5000 Heeded The Call

Boon Mee

boon mee, i'm in australia right now and i can't say i've met anybody who thinks the riot was a good idea.

i dont think they were 'white supremacists', just drunken louts and yobs who've been intimidated by the middle eastern gangs in their neighbourhoods. it was unfortunate that they chose to react in such a way.

if anything was going to raise the alarm over any imminent extremist act, this was it.

Well, the violence escalated until two lifeguards - young men who volunteered their own time to protect the public - were savagely beaten by a group of 14 Lebanese men. Allegedly, they shouted comments to the effect that Australians should leave the beach because it was now theirs - in fact, it was only a matter of time before the country was going to be taken over.

The next day, a camera crew was beaten by another Muslim gang... :o

Chronology, as I understand it:

1. Sydney beaches have been scene of weekend violence as "Middle Eastern youths" from Western suburbs have recently assaulted beachgoers and attacked lifeguards.

2. Local lowbrow white "Chavs," "Yobbos," what-have-you, organized surprise attack via cell phones. Waited for "ME youths" to arrive at beach, and had at 'em with bats, etc.

3. Enraged "ME youths" have retaliated with window smashing, vandalism in white neighborhoods