Undelivered Mail... Stolen? What To Do?

timmyp

I just had some books, a pollution mask, and a couple other little things shipped from the U.S., but it been 4 weeks now, and the package hasn't arrived. Two months before I had a PayPal credit card mailed to me, and that never arrived either. I figured the first time was a fluke, but the second time really irks me. What can I do in this situation? I read some earlier postings on this forum about some of the people sorting mail at the post office stealing things.

But what should I do? I just moved into a new apartment, and I was thinking maybe there's a problem with my new address? I doubt there is, but where would I go to check? Maybe the post office has my package sitting on a shelf waiting for me? Yeah, I know, pretty wishful thinking...

I live on Ratchaprarop Soi 12. What is the general post office for my area? There's a little tiny post office just down the street, but I assume that isn't the GPO that would keep my mail if there were some problem with the delivery address.

Please let me know if you have any advice.

Here are the previous postings on undelivered packages, lost mail, and mail theft:

http://www.thaivisa...._1#entry4964416

http://www.thaivisa....__1#entry276882

Edited by timmyp

Only ever use signed for track and trace for a start. You can then pop the number into the thai post website (even if it is a foreign address) and see where it is. I had a very large box done this way; sure it took me a few hours to work out where the cryptic holding address was, but I found it. I believe that they could not be bothered to try to deliver it as it was 1m x 1m x 50cm and 25 kilo's.

For years no problems...........until about a year ago!!!!!!!!

Now hardly anything gets delivered. (cards, letters, packages you name it)

poanoi hit the nail.

I can tell you it just goes into the bin, they can't be bothered to deliver it.

The only solution is registered mail

Costs a bit extra, but it will ensure it gets to you.

I'm sure there will be posters who say everything is rosey in their area,

but for my area of Bangkok there definately is a problem

After living here 10 years we have lost (had stolen) countless items.

As soon as they see a Farang name on anything it's ripe for the picking.

What we do now is have anything delivered to a family member back in our home country and then we get them to address it in our thai housekeepers name to our address and amazingly nothing have ever been stolen since.

I have a tracking number. The tracking number shows the package leaving the U.S., then no more information. Maybe the plane crashed? I went to the local post office branch for Makkasan (the khwaeng where I live), and they told me to go to a bigger post office for the area, the Samsennnai Post Office. There they told me to go to another post office over in Din Daeng. I'm looking for that post office right now...

I tell family, friends etc not send mail. No need to these days with Skype and emails.

If there is anything important needs mailing get it registered so a signature is required.

Never had a problem with registered mail.

I had my Thai teacher call the phone number of some head postal worker in some head office. He said that the package hasn't been delivered yet, and that they have no record of it. Then he said that I should try the super head central main post office in Chaeng Watthana. Not sure who to call yet, but I'll post the results when I figure it all out.

A Chinese woman in my Thai class said that she had an undelivered package, and it took three trips to the post office with her Thai husband for them to "find" the missing package."Oh, here it is, sorry we missed it," after they had told her that they had no record of the package arriving at the post office.

Hopefully I'll have the same luck, that it will turn up if I continue calling people. 1 missing package was just bad luck, I figured, but having 2 undelivered packages in 3 months is more than just bad luck...

I had 2 packages of books sent to me 5 weeks ago..not heavy, maybe 5 kilos each. I have an mbe mail box in a big C centre, so as to avoid the problem of lazy postmen not being able to find my address, and thus dumping post.

1 package arrived 2 weeks ago, the other has gone missing.

One of the perks of living here I suppose !

I just don't bother with anything but letters to my gf in Isaan (Mahasarakham). Even 2 packets containing a t shirt in each never arrived so now don't bother. Never have a problem with parcels sent the other way though.

I had my Thai teacher call the phone number of some head postal worker in some head office. He said that the package hasn't been delivered yet, and that they have no record of it. Then he said that I should try the super head central main post office in Chaeng Watthana. Not sure who to call yet, but I'll post the results when I figure it all out.

A Chinese woman in my Thai class said that she had an undelivered package, and it took three trips to the post office with her Thai husband for them to "find" the missing package."Oh, here it is, sorry we missed it," after they had told her that they had no record of the package arriving at the post office.

Hopefully I'll have the same luck, that it will turn up if I continue calling people. 1 missing package was just bad luck, I figured, but having 2 undelivered packages in 3 months is more than just bad luck...

You should follow the chinese example "GO" along and ask do not waste a phone call - more than likely they will simply say "not here and hang up" no different to other countries unfortunately.cowboy.gif