Just Been Robbed By An Atm

xandreu

I don’t want to be the guy that says “If you can’t afford to lose 1000 Baht, you shouldn’t be here”. But, I’m, not that guy, so I won’t say it.

you just did

But he was really trying not to say it!

Its not the 1000 baht I can't afford to lose, its the ten bottles of Singha I was going to buy.

SC

not only you balls the atm up,the next guy to use the machine will have a proplem, as nowt will come out due to you blocking the machine,going to be some queque at that bank or atm today,that indian guy will make a fortune,or perhaps everone will just go to meditate,at the atm.

I would have taken a picture of the stucked banknote and presented that to the issuing bank afterwards and write down the time and date when the withdrawal took place....

Somebody is too lazy to read the whole thread before posting their redundant advice, which has already been refuted. rolleyes.gif

I don’t want to be the guy that says “If you can’t afford to lose 1000 Baht, you shouldn’t be here”. But, I’m, not that guy, so I won’t say it.

you just did

But he was really trying not to say it!

Its not the 1000 baht I can't afford to lose, its the ten bottles of Singha I was going to buy.

SC

That, I can understand.

Odds are the next unlucky person to use that ATM will get that note or the people who service it will pocket it. If the ATM doesn't show an overage when they balance it then there is no way you will get your money back. I would thank Buddha that you were able to get any notes out of that piece of junk.

It would have been just too easy to withdraw 1000 more and get the former missing note right ?

People are funny, especially when they don't take a slip...

:-)

What about trying it with 100 Baht, to reduce the risk.

My goodness what a load..

What would you do in your home country, or any country for that matter? You contact the bank that operates the ATM. There's usually a phone number on the thing, or otherwise it's not that hard to track down. State the particular ATM location, and then the amount is credited back.

Happened to me once, but it didn't occur to me to go cry on an online forum to help the situation. Strange that.

Maybe the OP should have performed a citizens arrest on the ATM.

We will soon have gangs of ATM machines hanging around street corners robbing innocent young farangs.

Worrying....

• Like 1

i was robbed of my time opening this thread thinking it might be valuable to see where someone was physically robbed but u were just bitching about a mechanical failure that will probably self correct. :(

To be fair, when I read the topic title I thought it was shorthand for farang robs another farang.

I'm disappointed that your technique of staring at the machine did not work.

If that had been a Glaswegian staring at that machine you can bet it would have surrendered immediately and offered up any amount of money to escape wink.png

A Glasgwegian would have kicked the ATM's head in happy.png

Edited by theblether

I'm disappointed that your technique of staring at the machine did not work.

If that had been a Glaswegian staring at that machine you can bet it would have surrendered immediately and offered up any amount of money to escape wink.png

A Glasgwegian would have kicked the ATM's head in happy.png

Of vending machines and persistence

If at first you don't succeed

Use the boot, and then the heid.

SC