Nan Successful "O" Extension

Attended Nan, nothing changed . same paperwork required as normal, slightly bigger square on extension form T7, to put photo. no new customer service form as mentioned with previous posters.

One thing was a little unusual. More helpful than normal. different attitude also. seemed somewhat friendly. hope it remains like this.

What was the extension for marriage or retirement

sorry, marriage.

Nan can be very ackward regards visa for teachers. i know of 1 guy who went to nan to get an extension for marriage and because his wife happened to mention he was a teacher, they insisted he show his degree and teacher permit. For a marriage extension ? WTH. he had 400,000 baht in bank and all Relevant documents but they pulled this one out of somewhere. as far as I know, its up to the labour office to ask for this and not immigration..

I can echo that story...I went to renew my retirement visa at Nan, the young officer insisted that my wife/partner show her ID card as well. He then told me I wouldn't get an extension next time as I was living with a Thai woman and should have a marriage visa! My Lady had a private talk to him, It seems the problem was that it was close to Xmas and I hadn't bought a gift! "Gosh! did you just drop that thousand baht note?" problem solved.

What was the extension for marriage or retirement

sorry, marriage.

Nan can be very ackward regards visa for teachers. i know of 1 guy who went to nan to get an extension for marriage and because his wife happened to mention he was a teacher, they insisted he show his degree and teacher permit. For a marriage extension ? WTH. he had 400,000 baht in bank and all Relevant documents but they pulled this one out of somewhere. as far as I know, its up to the labour office to ask for this and not immigration..

Not that unusual for immigration to check that someone is working legally. The teaching license was a bit over and I have heard that immirgation only cares about the teaching license if you go for an extension based on teaching and not if you go for an extension based on marriage. But checking if you have a work permit and thus not working illegally is their business.

I can echo that story...I went to renew my retirement visa at Nan, the young officer insisted that my wife/partner show her ID card as well. He then told me I wouldn't get an extension next time as I was living with a Thai woman and should have a marriage visa! My Lady had a private talk to him, It seems the problem was that it was close to Xmas and I hadn't bought a gift! "Gosh! did you just drop that thousand baht note?" problem solved.

i know the guy your talking about. why didnt you just tell him to get stuffed. hes a moron. you should have explained that you dont need to be married to get your extension. he tried it on with me on a number of occasions but i always print out the rules of the thai immigration website. when he comes up with nonsense, i just put the paper in front of him. his colleagues know he is wrong but let him try it on anyway. hes gave up on me now as he knows i wont give him a baht.