Bbc Masterchef, In Chiang Mai

theblether

i think only in your lunch box because i got this error message

Currently BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only,

but i am curious, where is Ching Mai.

is that near the thai - china border?

It's near the Golden Triangle, which borders Laos and Burma. It's the second biggest city in Thailand.

Mate ... had a look at that BBC website ... only plays in the UK.

Isn't Chiang Mai ... not Ching Mai ?

I apologize twice over. Once for my misspelling and secondly for posting what is only viewable in the UK.

Can any of our Tech wizz kids find a way of linking to it?

I apologize twice over. Once for my misspelling and secondly for posting what is only viewable in the UK.

No need to apologise ... we all understand that your chubby little fingers can sometimes hit the wrong keys.

I have the same issue when I'm in Thailand and want to watch a programme from the ABC (ABC - BBC ... same same). While it's unique content in your native country there are external broadcast rights, DVD sales etc which could be diminished if it was available free over the internet.

Shame ... would have liked to watch the program.

Must be time for you to contribute to the advertising rights on your close personal friends anatomy!

iplayer demands a UK IP so the only way is via a proxy. Some of the US stations just check to see where you are and if it cannot find out then it works. Using an IP shield works for many things but sadly not iplayer.

Someone in the know could upload it to YouTube that would be good.

Any tech wizz kids in the uk able to load it onto youtube?

It's an interesting watch. They start in a street market in Chiang Mai, making fish cakes and Kao Soiy. The fish cakes looked spot on, the Kao Soiy sold out with a queue of people wanting it.

They then moved to Doi Tung and prepared a lunch for 50 former opium farmers who now work on the Royal Agriculural project. Some of the local cuisine they prepared looked superb. Doi Tung is about an hours drive from Chiang Rai, if u ever get a chance to visit it is an absolutely stunning place, with an outstanding Royal Swiss Chalet centre piece.

They then moved back to the Dhara Deva hotel in Chiang Mai, I spent a night there last year, it's pricey but stunning. They cooked a meal for the Royal Prince who was visiting there, the pressure was on and the comments they recieved were at times cutting, but on the whole very good.

If you ever get a chance go see Doi Tung, it is superb. I'm not one for using buses in Thailand, one bad experience too many, so I fly around the North with Kan Airways, based in Chiang Mai. They use a 12 seater Cessna, and the views flying over the mountains are quite superb.

Any tech wizz kids in the uk able to load it onto youtube?

It's an interesting watch. They start in a street market in Chiang Mai, making fish cakes and Kao Soiy. The fish cakes looked spot on, the Kao Soiy sold out with a queue of people wanting it.

They then moved to Doi Tung and prepared a lunch for 50 former opium farmers who now work on the Royal Agriculural project. Some of the local cuisine they prepared looked superb. Doi Tung is about an hours drive from Chiang Rai, if u ever get a chance to visit it is an absolutely stunning place, with an outstanding Royal Swiss Chalet centre piece.

They then moved back to the Dhara Deva hotel in Chiang Mai, I spent a night there last year, it's pricey but stunning. They cooked a meal for the Royal Prince who was visiting there, the pressure was on and the comments they recieved were at times cutting, but on the whole very good.

If you ever get a chance go see Doi Tung, it is superb. I'm not one for using buses in Thailand, one bad experience too many, so I fly around the North with Kan Airways, based in Chiang Mai. They use a 12 seater Cessna, and the views flying over the mountains are quite superb.

Cheers we don't need to watch it now.

• Like 1

Hey there bleather.

We have a program with a lassie who is very easy on the eye presents her cooking style.

Poh's Kitchen.

She visited Chiang Mai late last year ... but unfortunately it hasn't made it to YouTube yet.

But after you watch her in action you might interested in watching more of her ... her cooking!

She's very easy on the eye, though she is not Nigella Lawson licklips.gif

Start with this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvQn2jCqlik

Thai cooking kitchen basics (I've never seen a coconut grater before)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGfuLmpd3J8

Thai vege patch (in Australia)

This one is the recipes and blog from that program in Chaing Mai ... http://www.abc.net.a...es/s3332154.htm

I was really hoping that I could have found the YouTube version of the Chaing Mai program because the link to the BBC Masterchef expires in 19 days.

I will update you if I can find her in Chaing Mai

Edit ... just tried to watch that Masterchef program, but again, if you are not in your country you can't.

Has anyone else been able to view it outside the UK? If so, please post the link here.

Maybe you could invite Poh up to your village enticing her with some of your delicious local cuisine giggle.gif ... or maybe a little Scottish sausage?

Edited by David48