Pickles Restuarant

hellodolly

I had a map showing going north from north gate and taking a rite going as far as it went and then a left for it looked like a short distance and it would be on the right hand side of the road.

I lost the map.

Can any one fill me in on the roads to turn on. I went to the first set of lights and then turned right. Apparently I had gone to far.

Thanks for any help.

• Like 1

Just happen to have that little brochure on my desk:

"to get here from the Chang Phuek Gate: Go North on Chang Phuek Road (about 1.5 kilometers) toward the Super Highway . Turn Right at the Standard Charter Bank (Chang Phuek Soi 7 {Opp. Thanin Market}) Go to the end of the Soi and then turn Left (Ku Tao Soi 3) and go about 50 meters. We're on the right."

I left the wording, punctuation and capitalization just as they are on the brochure.

I've never gone, but Hubby loves the place. He actually is willing to go to Thanin market to pick up a few items for me when I point out he can go have lunch at Pickles first. He brought home the brochure trying to convince me to go (and maybe run my own errands to Thanin), but the traditional American BBQ restaurant menu doesn't look very forgiving for my Weight Watchers program.

• Like 1

Just happen to have that little brochure on my desk:

"to get here from the Chang Phuek Gate: Go North on Chang Phuek Road (about 1.5 kilometers) toward the Super Highway . Turn Right at the Standard Charter Bank (Chang Phuek Soi 7 {Opp. Thanin Market}) Go to the end of the Soi and then turn Left (Ku Tao Soi 3) and go about 50 meters. We're on the right."

I left the wording, punctuation and capitalization just as they are on the brochure.

I've never gone, but Hubby loves the place. He actually is willing to go to Thanin market to pick up a few items for me when I point out he can go have lunch at Pickles first. He brought home the brochure trying to convince me to go (and maybe run my own errands to Thanin), but the traditional American BBQ restaurant menu doesn't look very forgiving for my Weight Watchers program.

Thanks Nancy

My friend is drooling over what he heard about their corned beef sandwich.

Do you happen to have the phone number. I was told that it was advisable to call ahead as the hours are not always maintained.

Do you happen to have the phone number. I was told that it was advisable to call ahead as the hours are not always maintained.

You really don't like google do you?

Try it for the directions and let me know how you make out.

Can you recommend a map of Chiang Mai on Google that dosen't need a gps to follow.

Thanks Nancy

My friend is drooling over what he heard about their corned beef sandwich.

Yes, this is a question I asked on another thread but no-one wanted (or could) answer it, i.e. do you still have to call ahead to see if they are open?

You really don't like google do you?

Try it for the directions and let me know how you make out.

Can you recommend a map of Chiang Mai on Google that dosen't need a gps to follow.

You asked for the telephone number and I found it in 10 seconds on google.

• Like 1

Sorry, I ducked out of this thread, Dolly. Sure, I've got the phone number 089-637-0835 (which the mods will probably delete!)

The brochure lists the hours asTues-Sun 10 am - 8 pm. Hubby's always gone for lunch on a Wed, Thur or Friday and always found them open.

Sure, I've got the phone number 089-637-0835 (which the mods will probably delete!)

Relax Nancy, the forum rules do not prohibit phone numbers especially for a business and which is already publicly available. It's personal numbers that run into privacy issues.

• Like 1

Here's a Wikimapia map http://www.wikimapia...06&z=19&l=0&m=b Click on the site for the phone number.

Many thanks MrBrad

I never would have thought of Wikipedia. Tech is not my strong point more like a week point. That was a great map not like those google things where you need a microscope and a gps to find things.

Nice to have a forum with people who have information and don't mind sharing it.

• Like 1

Here's a Wikimapia map http://www.wikimapia...06&z=19&l=0&m=b Click on the site for the phone number.

Many thanks MrBrad

I never would have thought of Wikipedia. Tech is not my strong point more like a week point. That was a great map not like those google things where you need a microscope and a gps to find things.

Nice to have a forum with people who have information and don't mind sharing it.

Another good mapping system for a few cities in Thailand--Chiang Mai included--is MapJack. Many streets are not shown on the street view, but major streets are, and it's a good way to become familiar with the city. Plus I think it's fun! Woohoo! http://http://www.mapjack.com/?gUZyU8ieacVC

• 9 months later...

I have been to Pickles twice this month. The first time I had a Reubin sandwich and the second time a corned beef sandwich. Both were excellent: full of delicious meet, served on rye bread, with a few crispy pickles and either tasty coleslaw or ptato salad. I'm from New York, and know deli meats, and Pickles is not only the best in Chiang Mai, but in all of Thailand.

• Like 1

I have been to Pickles twice this month. The first time I had a Reuben sandwich and the second time a corned beef sandwich. Both were excellent: full of delicious meet, served on rye bread, with a few crispy pickles and either tasty coleslaw or ptato salad. I'm from New York, and know deli meats, and Pickles is not only the best in Chiang Mai, but in all of Thailand.

The last time I was there I had the patty melt on Rye. It was excellent.

My friend says there Reuben sandwich is excellent also. He was a chief trained by world class chefs.

• Like 1

I have been to Pickles twice this month. The first time I had a Reubin sandwich and the second time a corned beef sandwich. Both were excellent: full of delicious meet, served on rye bread, with a few crispy pickles and either tasty coleslaw or ptato salad. I'm from New York, and know deli meats, and Pickles is not only the best in Chiang Mai, but in all of Thailand.

What are the names and places of the deli's in Thailand that you are you comparing it to?

• Like 1

Sounds great, thanks for the tip. Will have to check it out soon.

What are the names and places of the deli's in Thailand that you are you comparing it to?

In my experience the pork ribs at Pickles are certainly a lot more juicy, flavorsome and plentiful than the equivalent offerings at the Dukes.

In my experience the pork ribs at Pickles are certainly a lot more juicy, flavorsome and plentiful than the equivalent offerings at the Dukes.

Fair enough, but I was wondering how David knows it's the best in Thailand?

The lack of a response tells me all I need to know. wink.png

I can not respond to that as I have never had them any where in Thailand. But I will put there Pattie Melt right up there with the burgers at the Dukes.

I would saw the BBQ King in Nonthaburi is the Gold Standard for BBQ and smoked meats in Thailand and Pickles is better tha that.

http://www.bbqsandwichking.co.th/

Edited by lannarebirth