Ethernet Connection Stopped Working On Pc

eek

Hi guys, hope you can help me fathom this.

Turned on the pc and its informing me i have no internet access. Last night working fine. Just plugged the ethernet into my laptop and disabled wifi (which works fine) and im connected.

So..somethings up with my pc, but no idea what to do.

Can anyone help?

Thank you kindly.

Well..no idea what happened, but went out for a few hours and when i rebooted, it was working again.

I think possibly that windows 7 may have issues with drivers...? Just that i occasionally have problems with very slow loading drivers..and sometimes my usb mouse and keyboard are not recognised (although recognised in safe mode). After a while, it automatically fixes itself. I can only guess thats what has happened here..although im not savvy in this area.

So thank you kind, and sorry for your wasting time, just something weird that happened!

Well..no idea what happened, but went out for a few hours and when i rebooted, it was working again.

I think possibly that windows 7 may have issues with drivers...? Just that i occasionally have problems with very slow loading drivers..and sometimes my usb mouse and keyboard are not recognised (although recognised in safe mode). After a while, it automatically fixes itself. I can only guess thats what has happened here..although im not savvy in this area.

So thank you kind, and sorry for your wasting time, just something weird that happened!

Usual things come to mind.. Anti-virus, anti-spyware, and possible harddisk/system issues. Check your system and application event logs for any odd I/O errors.

Usually, Win 7 is pretty stable, check your various drivers to be sure you're up to date, via the manufacturers site or option patches in the Win Update.

Sounds like you have too many stuff / programs loading on your computer at the same time / during startup, could not imagine any other option why your HW sometimes loads and sometimes not... might be worth reviewing your installatoin, de-install all you don't need or upgrade memory / board to more capacity or getting yourself a new machine if neither of the two options is possible.