Thai Girl To England

Just a rough Guide.

Holiday Visa.

History of relationship, Reason to return, proof that you can suport her while in the Uk.

Settelment Visa,

TB test, English test, proof of Mariage, proof that you can suport yourself and your wife to be, Accomadation, all with out accsess to public funds.

see as the OP is referring to a Thai girl....how old is this lady ?......I thought the UK had restrictions on giving visa's to women under certain age married or not....could be wrong

Believe this is the case, as many immigrant communities would otherwise try to source girls as young as 12 or so as brides for their sons born in the UK. Not sure what the age limit is though. Thais need their parents' consent to get a passport, if they are under 20.

A lot of British people seem to plan to marry a non-EU national they hardly know and cannot communicate with effectively in the same language and then worry about how they are going to live together in the same country as man and wife after the fact. As a result many are doomed to non-functional marriages living permanently in different countries.

Edited by Arkady

From http://www.ukba.home...tled/spouse-cp/

Following a Supreme Court judgement immigration rules have been laid in parliament to reinstate a minimum age of 18 for a spouse, civil partner, fiancé(e), proposed civil partner, unmarried partner or same-sex partner, and his/her sponsor to qualify for entry clearance, leave to enter, leave to remain or variation of leave on the basis of the applicant's relationship.

I thought this only applied to settlement applications but reading the above it could also apply to visitor visas too, but then I would imagine it could only apply to a visitor visa if the applicants reason to visit was to be with or accompanying a spouse, but the applicant could have other reasons for visiting UK, ie would they refuse say an American because they were married and under 18 a visa to visit as a tourist?

I also seem to recall an instance on this forum in the last year where it was quoted a Thai lady under 21 used visitor visas to spend as much time as possible in the UK to be with her husband.

Edit in:

From November 2008 and October 2011 the age limit was 21 which was outlawed by the Supreme Court.

Edited by Basil B

Best apply for visit visa first, to be sure the ukba believe in your relationship before applying for the more expensive visa

If there's already enough evidence of relationship from the ops visits to LOS, phone bills, money transfers etc there's no need for her to visit the UK. My Mrs was issued with her settlement visa no probs and had never been here on a visit visa. The emphasis will mainly be on his ability to support the both of them "without recourse to public funds" so finances and accommodation are more important. Plus of course the English test, TB test etc etc