chinese-thai's from Bangkok?

I find it strange how Thai people link themselves to a certain area. Our kids have spent a total of 1 month of their lives in Ubon but thats where they say they're from...

Thai/Chinese Phuket, her parents from Phuket to..

Were do you guys find your issan ladies? in bars or what. dont not understand how you can live with girls from Issan, most girls from issan have no education and zero money, then you most send money home to the village each month haha

• Like 1

The Nepalese temple called. The abbot wants his ganja back. rolleyes.gif

Are you trying to suggest that I speak not the truth????

You are striking at the core beliefs of our Thaivisa membership !!! We all have wives just like mine !! ......... that Payboy is a bad boy, mutter mutter, dry.png

• Like 2

As we know where farangs mostly find their wives, it's quite normal that they are from Esan right ?

Do you mean "where most farangs find their wife" or is there actually a place where farangs go to establish their own harem?huh.png ?

Yes....send 100,000 baht to my Paypal account and I'll tell you where it is.

The percentages would show otherwise

Many folks fill in Bangkok when their partner lived there, even though her family would be from elsewhere.

You can lead people to a poll but you can't make 'em read it properly.

True, true . . . I thought I had been quite succinct

Looks like the Isaan Princesses have the game sewn up. As if we really needed a poll to tell us that.

You don't quite understand this poll, do you?

Well, in that other thread, I predicted 40% would have Issan partners, because 40% of the Thai population came from Issan.

Results currently stand at 37.5% from Issan, exactly as I predicted.

You're doing well . . . it took some time for the NE to get their act together

I'd still like to get some official stats instead of relying on Wiki and Thai newspapers

Well, in that other thread, I predicted 40% would have Issan partners, because 40% of the Thai population came from Issan.

My friend Google says ethnic groupings in Thailand are 34% Isaan (Lao), 32% Thai, and 16% Lanna (North).

Despite what 3 pages of comment say, it would appear, we are looking at a poll of ethnicity, and Farangs have no preference.

You're doing well . . . it took some time for the NE to get their act together

I'd still like to get some official stats instead of relying on Wiki and Thai newspapers

'official stats' ... I think that maybe you have a biased polling group from which the statistical relevance is unreliable.

Not implying though that the posters here at TVF are not good people!

Interesting idea for a post though ... sort of like a 'State of Origin' ... most Aussies will understand that comment.

Oh ... as for me, I married theblethers wife's younger and better looking sister (see post #44)

Note to self, when hiring new staff make sure that she is not theblether discarded hand maiden.

Edited by David48

Makes me smile when the snidey comments arise about Isaan and the people. <deleted> me. I've travelled the length and breadth of this land and anywhere 15-20 kilometres outside a provincial capital is ( for extreme want of a better word ) Hillbilly Central. Nothing against hillbillies of course. To quote the great Roy Walker of Catchphrase "Just say what you see."

I've just spent the past 6 months commuting between Kanchanburi, Saraburi and Lopburi. With no disrepects intended at all ( Kan is especially beautiful ) the Amphur Muangs of these places make Khon Kaen ( where my home is ) look like a cross between New York and Tokyo with a dash of Los Angeles thrown in.

Edited by mca