i dont know if anyone can help with this if so it is much appreciated.the problem is that i now no longer have the 800,000bht to keep my o-a retirement visa and would like to know if it is possible to change to a one year marriage visa and if so what do i need to do.

I have rung my immigration office but i dont think he understood the question and he hung up on me,a little rude but i dont really care.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me

Yes, you cna change your reason for an extenson to that of being married with no problem.

But first realize that you have 3 options to meet the requirement for an extension of stay based on retirement:

1. show 800,000 in the bank (which you can't)

2. show an income of 65,000 baht a month (can be from abroad)

3. show a combination of money in the bank and yearly income, together totalling 800,000 baht.

This last option is often the way to go for people in your situation. For income from abroad, it is your embassy that determines what qualifies as income.

Marriage Requirements

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Letter from your Thai Bank showing balance and up to date bank book.

OR.

Letter from your Embassy showing income. Now may also need proof of income as back up.

Marriage Certificate

Marriage Registry entry.

Wife's Tabbien Baan and ID Card.

Your Passport.

Copies of everything.

Photos of you and your Wife in and around the house.

A map showing the way to your house.

Passport size photos and 1,900 Baht fee.

Take your Wife to be interviewed.

You will be given a 30 day under consideration stamp.

Go back in a month and get the remainder.