Residency

If the process takes years, does that mean you still have to obtain non-immigrant visas and get extensions on a yearly basis?

What happens if you got your visa for example on the 2nd of July and your residency application is approved on the 3rd of July. Would this mean you lost the cost of the Visa and the cost of the visa run?

Applicants for PR are automatically issued 6 month (in some cases 1 year?) extensions of stay free of charge while their applications are under consideration. There is no need to go on visa runs.

How to match the 3 years tax if not employed here via,investment income,,holding company or any other ideas welcome.I was all geared up when they stopped isuing so will have to get "my ducks in a row" all over.

It is a worthwhile long term goal for me .

I have nowhere else to die and no family left back in Europe only Oz which doesnt want sick old people.non resident.

PR route.I have read all the stuff her.so to avoid travelling when too old.How much would I need to pay myself (and of course Thai partner/s) for the 36 months to at least meet the threshold.

I was guessing 40k a month which is around 500k per year

If I need 3 minimum Thai citizens on 300 aday payroll this adds another say 24k amonth so neare the 65k a month retirement level or 800k per year so x3 240k plus 200k to apply so 440k? or thick end of ten grand sterling to be left alone/

Has anyone ever got PR from employment in their own/famly cpmpany rather than Thai or Foreign big firm etc.

Thanks for any advice of course it looks like itl be Dec 2016 before I could earliest appear and wa planning to be almost dead (cerrtainly too tired for thousands of miles of visa runs rigmarole) by then according to my doctor.

My plan start company for wife now get work permit to be employed by wife.Start the tax ball rolling.

Edited by RubbaJohnny