Overseas Telephone Calls

syd barrett

I have searched the search engine, yet drew a blank on this; What is the name/Where do you buy, a pre-paid card to dial overseas from an ordinary Thai telephone landline?

Perhaps there are some members like myself, who prefer a 'pay as you go' method for overseas calls for obvious 'Thailand' reasons! So far I use my mobile,which is O.K. with the 007 or 008 suffix.

Thanks in advance....SB

I have searched the search engine, yet drew a blank on this; What is the name/Where do you buy, a pre-paid card to dial overseas from an ordinary Thai telephone landline?

Perhaps there are some members like myself, who prefer a 'pay as you go' method for overseas calls for obvious 'Thailand' reasons! So far I use my mobile,which is O.K. with the 007 or 008 suffix.

Thanks in advance....SB

I use to use the Thai Card (by CAT) which is available from CAT offices as well as many bookshops / 'phone shops. It can be used from ANY 'phone. Cost to Australia was about 6 Bht / Min.

Now I have a home 'phone (billed by TOT) supplied by TT&T, I just prefix my International calls with 009 and get an Account from CAT each month. It still works out at about 6 Bht / min :o

I have True billed by TOT, isn't eveyone? When I call the UK I use whoever I can get through with, 007/008/009, all at 6bt per minute. The other night I dialed 009 and a recorded message said my Mum's number didn't exist, it did with 008 though!

Thanks in advance....SB

The card you mean is available from 7/11. I can't remember the name but works out to about 6 baht per min. for call to many countries. :o