Car Mot In Thailand

wineman

As said 7 years for a car/pickup. But then comes a very stringent test at an authorised facility.

The do a rubbing of the vehicle id plate in the engine bay and then....

THEY COUNT THE WHEELS. (Serious stuff)

End of test. Pay your 200 thb and get your certificate.

NOTE, while 4 is the preferred number of wheels, other values can be made acceptable by a change in the amount paid.

You can then get your vehicle taxed for another year safe in the knowledge that it completely roadworthy. rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

As said 7 years for a car/pickup. But then comes a very stringent test at an authorised facility.

NOTE, while 4 is the preferred number of wheels, other values can be made acceptable by a change in the amount paid.

You can then get your vehicle taxed for another year safe in the knowledge that it completely roadworthy. rolleyes.gif

Hahahahaha. So very true. I am sometimes open mouthed in wonder at the state of some of the vehicles i see driving around.

You mean they didnt test your horn as well ,when i took my sister in laws spare car (its only 20 years old ,they did ----and switched the lights on !!!! some people just get away with murder.angry.png

quote "You mean they didnt test your horn as well ,when i took my sister in laws spare car (its only 20 years old ,they did ----and switched the lights on !!!! some people just get away with murder".

Well that's a bit over the top. Maybe only kicks in after 10 or 15 years. Of course I would expect the lights to work....often drivers don't put them on at night to save fuel !!!!. As for the horn just checking if it was ever used as a taxi, their horns are used too often to signal potential customers and are often knackered .