Buying New I-Phone With No Computer To Dock It To

Scaliwags66

Hello,

I am an idiot and lost my I-phone last night. I am traveling abroad and do not have my computer with me. If I buy an I-phone with no computer to dock it to, will I still be able to use it for calls and all of the apps? Also can I add music from other peoples computers? I don't know much about this type of stuff, but do remember registering my old one to my computer as soon as I bought it, so don't know what I can do with out having my computer with me. I was relying heavily on it and now am feeling pretty lost with out it! Thanks for any help!!!!

Cheers

Did you have iCloud set up on your old iPhone? If so then you should be fine, address book and so on should be syncing from the cloud.

You can re-download all your apps when you enter your Apple username/password, that's no problem

Adding music from other people's computers - I don't know, never tried.

I did have Icloud but had turned it off at times, am not sure if it was on or not. Did have it active at one time, so hopefully I may still be all good. Thanks guys, wish I didn't have to deal with it, I guess it is a 30,000 Baht type of night for me. dam_n it!!! Appreciate the the responses.

• 4 weeks later...

Make sure you install the "Find my iPhone" app on the new phone. whistling.gif

You mean, make sure you enable "Find my iPhone" in settings. There's no use having the app on the phone you're trying to find!

Edited by jamesbrock